Jose Iglesias | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Jose Iglesias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Red Sox are the Yankees of the 21st century. The teams have swapped places.

Reaction Score
The Red Sox are the Yankees of the 21st century. The teams have swapped places.

Never.......for one too long of a way to go and 2) not with this "Amish Mafia" non-baseball looking scruffs..........no way but the fans can dream!

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Omar Vizquel....great glove, good enough bat who can develop into a good bat.

Short term the deal may be fine for Sox. Like Peavy this year and next. And Bogartes looks to be real deal.

But long term we may come to really regret it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not as if he was a free agent and left, he was traded. While I get "not rooting for him" when you play the Tigers most fans of their teams still follow their ex-players and hope they do well.......just sayin'......so congrats on being like ddmict......lol

It depends. I'm rooting for Tito. The well-deserved runner-up in the MOY voting behind Farrell.

Reaction Score
It depends. I'm rooting for Tito. The well-deserved runner-up in the MOY voting behind Farrell.

I would go with Farrell who has pushed all the right buttons but Melvin may steal it from him.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I would go with Farrell who has pushed all the right buttons but Melvin may steal it from him.
Melvin would not be stealing MOY. He's done enough in his own right to win it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know that I am beating a dead horse here, but Jose Iglesias is hitting .303 with Detroit and .321 overall. I think we need to admit that he can hit major league pitching. The Tigers announced yesterday that he is their shortstop for the playoffs even though Peralta will be eligible.

Today, do you think the Sox are better going into the post season as-is? Or would they be better with a Drew/Jose right-side of the infield with Doubront as the 4th starter?

Reaction Score
The Sox won 69 games last year and are going to win 95-100 games this year. Farrell is getting the manager of the year award. Melvin's done a hell of a job but the year to year thing is going to be huge.

I don't even care about these awards really, but I would also put Melvin ahead of Girardi. I know they've had a lot of injuries, but when your payroll is 230 million, no one really cares.

Reaction Score
We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that Farrell manages in the AL East and Melvin in the AL West. Even Francona is in an easier division. Melvin has done a terrific job but Texas is the only competition in that division.

Reaction Score
We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that Farrell manages in the AL East and Melvin in the AL West. Even Francona is in an easier division. Melvin has done a terrific job but Texas is the only competition in that division.

That's a good point. But keep in mind that A's have the third smallest payroll in baseball about 100 million less then Boston. Winning with less resources is worth something.

From what I saw of the Sox vs. Tampa, Farrell did a masterfull job of handing the pen. I think Farrell deserves it but its real,real close. Francona is not on my radar I think a MOY should be a division winner in most cases.

Reaction Score
The Sox won 69 games last year and are going to win 95-100 games this year. Farrell is getting the manager of the year award. Melvin's done a hell of a job but the year to year thing is going to be huge.

I don't even care about these awards really, but I would also put Melvin ahead of Girardi. I know they've had a lot of injuries, but when your payroll is 230 million, no one really cares.

Farrell wins easy but to put Melvin ahead of Girardi you have to be a typical Sox fan and it is that simple.......they have a 200M team in spring training and come out with one which costs less than yours I promise!! He did wonders with those ever changing lineups........really ignorant post but again.....typical!!

Reaction Score

That's funny stuff.......:D.........Because they play so many tough teams.

Funny how you would want to throw out names like Melvin and tito ahead of Girardi......

Guess that means you guys were lucky to play in the crappy division huh? Not bright guys as expected!!;)

Reaction Score
That's funny stuff.......:D.........Because they play so many tough teams.

Funny how you would want to throw out names like Melvin and tito ahead of Girardi......

Guess that means you guys were lucky to play in the crappy division huh? Not bright guys as expected!!;)

Sorry Mau, Girardi has done a great job but 4th place teams don't get a medal they get a certificate of participation.

Reaction Score
Not getting the award but Girardi has done a great job. The Yankees have out a AAAA lineup out there for half the season in the AL East and are still in it. Super job by him.

Reaction Score
Sorry Mau, Girardi has done a great job but 4th place teams don't get a medal they get a certificate of participation.

Sink it's not 4th place yet pal......you're guys and Madden are trying like hell to keep everyone in it........so we know who isn't in the running for sure!!

Reaction Score
Sink it's not 4th place yet pal......you're guys and Madden are trying like hell to keep everyone in it........so we know who isn't in the running for sure!!

We have made it interesting but a trip to Minny may have gotten us back on track. TB plays four vs. free falling Texas starting Monday. The Yanks can pick up ground. What a big start for Nova tonight at Fenway.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Melvin's team is basically playing at the same level as last year. A high level, yes, but he got the award last year. Nobody picked the Indians to be in the hunt, Tito is the clear 2nd place pick.

Reaction Score
Today, do you think the Sox are better going into the post season as-is? Or would they be better with a Drew/Jose right-side of the infield with Doubront as the 4th starter?
Clearly the Sox are better off with Peavy in the rotation for this year. What the future holds, who knows? And if Buchholz continues to pitch like a top of the rotation starter, the Sox could be favorites to win it all. Also with their farm system, the future looks bright. Plus we haven't even discussed Mookie Betts.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Funny how you would want to throw out names like Melvin and tito ahead of Girardi...

Girardi is 12 and half games behind a team that won less than 70 games last year and you think he should be the Manager of the Year. What would you think if he was only 6 games behind? Girardi for Pope?

Reaction Score
For the record, Bogaerts looked like much the better player in the biggest game of the AL year.

Couldn't believe the DP he didn't turn right before the Victorino slam!!

Reaction Score
Couldn't believe the DP he didn't turn right before the Victorino slam!!
That would have been a tough DP to turn with Ellsbury running. Still he should have gotten one out resulting in a two run homer and a 4-2 win. He's still a great fielder and it would have been nice to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom