2025 Recruiting: - Joson Sanon | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Joson Sanon

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'll never forget the epic meltdown after the departures Floyd, Akok, Diggins, and Gaffney, and the graduation of Cole, Whaley, Polley & Martin. The sky was absolutely falling and so many posters were making dire predictions about the upcoming year without seeing the roster. People were freaking out this year as well, and while the jury is out about whether this team will win the title, we're #1 and got an excellent addition in the portal.

Especially with the portal, it's impossible to get too worked up until mid-June or July when transfers are done. We have to let things play out.

I won't either.

OH NO WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT JALEN GAFFNEY POUNDING THE FLOOR FOR 5 SECONDS BEFORE PASSING IT TO SOMEBODY 25 FEET FROM THE BASKET?!?!

I was never in the Chicken Little camp and once we got Newton, I knew we'd be fine. He was a perfect fit, the staff prioritized him, and we got him.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
There was a post also by M.S.G.

“Timberlake to Kansas? Had a talk with my guy from the DMV, lives right down the street from Towson - told me that Timberlake was not what we need, not good enough. He's always been a big supporter, said he has NO idea why Timberlake was getting high major love, says that Kansas is going to be quite disappointed.”

Wow this guy nailed it

From 4/19/23:

I don't really care if people believe me or call it sour grapes, that's what I thought.

I appreciate that people who knew a lot more about him really wanted us to get him, and if KU was so desperate to get him, that speaks volumes too. But his highlight video was a small step up from a reel of some guy shooting 3s in an empty gym. It wasn't like he was whipping around screens like Hawk -- he was literally 5 feet open, over and over. He made a few tough shots and he clearly has a quick release but ... that's the best they could put in a highlight reel???

Yeah, I had my skepticism about Joey C stepping up in competition, too, but while he was awesome the fact is he averaged 6 PPG for us, and it seemed to me that people were expecting a lot more out of Timberlake.

Reaction Score
Not sure we're fully out here........yet
I haven't seen him mention UConn recently and the only recent evidence that UConn is in this is that coaches from UConn watched him at the Hoop Hall Classic. So I'd be surprised if UConn is on his final list. Then again, it's recruiting. Nothing should be a surprise.

Reaction Score
Given his official visits, doesn't seem like he wants to stay in the northeast.

Reaction Score
This may sound like a radical thought but I think it may be a good idea for the handful of posters who are fretting over what our roster may look like next season to spend a little less time on that and a little more time enjoying what we're doing this season.

Just a suggestion.
15% - Still enjoying last year
75% -Enjoying this year
10% - Thinking about next year.

Is this cool? Is this allowed?

Reaction Score
Our biggest transfer class was 2022 with Diarra, Newton and Alleyne. Were going to need a better class than that, I don’t think that’s as easy as some people make it seem especially with NIL.
You have forgotten Joey C?

Reaction Score

Hint, they are not basketball schools. So, be thankful for what we have because basketball-only conferences like the BE will always be fighting an uphill battle. Seeing this list makes me even more impressed with Danny.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
And a good one it is! However, one thought to remember, dynasty building is an ongoing and never ending process.

Does Cam have another year?:)
I fully understand the importance of continually bringing in and developing talent and I I thoroughly enjoy discussing recruiting, especially in the offseason.

It's merely an observation on my part but it does seem that some are so concerned about who will be suiting up when we begin next season that they are diminishing the amount of time they have to enjoy this season.

Enjoy this season. Be happy when we hear news similar to landing Nowell, be disappointed with news along the lines of not landing Flagg and accept that we won't have all of the answers on next season's roster until well after this season ends.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
15% - Still enjoying last year
75% -Enjoying this year
10% - Thinking about next year.

Is this cool? Is this allowed?
I’d go 20/75/5. I’m still buying National Championship gear…if discounted. And trying to read tea leaves of what current impact players may be disgruntled enough to reel in from the transfer portal..

Reaction Score
I think so. The question is does he leave as a first round pick or come back and shoot for being a lottery pick?
Is this a joke? First round would be incredible for AK. He's put in as much work as possible and should absolutely cash in at the end of the season if there is a draft opportunity

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I think so. The question is does he leave as a first round pick or come back and shoot for being a lottery pick?
He could shoot 60% from three, be player of the year and still wouldn’t be a lottery pick. If it looks like he’ll get drafted, he should go.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Indications I've received suggests it's a conscious thing. Portal first priority, and perhaps being a bit more stingy with offers in order to match the current program prestige (ie you don't see Duke/UK offering early, they wait and jump in late).
I get the portal thing, but the second half of that is interesting. I trust the staff, but I do feel like one of our major advantages on the recruiting trail with top recruits in the Hurley era (Bouk, Jackson, Castle) was discovering them early and locking them up before anyone else can swoop in. Staff has seemed to have an advantage of discovering diamonds early and at a high enough success rate I’m surprised they’d change that up…

Reaction Score
Creepy video, but UConn is mentioned in there (by Trilly, not Joson). But I'll take what I can get

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is this a joke? First round would be incredible for AK. He's put in as much work as possible and should absolutely cash in at the end of the season if there is a draft opportunity
Nope, it's question.
He could shoot 60% from three, be player of the year and still wouldn’t be a lottery pick. If it looks like he’ll get drafted, he should go.
Yea, so I guess that's my question, could he materially improve his stock from this year to the end of next year and if so does that justify the deferral of years earnings? Your answer is no.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Creepy tbh

I like him. He seems like a great kid, albeit a man a few words.

So apparently, Trilly, is the Emperor from the Star Wars movies.

IMG_1523.jpeg

Reaction Score
Anyone think we have any real shot at getting him? We could really use another piece for the 2024 Class but it doesn’t seem like he’s coming here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom