Josh Carlton Transferring | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton Transferring

Reaction Score
Happy for him! Curious to see where he ends up. I really hope he goes to a mid-major type school where he could really thrive and get big minutes.

Appreciate him helping the rebuild and staying at UConn for as long as he did. What these seniors went through was crazy and I’m glad they stuck with it.

Reaction Score
He will probably go close to home UNCG or ECU the obvious candidates. Good for him. I’d be more upset if Polley were to transfer somewhere else or Whaley but I’m not surprised if they would want to as well

Reaction Score
Wonder which option he'll go for...a bench role on a P5 team to try to make a deep March run or just take a bunch of playing time at a lower-level school.

Reaction Score
You know you have a great bunch of kids when juniors and seniors get their minutes eliminated by more talented younger players and you don't hear any bitching and moaning. Thanks to Josh for staying the course when no one would have blamed him if he didn't.

Reaction Score
I don't really look at this as a transfer. I know he can come back for another year, but in normal times he played 4 years, he's graduating, and he's moving on. When Hurley was recruiting a year ago and setting up the team for 2021-2022 he wasn't expecting any of the seniors to have the potential to come back.

I hope Josh finds himself a good situation for next year.

Reaction Score
Thank you Josh! Great person. Stuck around and never complained and did his best to help the young guys. Bought into Hurley and worked his tail off. I'd watch out for George Mason or ECU here.

Now with 1 ex-ollie guy to officially go...what is going to be Danny's excuse next year for not meeting expectations?

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
You know you have a great bunch of kids when juniors and seniors get their minutes eliminated by more talented younger players and you don't hear any bitching and moaning. Thanks to Josh for staying the course when no one would have blamed him if he didn't.

Coach Ollie recruited some great kids with genuinely good character.

Reaction Score
No issue with this. I'm sure Hurley will help him find a great fit where he can get lots of PT.

The love/respect they have for each other is real. Seeing them interact during Senior Day in person, it was obvious.

Important part of our rebuild. Best of luck Josh!!!!

Reaction Score
Good luck Josh! Hope he finds a school that will suit him well. The cool thing about the extra year of eligibility is it gives him another free year of schooling. He’d already be halfway towards a free masters degree. I know people often overlook the academic side, but having little to no student loans and a masters degree is really useful. Without the extra year of eligibility, he wouldn’t be able to get that, pretty cool.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom