Josh Carlton C | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton C

Reaction Score
He got banned and snuck back on here.
I just assumed he would be banned again if that was the case because the mods clearly know it's him, and his posts are exactly the same.

Reaction Score
Carlton just dropped (back) down 40 spots on 247s ranking. Did something happen? Maybe this is another glitch on their site... they seem to be having a lot.

Reaction Score
Carlton just dropped (back) down 40 spots on 247s ranking. Did something happen? Maybe this is another glitch on their site... they seem to be having a lot.
In the composite ranking*

If he fell out of a top 125 or 150 he'd then be considered unranked, which weighs it down.

He'll be a much bigger part of his teams' offenses this year so I'd expect that ranking to increase anyway. Just needs some time.

Reaction Score
Big kid there's some things to work with. Would love to see him be a little more ready when arriving than our recent cast but good size, good hands are a great start. When I watched one of the games one thing I noticed was off the ball not a lot of aggression to get in the play which is not lazy but more a problem with many kids. Not all the time he's just inconsistent and when he gets here that will change. Seems like a nice young man and wants to come here, can't help but to root for him to improve and have a great senior year.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Highlights of a recent game (three in a row of Carlton starting at 0:14, including a nice move at 0:20) and then short interview. Still not a lot of tape/reviews on him, but lots of praise coming from scouts is encouraging.

I mean, if he can't beat Eleanor Roosevelt then how's he going to beat UCF?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Impressive win for DeMatha, that's a pretty good Wheeler team. Jordan Tucker, Darius Perry (UL commit), Jordan Usher (USC commit), and E.J. Montgomery ('18 Auburn commit) commit are serious players.

Reaction Score
Impressive win for DeMatha, that's a pretty good Wheeler team. Jordan Tucker, Darius Perry (UL commit), Jordan Usher (USC commit), and E.J. Montgomery ('18 Auburn commit) commit are serious players.
Doesn't take much for me to get excited about our recruits. But seems like Carlton is really improving so far, which is great

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Doesn't take much for me to get excited about our recruits. But seems like Carlton is really improving so far, which is great

Agreed, the whole Lubin comparison was/is ludicrous. Dude appears to be a serious collegiate big man, and best of all, nothing has been put out there to suggest that he was a late arrival to the sport à la Facey, Brimah, and Enoch.

Reaction Score
Agreed, the whole Lubin comparison was/is ludicrous. Dude appears to be a serious collegiate big man, and best of all, nothing has been put out there to suggest that he was a late arrival to the sport à la Facey, Brimah, and Enoch.
His athleticism is similar to lubins

Reaction Score
Playing time is available Josh keep working buddy!

But yeah, a positive article for a change and love the kids attitude. 9/8 to 20/12 at a school like DeMatha is nothing to sneeze about so despite the fact JSM gives him no shot, I like the chances we could get a really nice piece.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

But yeah, a positive article for a change and love the kids attitude. 9/8 to 20/12 at a school like DeMatha is nothing to sneeze about so despite the fact JSM gives him no shot, I like the chances we could get a really nice piece.
Every time I watch clips of him and read about his development he reminds me more and more of Ochefu, the big who started for Villanova last year. Good size, good hands, good brain, developed a ton from his junior to senior years in HS, and then went on to become a great 4-year player.

I pray that's what this kid is.

Reaction Score
Every time I watch clips of him and read about his development he reminds me more and more of Ochefu, the big who started for Villanova last year. Good size, good hands, good brain, developed a ton from his junior to senior years in HS, and then went on to become a great 4-year player.

I pray that's what this kid is.

I will take that right now. The key here would be the brain for basketball. The frame is there to build a strong body, he likes to box and rebound the ball. If he can soak in everything and continue to get better than we have something!

Reaction Score

But, but....his ranking his so low, how can he be any good? (Sarcasm off)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom