2025 Recruiting: - Joson Sanon | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Joson Sanon

Reaction Score
I don't think your expectation was ever realistic then considering the size of the 2023 class
Not sure what you mean by this. Yeah, we took 5 in 2023, but the expectation was always that Castle would be a 1 and done, and Singare is a project. So you're really only looking at 3 contributors to the 2024-25 team in that class.

Reaction Score
We have no idea what is going on behind closed doors, what if karaban clingan castle and spencer all told Hurley they are coming back next year? In that scenario we dont have any minutes at all for next year. Not saying thats what happening but team cant disclose all plans
I promise you they didn't tell Hurley that last summer when we were still recruiting the guys we missed out on.

Reaction Score
Our biggest transfer class was 2022 with Diarra, Newton and Alleyne. Were going to need a better class than that, I don’t think that’s as easy as some people make it seem especially with NIL.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you mean by this. Yeah, we took 5 in 2023, but the expectation was always that Castle would be a 1 and done, and Singare is a project. So you're really only looking at 3 contributors to the 2024-25 team in that class.
What I'm saying is next year's roster will have 1 possible super senior (Diarra), 1 senior (Johnson), 2 juniors (Karaban/Romoglou), and then the 4 freshman and 2 sophomores you mentioned. That's a roster breakdown that needs upperclassmen who can contribute on day 1 to a tournament team way more than more young guys fighting for developmental minutes

Reaction Score
Our biggest transfer class was 2022 with Diarra, Newton and Alleyne. Were going to need a better class than that, I don’t think that’s as easy as some people make it seem especially with NIL.
That transfer class won us a championship so I'd say it worked out pretty well. It's pretty hard to do better than that

Reaction Score
Joey C also

Reaction Score
Maybe next year is a development year. Add one NIL starter and run the heck out of our freshman and sophomores and then bring in killer freshman for the year after. And for NIL maybe one senior but a couple juniors so they can develop and stick around for more than one year too.

Reaction Score
Starter level transfers = much more NIL money needed.

Hopefully we are in good shape there

Reaction Score
Hurley and co.’s track record on balancing development with the perfect portal additions has to be the best in the country. Did we miss on kids from the 2024 class that we wanted? Yes. But does that mean he has no other options/ is slacking off on the remainders of 2024 if he thinks they’d be a fit? No, of course it doesn’t.

I recall after the Flagg commit Hurley said something vague along the lines of… we aren’t going to go after kids just to fill the depth chart. We are UConn, we are going to construct the best roster we can. That means talented freshman every year supplemented with the proven talent needed from the portal. Reading between those lines… I think we can assume a few things are potentially true:

- He has confidence that some combo of Stewart, Ball and Ross will be positioned to make big jumps next year.

- he has confidence that come March/April, we will be able to get the pieces we need from the portal. Whatever combo of starters/bench pieces that is, he feels we are better served getting that from the portal than from the remains 2024 class.

- it has never been a well-kept secret when we are all in on a kid. We go full court press for what we want. If we’re not seeing a full court press for a certain kid, it means we don’t feel it’s warranted or worth it. Could be because we cool off on our end or cuz the kid is not receptive, but either way, this staff has a pretty good idea of how this whole recruiting thing works. They’re not going to chase kids that don’t want to be here or don’t belong here.

We probably aren’t going to have an honest evaluation of where Hurley thinks this team will be/what they need for next year til the end of this season. But I highly doubt Hurley is seeing these kids every day in practice/ is watching the kids we have coming in next year and has absolutely no plan for what we’ll need. The man is a machine. He’ll make the right moves to ensure we continue to be competitive at any level every year.

Reaction Score
Maybe next year is a development year. Add one NIL starter and run the heck out of our freshman and sophomores and then bring in killer freshman for the year after. And for NIL maybe one senior but a couple juniors so they can develop and stick around for more than one year too.
The benefit to the portal is that the a staff that has the resources and uses it wisely should not have any development/rebuilding years. Hurley and Co. should be able to reload and plug holes from the portal to supplement the younger guys who will be getting more run.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This may sound like a radical thought but I think it may be a good idea for the handful of posters who are fretting over what our roster may look like next season to spend a little less time on that and a little more time enjoying what we're doing this season.

Just a suggestion.

Reaction Score
People were freaking out this year as well, and while the jury is out about whether this team will win the title, we're #1 and got an excellent addition in the portal..
Last April…

Reaction Score
What I'm saying is next year's roster will have 1 possible super senior (Diarra), 1 senior (Johnson), 2 juniors (Karaban/Romoglou), and then the 4 freshman and 2 sophomores you mentioned. That's a roster breakdown that needs upperclassmen who can contribute on day 1 to a tournament team way more than more young guys fighting for developmental minutes
Is it possible Karaban plays himself into a first round pick this year?

Reaction Score
This may sound like a radical thought but I think it may be a good idea for the handful of posters who are fretting over what our roster may look like next season to spend a little less time on that and a little more time enjoying what we're doing this season.

Just a suggestion.
And a good one it is! However, one thought to remember, dynasty building is an ongoing and never ending process.

Does Cam have another year?:)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ever occur that Hurley might know what he’s doing and have a plan?
1x04 GIF by The Hills

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is it possible Karaban plays himself into a first round pick this year?
I think so. The question is does he leave as a first round pick or come back and shoot for being a lottery pick?

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Last April…
Third post in that thread particularly apropos.

Reaction Score
Last April…
There was a post also by M.S.G.

“Timberlake to Kansas? Had a talk with my guy from the DMV, lives right down the street from Towson - told me that Timberlake was not what we need, not good enough. He's always been a big supporter, said he has NO idea why Timberlake was getting high major love, says that Kansas is going to be quite disappointed.”

Wow this guy nailed it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom