Jose Iglesias | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jose Iglesias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The AL east is the toughest division in pro sports and we have won it twice since 2008. I'm pretty sure an AL pennant is a pretty big accomplishment. Do you know anything about 1967?

Good for you, the goal is to win the WS.

Lyndon Johnson was President, Kurt Cobain was born, Yaz won the triple crown and "Strangers in the Night" was record of the year.

Reaction Score

Lyndon Johnson was President, Kurt Cobain was born, Yaz won the triple crown and "Strangers in the Night" was record of the year.

Thanks Jerry.

Reaction Score
Gomes and Drew definitely have had some big hits in key situations, but neither has provided consistent offense that has lead the Sox to put up the offensive numbers they have.

Napolli has declined at the plate as the season has progressed. He has almost twice as many Ks as hits since the all star break.

Could the hitting fall off? Sure, so could the Rays pitching or the Tigers hitting. Losing Peralta will hurt Detriot and can Hunter keep this up?

Thing is regression usually happens by now and it has not yet.
I doubt that Detroit will be hurt much by the loss of Peralta. Iglesias will be much better defensively and their lineup does not need much offensive help.

Reaction Score
I doubt that Detroit will be hurt much by the loss of Peralta. Iglesias will be much better defensively and their lineup does not need much offensive help.

You're right 60's I bet the Tiger pitchers are thrilled.

Reaction Score

And I listened to the World Series on Armed Forces Radio from my room in Saigon. Trouble was the games started at 1 AM local time.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately Lonborg was pitching on 2 days rest when they met head to head. My mother never forgave Jill St. John when Gentleman Jim wrecked his knee.
Lonborg was every bit as good as Gibson that year but you are correct, he pitched the final on only two days of rest. Where was the rain when we needed it? Of course the Cardinals had Lou Brock too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lonborg was every bit as good as Gibson that year but you are correct, he pitched the final on only two days of rest. Where was the rain when we needed it? Of course the Cardinals had Lou Brock too.

Not just Lou. I'll never forget a little cartoon in the 1968 Red Sox yearbook. Had a kid with a paintbrush in front of a brickwall that said "Julian Javier is a Herk!"

Reaction Score
Not just Lou. I'll never forget a little cartoon in the 1968 Red Sox yearbook. Had a kid with a paintbrush in front of a brickwall that said "Julian Javier is a Herk!"
He was a herk and so was Roger Maris. Yaz did every thing he could. He hit .400 with 3 home runs.

Reaction Score
I will miss the hell out of his plays, he has the quickest Release i've seen from an infielder...but his OBP is like.280 with Detroit and in July he was awful at the plate.
Relax we have Bogaerts coming up next year with Middlebrooks or Cecchini at 3B. And Peavy will pitch some good games for us thru 2014.
he could end up being more ordonez than Vizquel

Reaction Score
Give me Price, Moore, Cobb, Hellickson and Archer all day. I don't see another 23-4 run but I do think they are the best team in the AL.
2-8 in last 10. It starting to look more and more like the rays need to worry about Baltimore catching them and holding onto a wild card spot

Reaction Score
I will miss the hell out of his plays, he has the quickest Release i've seen from an infielder...but his OBP is like.280 with Detroit and in July he was awful at the plate.
Relax we have Bogaerts coming up next year with Middlebrooks or Cecchini at 3B. And Peavy will pitch some good games for us thru 2014.
Middlebrooks is back up now and in small sample size playing well. It is possible for trades to be win-win.

Good story in the Globe paper the other day about Peavy. He was from Alabama and grew up wanting to go to the school but after a stellar high school career they offered him books but no scholarship. So he had an moment and got a scholly from Auburn. Ended up being a moot point when he was drafted by San Diego and went direct to minors but certainly speaks of a competitive streak that got him to the show.

Article by old friend Peter Abraham
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ire-red-sox/zZ3VUmf81ZzJ5Y1nIkZr2H/story.html

Reaction Score
Jose hasn't had a full year in the bigs yet and he is still only 23. I think he will get better offensively. And, again, Detroit doesn't need much from him with their lineup.

Reaction Score
Jose is starting to heat up again. He is at .288 with Detroit and if you look at all shortstops this year with at least 250 AB's guess who is the leading hitter?

Reaction Score
Jerry I don't need to look at stats to know who's good I've seen enough baseball.......Napoli carried them early and Gomes has had HUGE hits both of them and now it's Drew.........I could care less about my credibility with you as it's obvious you're one of those Sawks fans, maybe just jumped heavy in 2004......let's see how they do and then we'll talk......I will be happy to eat crow if necessary but pretty confident I won't...hang on tight Jer
Sox offense still looking good. I wonder when the regression is going to come?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Jose is starting to heat up again. He is at .288 with Detroit and if you look at all shortstops this year with at least 250 AB's guess who is the leading hitter?

Jose's replacement is hitting .300, the starter they got for him is pitching well and the Sox started pulling away just after the trade.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It will be considered a great trade if the Sox win the World Series. If not, it potentially could be a Jeff Bagwell/Larry Anderson deal.

But remember, Larry Anderson helped an overachieving Sox team win the AL East in 1990, before getting trounced by a juiced up A's team...again.

Reaction Score
Jose's replacement is hitting .300, the starter they got for him is pitching well and the Sox started pulling away just after the trade.
It was a good trade for both teams. The Sox got a front of the rotation starter who will be key to a pennant run and the Tigers got a first class SS. Peavey is not Larry Andeson. Hated to see Iglesias go but they needed starting pitching and weren't going get one without giving something up.
BTW, haven't heard much from Sinkhole lately. Miss his comments about the best team in the AL:).

Reaction Score
It will be considered a great trade if the Sox win the World Series. If not, it potentially could be a Jeff Bagwell/Larry Anderson deal.

But remember, Larry Anderson helped an overachieving Sox team win the AL East in 1990, before getting trounced by a juiced up A's team...again.

"juiced up A's team"?? And what would be different if the Sox beat someone??;)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There is no proof of anyone on the Red Sox from 1984 (Beginning of my fandom) - 1992 were on anything but greenies.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom