Josh Carlton C | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton C

Reaction Score
I believe he's improved. He was a rebounding machine this summer. Brimah can't grab 20 boards in a game in his dreams
Hopefully. I know he was rebounding like a machine for Armenia. This is a different level. What kind of numbers should I be expecting?

Reaction Score
Hopefully. I know he was rebounding like a machine for Armenia. This is a different level. What kind of numbers should I be expecting?
I expect his final averages for the year to be like 6ppg and 5r. But I think the player we see by the end of the year will be a lot better than the one we see at the beginning

Reaction Score
I'm pretty excited for the recent work Ollie has been doing on the recruiting trail. I think this will be a fun next couple of years. Hopefully more than a couple;)

Reaction Score
welcome to 2016 boneyard...where threads get bumped without care, posters asking when and how a recruit will commit.

Right, but he's already committed. So I would have expected a highlight video at the very least...not just a comment about how the recruiting class is shaping up a month after the last comment on the thread.

Reaction Score
I feel like I don't know anything about Carlton except that he paid for Dematha. Does anyone have a video or anything???

Reaction Score
I feel like I don't know anything about Carlton except that he paid for Dematha. Does anyone have a video or anything???

There are a ton of DeMatha games/highlights on youtube. Just search DeMatha basketball 2016. Carlton is #25.

He doesn't always play hard in the DC summer league games that are posted on youtube, but he does in the regular season games. Needs to improve his footwork on D but he has good hands and I saw some nice outlet passes and passes out of the post. Doesn't play above the rim a lot, but shows flashes of ability to elevate quickly to block shots.

As suggested by some of the recruiting reports, he really does come off as more of a physical presence in games than you'd think by just looking at pictures of his frame. I think he can be very serviceable for us, and lord knows a serviceable big is a valuable commodity.

Reaction Score
Five who could surprise in 2017 class

Bigs are always so hard to find and have a tendency to develop late. One player who could be hitting his potential at the right time is Josh Carlton. The big man from DeMatha Catholic has never had a huge role on either his high school or AAU team, but he has shown some good signs of improvement recently.

Carlton is big, mobile, and is showing more and more skill on the offensive end each month that goes by. He does nothing that totally stands out, but he does everything fairly well.

That combination of solid skill with a big body and room to improve has some thinking that Carlton will thrive and eventually be a very good starter in the Connecticut program, and someone who could attract significant potential maybe not in the NBA, but to have a long career playing basketball for good money.

Reaction Score
Five who could surprise in 2017 class

Bigs are always so hard to find and have a tendency to develop late. One player who could be hitting his potential at the right time is Josh Carlton. The big man from DeMatha Catholic has never had a huge role on either his high school or AAU team, but he has shown some good signs of improvement recently.

Carlton is big, mobile, and is showing more and more skill on the offensive end each month that goes by. He does nothing that totally stands out, but he does everything fairly well.

That combination of solid skill with a big body and room to improve has some thinking that Carlton will thrive and eventually be a very good starter in the Connecticut program, and someone who could attract significant potential maybe not in the NBA, but to have a long career playing basketball for good money.
Just like all the Scout articles written about Rakim Lubin.

Reaction Score
Just like all the Scout articles written about Rakim Lubin.
Nah man. In no article did anyone say that Rock did everything fairly well, or that he was showing rapid improvement. I don't think I ever saw the concept "skill" in a Rock article. We just thought he was a big dude who could clear out some space inside and grab a few boards/put-backs. Nobody ever thought he'd be making money playing ball after college.

And this is from someone who was pumped about him coming on (read: my play on "shock the world")

Reaction Score
Nah man. In no article did anyone say that Rock did everything fairly well, or that he was showing rapid improvement. I don't think I ever saw the concept "skill" in a Rock article. We just thought he was a big dude who could clear out some space inside and grab a few boards/put-backs. Nobody ever thought he'd be making money playing ball after college.

He is poking fun at our "special" friend JSM1970 who continues to compare Carlton to Lubin despite the fact that there is a sizeable gap b/w the two in ranking and interest/offer level

Reaction Score

And this is from someone who was pumped about him coming on (read: my play on "shock the world")
DeMatha is playing Good Counsel on Dec 20th, I'm gonna check him out and will come back with a report.....

Reaction Score
If we lost out on Hammonds because of guys Diarra & Carlton 1 or both better be big time players. I think the Diarra thing was probably also 80% to attract Diallo, which makes huge sense

He is poking fun at our "special" friend JSM1970 who continues to compare Carlton to Lubin despite the fact that there is a sizeable gap b/w the two in ranking and interest/offer level

Reaction Score
If we lost out on Hammonds because of guys Diarra & Carlton 1 or both better be big time players. I think the Diarra thing was probably also 80% to attract Diallo, which makes huge sense

What if they both just end up being adequate contributors and role players on a very good team?

Reaction Score
This is why I call you special, because you just don't seem to be able understand things at the same speed as others. Carlton is a C, he has no impact on Hammonds. Lol @ they " both better be big time players", and if not what are you gonna do, continue to post on a message board like the ignorant jackass that you are? You've been embarrassing yourself for years and the mods continue to let you do it, so I don't see why Diarra or Carlton would have any impact on that.

Last edited:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Will you still think it's worth it if Diallo is a one and done?

Reaction Score
This is why I call you special, because you just don't seem to be able understand things at the same speed as others. Carlton is a C, he has no impact on Hammonds. Lol @ they " both better be big time players", and if not what are you gonna do, continue to post on a message board like the ignorant jackass that you are? You've been embarrassing yourself for years and the mods continue to let you do it, so I don't see why Diarra or Carlton would have any impact on that.
Lol. I always wonder why ole Husky91 decided to change his name here. Were his idiotic posts somehow tracked back to him in real life? Did he want a fresh start, not realizing that his style of stupidity transcends username? Did he have another traumatic head injury and just forget he was Husky91?

One of life's mysteries I guess.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Lol. I always wonder why ole Husky91 decided to change his name here. Were his idiotic posts somehow tracked back to him in real life? Did he want a fresh start, not realizing that his style of stupidity transcends username? Did he have another traumatic head injury and just forget he was Husky91?

One of life's mysteries I guess.

He got banned and snuck back on here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom