Jose Iglesias | The Boneyard

Jose Iglesias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay, okay, I know he has only 74 AB this year but he is hitting .446. He could go 0 for 36 and still would be hitting .300. I've been hearing he only has 30 ABs, then 40 ABs, then 50 ABs. At some point we have to recognize that he looks like a hitter. Not only does he look confident at the plate but he is striking out less and walking more. He is a joy to watch on defense.

IMHO he should be playing short and they should move Drew to third. When Middlebrooks is ready, he can battle Drew for the hot corner.

Reaction Score
The Sox ought to stop screwing around and make him the SS. He is not a .400 hitter obviously but he is at least as good as Drew and a better defender.I don't know if Drew can handle third but I would sit him for the time being and get Middlebrooks back in there after a short stint in Pawtucket.Drew is a 1 year solution and was never a long term SS candidate. I don't think Drew is a bad player, he is just a very average player. The Sox won't be gambling all that much by sitting Drew's bat.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Sox ought to stop screwing around and make him the SS. He is not a .400 hitter obviously but he is at least as good as Drew and a better defender.I don't know if Drew can handle third but I would sit him for the time being and get Middlebrooks back in there after a short stint in Pawtucket.Drew is a 1 year solution and was never a long term SS candidate. I don't think Drew is a bad player, he is just a very average player. The Sox won't be gambling all that much by sitting Drew's bat.
Historically he was on the better side of average, but he is certainly not worth $9mil, especially this year. Since it is not my money, I have no problem with the team having a $9mil utility player. The best players play. Any other market, other than the big boys would have to play him in order to see if they can recoup any discernable return on their investment.

I think we will see the true value of Iglesias at around 160 at bats. That is roughly 40 games and 2 months of at bats for someone getting one off-day per week. He'll slump and have to make an adjustment. Let's see if he does.

Reaction Score
He batted .202 in AAA do we forget that.....yeah yeah he was depressed being sent down.......I think he's much closer to .2o2 than .450 but his defense is what will hide any flaws on O.......he's a keeper. If he hits .250 or above a real keeper!!

Reaction Score
He batted .202 in AAA do we forget that.....yeah yeah he was depressed being sent down.......I think he's much closer to .2o2 than .450 but his defense is what will hide any flaws on O.......he's a keeper. If he hits .250 or above a real keeper!!
I watched him over the weekend and he is really working the count on the pitchers. He is pulling fastballs to left and he looks confident. I know he is not going to continue to hit .400+ but I keep thinking Ozzie Smith.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
....I think he's much closer to .2o2 than .450

You might have mentioned that before. That's OK, .325 works for me. The Sox are a stronger with him around.

Reaction Score
You might have mentioned that before. That's OK, .325 works for me. The Sox are a stronger with him around.

And I'll mention it again..........you want to throw a wager on .325??? No matter I agree they are better with him in the lineup simply on the defensive end............and for now both sides.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And I'll mention it again..........you want to throw a wager on .325??? No matter I agree they are better with him in the lineup simply on the defensive end............and for now both sides.

Geez, mau. I was working with you, .325 is closer to .202 than .450. They could have used him last night. Drew struck out 4 times and couldn't get to a ball that Jose might have to keep it out of extras.

Reaction Score
Not a great day for either Middlebrooks or Drew. Between them they went 2 for 13 with 6 K's and no walks and they hit into a double play. If Inglesias had played, the game might not have gone into extra innings.
As much as I want to see Middlebrooks be successful, he does not look good at the plate and has dropped below the Mendoza line.

Reaction Score
He is definitely closer to .250 but I think he can be better than that...maybe .270 if they stop trying to make the kid go the other way and let him hit.From what I've seen he is more of a natural pull hitter. He is at least as good a hitter as Drew right now. His D , contract and youth should put him in the lineup everyday.Let Drew try to be the utility guy. At the very least they have to play him at SS against LH pitchers. Drew looks lost against left handers.
Middlebrooks will be ok once he stops letting his left shoulder fly- he can't get to anything on the outside part of the plate and down.He can be fixed.

Reaction Score
He is definitely closer to .250 but I think he can be better than that...maybe .270 if they stop trying to make the kid go the other way and let him hit.From what I've seen he is more of a natural pull hitter. He is at least as good a hitter as Drew right now. His D , contract and youth should put him in the lineup everyday.Let Drew try to be the utility guy. At the very least they have to play him at SS against LH pitchers. Drew looks lost against left handers.
Middlebrooks will be ok once he stops letting his left shoulder fly- he can't get to anything on the outside part of the plate and down.He can be fixed.

Nice job Sox guy...he's a crappy hitter like it or not. Overmatched until he hit the majors....someone must have given him something. The .202 in AAA and his legacy is all you need to know unless he found the stuff Salty and Napoli are doing all of a sudden he's a crappy hitter?? ...........LOL

Reaction Score
Nice job Sox guy...he's a crappy hitter like it or not. Overmatched until he hit the majors....someone must have given him something. The .202 in AAA and his legacy is all you need to know unless he found the stuff Salty and Napoli are doing all of a sudden he's a crappy hitter?? ...........LOL
Just so you know. 2 for 4 last night, 14 game hitting streak. For his career over parts of 3 seasons he is hitting .296. He just can't hit minor league pitching.

Reaction Score
Just so you know. 2 for 4 last night, 14 game hitting streak. For his career over parts of 3 seasons he is hitting .296. He just can't hit minor league pitching.
Carlton Fisk hit under .200 in the minors.. I don't care what he hit in the minors , Inglesias is catching up with ML fastballs and has learned to be more selective.
Mau is FOS on this one. He still waiting for Jeter to get his sluggish ass in the lineup.

Reaction Score
Carlton Fisk hit under .200 in the minors.. I don't care what he hit in the minors , Inglesias is catching up with ML fastballs and has learned to be more selective.
Mau is FOS on this one. He still waiting for Jeter to get his sluggish ass in the lineup.

Let's see who's FOS....this guy is either rubbing crap on his knees or lucky as hell because I watched him and he's an awful hitter....could care less what he's doing right now!

Reaction Score
Let's see who's FOS....this guy is either rubbing crap on his knees or lucky as hell because I watched him and he's an awful hitter....could care less what he's doing right now!
He hit a ton in spring training and probably should have been with the big club all year. He is not lucky, he has learned to be selective. Inglesias is not the reincarnation of Carew but he looks like a ML hitter to me. Just exactly who has he looked over matched against?He is hitting over .400 against ML pitchers and it is no longer a small sample. I think your eyes are failing you in your advanced age.

Reaction Score
He hit a ton in spring training and probably should have been with the big club all year. He is not lucky, he has learned to be selective. Inglesias is not the reincarnation of Carew but he looks like a ML hitter to me. Just exactly who has he looked over matched against?He is hitting over .400 against ML pitchers and it is no longer a small sample. I think your eyes are failing you in your advanced age.

Let's talk in August Danzz.......about my eyes maybe but I'll see how crow tastes for you!!

Reaction Score
Let's talk in August Danzz.......about my eyes maybe but I'll see how crow tastes for you!!
Danzz's right, Mau. By August you won't be able to discern between my Avatar and yours.

Reaction Score
Danzz's right, Mau. By August you won't be able to discern between my Avatar and yours.

I can't already since they both have pink in them......somewhere!!

Reaction Score
Stephen Drew was 0 for 4 last night, 4 for his last 30 and is down to .218. Middlebrooks had two hits to raise his average to .201 but he committed and error which cost a run and arguably the game. I'm not understanding at all why Iglesias is not playing.

Reaction Score
I could care less what mau says I agree with you guys.....the other guys suck right now on top of it and he's hotter than hell, what is he doing on the bench? Nuts!!

Reaction Score
The Sox had three hits last night and Iglesias had two of them. Up to .451 now. He even volunteered to pitch in their last extra inning game. I think its time for Farrell to give him the shortstop job and alternate Drew and Middlebrooks at third.

Xander Bogaerts was promoted to Pawtucket where he is 3 for 7 with a home run. I think he is destined for third base or left field and he may be on the big club before year end.

Reaction Score
The Sox had three hits last night and Iglesias had two of them. Up to .451 now. He even volunteered to pitch in their last extra inning game. I think its time for Farrell to give him the shortstop job and alternate Drew and Middlebrooks at third.

Xander Bogaerts was promoted to Pawtucket where he is 3 for 7 with a home run. I think he is destined for third base or left field and he may be on the big club before year end.

Bogaerts only sees time in September if he even gets up here. They're not going to rush him up.

Reaction Score
Bogaerts only sees time in September if he even gets up here. They're not going to rush him up.
I'm not expecting him before September but it will be interesting to see where they play him in Pawtucket. Right now he is at shortstop but I'm thinking that they will move him to third or left field if Iglesias keeps playing well.

Reaction Score
Three more hits last night including a triple. He is hitting .431 and has over 100 AB's. For his career he is now hitting .307. From what I hear, he is now a regular until he proves he can't handle it.

Reaction Score

I could imagine that Jose could definitely bring the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom