2025 Recruiting: - Joson Sanon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Joson Sanon

Reaction Score
No mention of UConn here.

Sanon’s trip to Athens will be his fourth official visit. He’s also been to Indiana, Oklahoma State, and Arizona. Providence has also hosted him on an unofficial visit.

The Fall River, Mass. native is also looking to schedule an official visit to Kansas, he says.

Reaction Score
Seems about time to stick a fork in this one. Would’ve loved to have this kid. But, we are going to be losing a ton this year and Coach would prefer to supplement our returning young players with older portal guys that are already proven at the college level.

Reaction Score
Seems about time to stick a fork in this one. Would’ve loved to have this kid. But, we are going to be losing a ton this year and Coach would prefer to supplement our returning young players with older portal guys that are already proven at the college level.
We don't know if he has no interest in UConn, if UConn has no interest in him or the lack of interest is mutual. I know I aleardy lost interest in his recruitment because it seems to be going nowhere with UConn involved.

Reaction Score
It's just a little annoying to me. We should be cleaning up after a Natty and we aren't.
Which is exactly what we're going to be doing in the spring. I know we're at the point of the year where the board enters their yearly panic about the lack of recruits, but the landscape has changed and the portal is a huge factor now

Reaction Score
Portal > 50% of recruiting. We're just getting started.
But even Hurley said himself we don’t like to have to rely on the portal - we pick and choose our spots. You’re kidding yourself if you aren’t a little disappointed with our haul for the 2024 h.s. Class coming off the natty. My expectation was that we sign 3-4 high schoolers and then grab a couple portal guys. The way it’s looking we’ll probably need to bring in 4 portal guys - this was most certainly not our Plan A.

caw

Reaction Score
Georgetown...watch out for halftime recruiting from your pal Cooley.

(I am only partially joking)

Reaction Score
But even Hurley said himself we don’t like to have to rely on the portal - we pick and choose our spots. You’re kidding yourself if you aren’t a little disappointed with our haul for the 2024 h.s. Class coming off the natty. My expectation was that we sign 3-4 high schoolers and then grab a couple portal guys. The way it’s looking we’ll probably need to bring in 4 portal guys - this was most certainly not our Plan A.
I don't think your expectation was ever realistic then considering the size of the 2023 class

Reaction Score
We have no idea what is going on behind closed doors, what if karaban clingan castle and spencer all told Hurley they are coming back next year? In that scenario we dont have any minutes at all for next year. Not saying thats what happening but team cant disclose all plans

Reaction Score
We have no idea what is going on behind closed doors, what if karaban clingan castle and spencer all told Hurley they are coming back next year? In that scenario we dont have any minutes at all for next year. Not saying thats what happening but team cant disclose all plans
Spencer has used all of his eligibility, It's an open secret that Castle came in as a one and done, and if Hurley pushed Ajax to go pro, you best believe he'll do the same to Clingan

Reaction Score
Which is exactly what we're going to be doing in the spring. I know we're at the point of the year where the board enters their yearly panic about the lack of recruits, but the landscape has changed and the portal is a huge factor now
I hope next year's UConn isn't this year's St. John's. You can supplement your roster and fill a hole or two, but you can't build an entire team from the portal. We need some top recruits too.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I hope next year's UConn isn't this year's St. John's. You can supplement your roster and fill a hole or two, but you can't build an entire team from the portal. We need some top recruits too.
What is the difference between bringing in a top recruit, a freshman, and a top transfer? One could argue that transfers are just as, if not more, important in the current landscape.

Reaction Score
Which is exactly what we'll be doing, right now the likely starting lineup is all returning guys and we're filling in gaps in the rotation with transfers. Diarra/Nowell, Ball, Stewart, Karaban, Johnson

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I'd love to be in on the top HS kids but there's something to be said for going after guys who've already proved they can play in college. A bit of an oversimplification but, man, the portal has changed everything.

Reaction Score
Which is exactly what we'll be doing, right now the likely starting lineup is all returning guys and we're filling in gaps in the rotation with transfers. Diarra/Nowell, Ball, Stewart, Karaban, Johnson
I think we'll be doing more than filling in gaps in the rotation with transfers. I think it's likely we'll have a couple starters from the portal.

Reaction Score
I think we'll be doing more than filling in gaps in the rotation with transfers. I think it's likely we'll have a couple starters from the portal.
I hope so, I'd like to bring in some top level guards. Just saying it's not gonna be a St John's situation where it's a full roster. We'll have some core pieces in place

Reaction Score
I'll never forget the epic meltdown after the departures Floyd, Akok, Diggins, and Gaffney, and the graduation of Cole, Whaley, Polley & Martin. The sky was absolutely falling and so many posters were making dire predictions about the upcoming year without seeing the roster. People were freaking out this year as well, and while the jury is out about whether this team will win the title, we're #1 and got an excellent addition in the portal.

Especially with the portal, it's impossible to get too worked up until mid-June or July when transfers are done. We have to let things play out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom