Josh Carlton Transferring | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton Transferring

Reaction Score
Best of luck in your future endeavors Josh. Thank you for laying the foundation for UConn's rebirth and sticking it out through the tough times. You will be missed.

Reaction Score
There were moments in hurleys first year that Carlton was our best player. Then we tried to bulk him up and it hasn’t been the same ever since, even after he shed the weight his touch seemed to be gone. Hope he tears it up next year to pad his resume for overseas pro ball
I think that's what bothers me about him, or what was done to him. He is a great kid from what I see and he stayed through the tough times even though he could of bounced and I wouldn't have blamed him.

He did what was told of him, which was to put on the extra weight and it just seemed to slow him down and he never recovered. In a way it sabotaged, albeit unintentionally, his career trajectory. That's on Hurley.

Reaction Score
I could see him landing at a high major. His tape from this year is pretty good and he's being pushed out by talent, not necessarily by results. His rebounding numbers are monstrous.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
UConn: famous player leaving, fans be all like 'yeah! go for it! be ur best you! we luv ya!'
rest of cbb: famous player leaving, fans be all like 'wait, whut, why?'
we're just different, and that's a good thing.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Polley is done here. Great kid but very unproductive on the court. I wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Unproductive?

Compare his career 3 point percentage to Rashad Anderson. They are eerily similar in percentage and attempts per game average.

Over Rashads career he averaged 38.6% from 3 on 5.5 attempts per game.
Over Polleys career here he average 38.1% from 3 on 3.1 attempts a game (if you throw out his frosh year where he avaeaged only 1.1 shots a game he average around 5 attempts a game just like Rash)

Rash averaged 2.6 rebounds a game.
Polley averaged 2.0 rebounds a game.

Neither would be considered a stellar defender. Polley actually might get a slight nod in that one for length.

Rashad played for some incredible teams and hit some huge daggers . Love the kid. Was Rashad unproductive?

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Unproductive?

Compare his career 3 point percentage to Rashad Anderson. They are eerily similar in percentage and attempts per game average.

Over Polleys career here he average 38.1% from 3 on 3.1 attempts a game (if you throw out his frosh year where he avaeaged only 1.1 shots a game he average around 5 attempts a game just like Rash)

Neither would be considered a stellar defender. Polley actually might get a slight nod in that one for length.

Rashad played for some incredible teams and hit some huge daggers . Love the kid. Was Rashad unproductive?
Rashad Anderson was way better than Polley, and I like Polley.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Unproductive?

But how many times did Polley jump out of a bush late at night with a Scream mask and bloody knife as a prank?

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Unproductive?

While the numbers are the same Rashad was getting those shots off on a much more talented UConn team with more offensive weapons. I think you would see Rashad being more a focal point on the teams Polley played for which means more attempts and better production. I think Polley is a poor man's Rashad.

August_West

Reaction Score
He shot better on a much higher volume. And Polley is definitely not a better defender than he was. Also Rashad was a better ball handler.
Like I said their volume was very similar over final 3 years of Polley.

August_West

Reaction Score
While the numbers are the same Rashad was getting those shots off on a much more talented UConn team with more offensive weapons. I think you would see Rashad being more a focal point on the teams Polley played for which means more attempts and better production. I think Polley is a poor man's Rashad.
The difference as I see it is that rashad hit the ones that counted. That was his plus. Ice water. Polley had that look at the end of the creighton game that rash probably buries.

Point being stat wise think of it this way, if you would take rashad on next years team, and wouldn’t we all? We should take Polley if he wants to return. He will shoot 40 plus percent on 5-6 threes a game next year. We need a shooter.

August_West

Reaction Score
almost 6 threes a game is way more than 3
Vs last 3 years
4DB02EA3-F13F-418B-889E-516A649CFF61.jpeg

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
So now the numbers guys don’t like numbers.
I don't want to completely derail the thread about Josh but Rashad almost doubled Polley in win shares and PPG, shot a better percentage with 40% higher volume, and was a better defender and ball handler. Those are the stats I am considering.

August_West

Reaction Score
I don't want to completely derail the thread about Josh but Rashad almost doubled Polley in win shares and PPG, shot a better percentage with 40% higher volume, and was a better defender and ball handler. Those are the stats I am considering.
Lol win shares. He played on the best uconn teams of all time.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Lol win shares. He played on the best uconn teams of all time.
Win shares are a representation of how much value the player contributed to a team's win. Please stop talking about stats you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
you know this as fact? or is it your opinion?
Sounded like a quick-trigger, 3rd post, hot take to me, but I'll keep my eye open for additional sourcing.

Again, I find the widespread appreciation for Josh gratifying and wish him the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom