Josh Carlton C | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton C

Reaction Score
Zach Brown is not a top 20 player. He was early in HS because of his size, but scouts realized his game is super raw. Look at his 247 page, 85 composite and 111 by the site.

Yeah he fell way down. But he was highly ranked (20-25?) when he committed and was still considered a project.

Reaction Score
Oriakhi being a project is one of the odder takes we've seen here. I mean, I suppose it's a subjective term, but if he was a project, so are 95%+ of college basketball players. Kid was a McDonald's all-American who contributed immediately as a freshman and was a beast at times as a sophomore.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Oriahki, softest player to ever don a husky uniform

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
That's Oriakhi, national champ, to you.
True, and so was Michael Bradley, still doesn't change my narrative about AO. Not trying to be mean, just calling it how I see it.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If Calton is our only big in that class then we are in trouble. For two years now Ollie has neglected the front court, and it's gotten thinner and thinner each year without any refueling. Now we lose Brimah and Facey and we have freshmen who still need at minimum 2 years to develop taking over for them. We could be in trouble if we don't get an impact guy who can contribute right away. I don't expect Enoch or Durham to be ready to be servicable starters on a contender by next year.

Reaction Score
If Calton is our only big in that class then we are in trouble. For two years now Ollie has neglected the front court, and it's gotten thinner and thinner each year without any refueling. Now we lose Brimah and Facey and we have freshmen who still need at minimum 2 years to develop taking over for them. We could be in trouble if we don't get an impact guy who can contribute right away. I don't expect Enoch or Durham to be ready to be servicable starters on a contender by next year.
Have you ever seen this kid play???And how do you figure Enoch and Durham aren't capable bits?

Reaction Score
He hasn't neglected it. He has been all over Diamond Stone, Zach Brown, Bamba, Richards, Obiagu etc. He might whiff but it's not because he's not working hard enough or neglecting it. I also expect Durham to be a beast by next year, he's a McD's all-American type talent.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If Calton is our only big in that class then we are in trouble. For two years now Ollie has neglected the front court, and it's gotten thinner and thinner each year without any refueling....
The hell? We're now projected to have at least four 4-star big men on next year's team, one of whom was a borderline 5-star (Durham). We also had a high 4-star C commit then had to cut bait b/c of off-the-court issues, and we landed last year's No. 1 postgrad PF.

Absolute nonsense to say the front court has been neglected.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
The hell? We're now projected to have at least four 4-star big men on next year's team, one of whom was a borderline 5-star (Durham). We also had a high 4-star C commit then had to cut bait b/c of off-the-court issues, and we landed last year's No. 1 postgrad PF.

Absolute nonsense to say the front court has been neglected.
Relative to the talent we have been bring in in the backcourt, the front court is without a doubt lagging in terms of incoming talent. The only impact player we have recruited brought in is Durham and he will be eased into the game slowly with his injuries, leaving us with really only Enoch and Diarra as the big next year.

As it's currently constructed, our team produces all of its offense through its guards and the occasional wing player. We don't have a single big that we've seen play yet that you can just dump the ball to and let go to work. Our bigs only contribute in the form of rebounds, putbacks and lobs, that's it and very lacking for a team that has championship aspirations. I get that we won a title with Brimah but that's a bad example because (a) freshman brimah was a lot better than people expected or thought, his development has just lagged since, and (b) we had a transcendent college player with with great complimentary pieces. Carlton seems like a good 4 year project but seriously as of right now there is a huge void in our front court in the 2017-18 season, how can you possibly deny that? Especially for a team that wants to return to a final four.

Reaction Score
He neglected the frontcourt by adding Durham and Diarra in last year's recruiting class? And a top 50 big in Enoch the year prior?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Carlton seems like a good 4 year project but seriously as of right now there is a huge void in our front court in the 2017-18 season, how can you possibly deny that?
First: That's not what you said in the previous tweet.

Second: I can deny that because it's untrue. Enoch is a 4-star center who will be entering his junior year, while Durham & Diarra were both key parts for one of the best recruiting classes in the country.

Can you say "there will be questions about UConn's frontcourt in 2017/18" or something similar? For sure. But to go all chicken little with "there's a huge void!" or "Ollie's neglected the frontcourt!" is just a waste of pixels that has no bearing on reality.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
First: That's not what you said in the previous tweet.

Second: I can deny that because it's untrue. Enoch is a 4-star center who will be entering his junior year, while Durham & Diarra were both key parts for one of the best recruiting classes in the country.

Can you say "there will be questions about UConn's frontcourt in 2017/18" or something similar? For sure. But to go all chicken little with "there's a huge void!" or "Ollie's neglected the frontcourt!" is just a waste of pixels that has no bearing on reality.
I'll say it again, as of right now there is a void in our front court.

You can disagree with me but I don't think it's that far fetched. Also I'm not just looking at star rankings and calling it a day. I'm looking at size, strength and skill. Diarra is what, 6'7"? Carlton is 6'9", and Durham 6'10" but with a wire-Y Deandre Daniels frame. Enoch may be our only true-C frame on the team, and his defense means we can't rely on him an entire game, at least not yet. That won't be able to compete with the teams with size like Texas, UNC, UK, etc. The types of talent we face in the NCAAT is drastically different from the AACT.

Do you remember how we all felt watching that Colorodo game this year where Scott was absolutely manhandling us? A well rounded team can't get dominated in one major aspect of the game like that. Rebounding has been a recurring theme for 3 years now, and we are losing the one single reliable front court guy we've had for the last 4 years now and replacing them with freshman you've never seen play at the college level once. How you can act like it's not even a topic of discussion is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's old school but I totally agree good hands are so important to Big Men. I think poor hands has held Brimah back.
I agree that hands are under rated. Think about the problems our big men have had holding on to rebounds, just catching the ball in the post. I think Enoch has decent hands and I hope he gets the chance to use them this year.

Reaction Score

You can disagree with me but I don't think it's that far fetched. Also I'm not just looking at star rankings and calling it a day. I'm looking at size, strength and skill. Diarra is what, 6'7"? Carlton is 6'9", and Durham 6'10" but with a wire-Y Deandre Daniels frame. Enoch may be our only true-C frame on the team, and his defense means we can't rely on him an entire game, at least not yet. That won't be able to compete with the teams with size like Texas, UNC, UK, etc. The types of talent we face in the NCAAT is drastically different from the AACT.

Do you remember how we all felt watching that Colorodo game this year where Scott was absolutely manhandling us? A well rounded team can't get dominated in one major aspect of the game like that. Rebounding has been a recurring theme for 3 years now, and we are losing the one single reliable front court guy we've had for the last 4 years now and replacing them with freshman you've never seen play at the college level once. How you can act like it's not even a topic of discussion is beyond me.
But Diarra, Durham, Carlton, and Enoch are ALL good to very good rebounders. Who are more than big enough for a college front line. Especially the way Ollie like to play. Also this assumes we dont get any more bigs which I believe we will

Reaction Score

We have plenty of size and toughness now to compete against those teams. We need some more shooters and and scorers to go with what we have now. Uconn last two national championship have been won with smaller front courts or at least not extremely talented.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom