Josh Carlton Transferring | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton Transferring

Reaction Score
On the way out of the Alamodome after that game I started the most epic "UConn...Huskies" call and response chant that I've ever been a part of.

One of my prouder moments.
Definitely remember responding to those on the long walk out.
Seemed like there was an added southern drawl to the chants in San Antonio, kind of pronounced: yuHUE con ---- husKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Reaction Score
I'm trying to think of a 3-pointer that was more important than the one Rashad hit against Duke with us down by 8.

Haha, as I'm typing this, I see @8893's post.
there isn't. I know the one to tie the Sweet 16 game against Washington in 2006 gets more highlights, but that 3 pter against Duke was #1 for me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Im gonna miss Josh the most of anyone here.
Wait? Josh posts on the BY?

(I wish Josh the best. He didn't bitch when he lost minutes and he was always ready off the bench. I hope he finds somewhere where he can be effective and appreciated.)

Reaction Score
Wait? Josh posts on the BY?

(I wish Josh the best. He didn't bitch when he lost minutes and he was always ready off the bench. I hope he finds somewhere where he can be effective and appreciated.)
He does, under the handle @Jarles. Only Josh himself could have started the Josh Carlton nickname trend

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I bet Pitt gets in contact. Coulibaly just entered the xfer portal and if there's one thing Pitt needs at this point it's a big man who can pop a trey and a character guy. OK, that's two things.

Not suggesting it's his best move, but hey, I can be president of his fan club here.
I propose a trade!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
But everyone here automatically jumps to "oooh August said Polley is better than Jesus Anderson"

This place needs a collective Adderall enema.

and maybe a remedial reading course.
Hardly.

I think you'd have done far better to stop after your first two paragraphs.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You're right, no one has ever discussed something in a boneyard thread that wasn't about the title.
Untrue, which you know.
Unnecessary, which you should know.
Unhelpful, which is my opinion.

Reaction Score
Really curious if Whaley goes the same route. Carlton and him live together. Same state. Wouldn’t be surprised.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
there isn't. I know the one to tie the Sweet 16 game against Washington in 2006 gets more highlights, but that 3 pter against Duke was #1 for me.

One got us a title and the other didn't, so it's not even close IMO.

Duke up 8, we're thinking everything is falling apart, and then in the snap of a finger Deng takes that ill-advised 3 and Rashad nails his 3, and we're rolling. It completely changed the trajectory of the game, and our season.

(I was at that game against UW and it was awesome, and I would never give away a win, but in hindsight losing that game to Roy & crew probably would've hurt less than losing to who beat us.)

Reaction Score
I'm trying to think of a 3-pointer that was more important than the one Rashad hit against Duke with us down by 8.

Haha, as I'm typing this, I see @8893's post.
The one he hit against Washington would have been if we had gotten to the Final Four.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
He will probably go close to home UNCG or ECU the obvious candidates. Good for him. I’d be more upset if Polley were to transfer somewhere else or Whaley but I’m not surprised if they would want to as well
Whaley will play 30+ minutes a game for us next year. Doesn’t make sense for him to transfer.

Reaction Score
some of you needed better mothering. Like? why would you consistently say mean things at inappropriate times
How is this mean? This is common sense. If he had playing time here next year he’d stay. The sensitivity on the boneyard is at an all time high. Josh is going to go somewhere he can play a ton of minutes in his final season. Good for him. I’ll be rooting for him. It’s ok, no ones feelings got hurt in the making of that post lmao

Reaction Score
“I weighed all three of my options,” Carlton said, “to stay at UConn, try to go pro or go and play at another school. And this seemed to make the most sense.”

“I’ll be going for my masters degree,” Carlton said, “and already having a degree under my belt, I think it’s something, later in life after basketball, I’ll be thankful that I did.”

Reaction Score
“It was pretty tough,” he said of his decision. “I was at UConn for four years, it’s never easy to do. I enjoyed my time here.”

“It was tough,” he confessed, “but I just tried to stay positive through all of it and support my teammates regardless of what was going on, and contribute when I was asked to make contributions.”

Free access article:

Reaction Score
Really curious if Whaley goes the same route. Carlton and him live together. Same state. Wouldn’t be surprised.
I would be surprised if Whaley didn’t go pro
First Whaley is a year older than the others
and very likely to get a G league deal where he can work on the jumper and make money at the same time,
Carlton and Polley really don’t have those opportunities until everything opens up again Overseas.

Reaction Score
If you’re just looking at a stat sheet and making the call, you’re doing it all wrong.

Tyler Polley needs a lot of stuff to go right to get off a three point shot...Rashad just needed the ball which is why he had about twice the attempts that Polley does. Lord knows what his final stats would have looked like if he didn’t have that hospital stint during his junior year.

Polley’s a good three point shooter and I’d like him back, but Rashad was a plus-plus shooter.
Spot on. Rashad had Ice in his Veins. Cold blooded clutch player who single handedly won us multiple games

Reaction Score
No issue with this. I'm sure Hurley will help him find a great fit where he can get lots of PT.

The love/respect they have for each other is real. Seeing them interact during Senior Day in person, it was obvious.

Important part of our rebuild. Best of luck Josh!!!!
Josh is a good kid. George Blaney put in a good word for Hurley with the Carlton family when the coaching change happened. His dad played for George at Holy Cross.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I bet Pitt gets in contact. Coulibaly just entered the xfer portal and if there's one thing Pitt needs at this point it's a big man who can pop a trey and a character guy. OK, that's two things.

Not suggesting it's his best move, but hey, I can be president of his fan club here.

It would be fun to be able to see him play, but I really hope he doesn’t pick Pitt. They’re giving off serious late Ollie tenure vibes and I wouldn’t wish that to be his final college experience.

I hope he transfers down to the A10/AAC/etc where he could really contribute and end on a high note. I’m sure there’s a lure about finishing up in the ACC, especially as half the league plays in his backyard, but Pitt is a disaster.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It would be fun to be able to see him play, but I really hope he doesn’t pick Pitt. They’re giving off serious late Ollie tenure vibes and I wouldn’t wish that to be his final college experience.

I hope he transfers down to the A10/AAC/etc where he could really contribute and end on a high note. I’m sure there’s a lure about finishing up in the ACC, especially as half the league plays in his backyard, but Pitt is a disaster.
As mentioned, I don't think it's his best move. However, Pitt was one of the first four teams to get in contact, and the biggest "name", so I'll pat myself on the back for that call.

I'll add that Panther-Lair's main BB board has been wildly entertaining the past few weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom