Josh Carlton C | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton C

Reaction Score
Agree, Bamba and Diallo can move the needle for a 2017 NC run. This won't whatsoever. Hope it's just adding some depth and potential.

Also, this must mean we are not in great shape for Richards or Bamba. I think if Carlton thought one of them would come here, he wouldn't have committed.

Reaction Score
Still have 3 open scholarships. Plenty of room for Hamidou, another big, and maybe a guy like Polley

Reaction Score
We have our bench not our top center

Refer to my last post. If Bamba or Richards were coming here, I highly doubt Carlton would have committed. I think he'll be our top Center in 2017 class. Obviously he'll be behind Steve for 2 years but after that he could step into the starting role.

Reaction Score
Refer to my last post. If Bamba or Richards were coming here, I highly doubt Carlton would have committed. I think he'll be our top Center in 2017 class. Obviously he'll be behind Steve for 2 years but after that he could step into the starting role.
Looking at his offer sheet on 247, UConn is really the only high major offer he has. It's possible he just really wanted to be a husky and didn't factor Bamba or Richards at all - or that could just be wishful thinking on my part. I don't want this to devolve into another Brimah thread, but continually only landing projects at the center position is really not a great strategy.

Reaction Score
Looking at his offer sheet on 247, UConn is really the only high major offer he has. It's possible he just really wanted to be a husky and didn't factor Bamba or Richards at all - or that could just be wishful thinking on my part. I don't want this to devolve into another Brimah thread, but continually only landing projects at the center position is really not a great strategy.

Agree with this statement but our last 2 NCs have been won with project centers.

Reaction Score
Agree with this statement but our last 2 NCs have been won with project centers.
True, though in 2011 Olander may have started but we had 5 star/McD all american Mumu as well. We also had the two best guards in college basketball in the last decade with the kind of sidekicks that make Batman jealous, which is a tough tactic to repeat

Reaction Score
We have our big man. Time to put 110% in Hamidou. Get Hamidou and possibly Polley, call it a day.

We're going to have at least 5 open spots. We need more than 3-4 players.

Reaction Score
True, though in 2011 Olander may have started but we had 5 star/McD all american Mumu as well. We also had the two best guards in college basketball in the last decade with the kind of sidekicks that make Batman jealous, which is a tough tactic to repeat

No, Oriakhi was definitely starting on that team, and he was absolutely not a "project center."

Reaction Score

He's going to play sparingly as a freshman regardless, so someone like Bamba would have almost no impact on him.

Reaction Score
He's going to play sparingly as a freshman regardless, so someone like Bamba would have almost no impact on him.

It would have an impact for sure. Without Bamba, he'd back up Steve. With Bamba, he'd be 3rd string C and probably never see the court.

Reaction Score
It would have an impact for sure. Without Bamba, he'd back up Steve. With Bamba, he'd be 3rd string C and probably never see the court.

Diarra is Enoch's backup if there's no Bamba, if not the starter.

Reaction Score
No, you definitely can't. He was a top-20 recruit. By no rational definition is that a "project." He was a top-10 player in the Big East that year.

Well Zach Brown was also a top 20 recruit and many on here considered him a project. I just never thought Oriakhi found himself here. Always underwhelmed. Physically, he was one of the most built guys we've had and he just never grew into his body.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It almost always does, but even if there are exceptions, Oriakhi obviously wasn't one of them.
He was a very very good rebounder and rim protector... Ran the floor and made FT's... agreed he want's a project and one of the better bigs we've had since '09... people are bitter the way he left the program... but back to josh, any videos of him playing?

Reaction Score
He's going to do both. I know you don't actually watch any basketball, but every team has guys who back up more than one position.

I watch more college basketball than imaginable.

Reaction Score
Well Zach Brown was also a top 20 recruit and many on here considered him a project. I just never thought Oriakhi found himself here. Always underwhelmed. Physically, he was one of the most built guys we've had and he just never grew into his body.
Zach Brown is not a top 20 player. He was early in HS because of his size, but scouts realized his game is super raw. Look at his 247 page, 85 composite and 111 by the site.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom