Josh Carlton Transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton Transferring

Reaction Score
Im gonna miss Josh the most of anyone here. I don't know what it is, he just has this buzzing aura and a big smile on his face every time he steps on the court or is cheering us on from the sideline. Thank you for sticking with us during the bad times, I will continue watching you wherever you end up

Reaction Score
Good luck josh in wherever u land. Maybe we’re seeing a lot of players take up the ncaa on the new transfer rules so thier senior year can be a real senior year with fans and parties and normal classes etc.... college won’t be there forever, Europe or international play will. No rush josh. Have a great real college experience next year. Enjoy your early 20s. Whalley, u listening ? Please come back. Lol

Reaction Score
Beyond just the basketball, it saddens me that these kids did not get to experience the full college experience at UConn. I hope Josh goes somewhere where he can get some quality playing time and a great non-Covid year at college.

Reaction Score
He was the shoe-in eligibility keeper for me. A clear need for a big backup center and Josh would have fit that role perfectly, especially since none of our incoming players profile similarly to Josh.

However, he's moving on and I wish him nothing but the best. If he wants to stay close to home, tons of schools in the Carolina/VA area where he can play a prominent role while still playing against solid competition.

I've mentioned it as a potential spot for Brendan Adams, but Richmond comes to mind. Four of their starters are graduating, mostly notably for Carlton starting center Grant Golden.

Reaction Score
He will probably go close to home UNCG or ECU the obvious candidates. Good for him. I’d be more upset if Polley were to transfer somewhere else or Whaley but I’m not surprised if they would want to as well
Whaley has a starting spot locked up if he chooses to come back. Polley will still get solid minutes because the team needs guys who can shoot. Can't see either of them leaving a NCAA tournament team to go elsewhere other than a pro league.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Josh is a really great young man - I have had the opportunity to talk to him on a few occasions - his head is screwed on straight.
His sophomore year was really nice and I expected him to blossom, however, like Gaff, he listened to some questionable advice and put on weight that his frame could not accommodate without having a negative impact on his game.
I wish him the best - he has always been a TRUE BLUE HUSKY

Reaction Score
Damn... I’m gunna miss him. He has a strong enough game to go anywhere to be honest. I can see him as a starter for most programs (not all but most). Tons of upside here. Best of luck!

Reaction Score
Wish him well, hope he finds the right spot for him that'll translate into a graduate degree and potentially a career in Europe.

Reaction Score
Good for Josh, but we need a new name for these graduating seniors doing a post-grad year elsewhere. Not really a transfer by definition

Reaction Score
A little surprised to see him transfer rather than move on to his professional career, but maybe with the uncertainty of things he felt it was safer to stay in college.

Reaction Score
Good for Josh, but we need a new name for these graduating seniors doing a post-grad year elsewhere. Not really a transfer by definition
Yeah, if a transfer is like a one-sided trade, this is much closer to a guy being a free agent and choosing to sign somewhere else.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Best of luck wherever Josh lands. Hopefully he can get back to sophomore year Josh. I think he would dominate at a mid major level. I remember thinking after his sophomore year he would be somebody to be close to double double numbers for the next two years.

Reaction Score
One of those guys I'll always route for. Not the most skilled player we've ever seen but am glad he was a part of the program.
We’ll always have that early season spin to the rim drop step dunk his sophomore year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Josh was born 20 years too late. In a different era, we would have pounded the ball into him at least every other possession. In 2021, a misunderstanding of analytics leads some coaches to reject post play in order to jack up more contested 3’s.

I hope Carlton finds a style that is a fit for his skills.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I’m really glad the NCAA allowed this 1 year of extra eligibility. It was very un-NCAA like, especially because of how much of a mess it’s caused.

But it’s really interesting to see how much all of these rosters change in the coming months. College bball will be loaded with talent due to this. A lot of freshman probably won’t get the playing time they would normally have gotten.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
The guys who stuck around through the ugly end with KO and the early growing pains with Hurley will always have my complete respect and gratitude. Things were ugly but imagine how much worse it could’ve been without CV/Al/Whaley/Polley/Josh being stabilizing forces.

I truly wish Josh nothing but success. Guys with his size/experience will be in demand, so I expect he’ll have no shortage of solid options

Reaction Score
Whaley has a starting spot locked up if he chooses to come back. Polley will still get solid minutes because the team needs guys who can shoot. Can't see either of them leaving a NCAA tournament team to go elsewhere other than a pro league.
Polley is done here. Great kid but very unproductive on the court. I wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom