Jose Iglesias | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jose Iglesias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There's something about Detroit that makes me think Boston and the Rays are better overall........not sure why but in a 7 game series you both beat the Tigers.........

As a fan would love for the Indians or Royals to make some noise!!!
The one thing I'll say for Detroit is they did trade for bullpen health and infield defense help, so I wouldn't go to sleep on them yet. If Verlander is hurt, then that changes everything.
I'd love to see the Indians make it. Great story with Francona.

Reaction Score
The one thing I'll say for Detroit is they did trade for bullpen health and infield defense help, so I wouldn't go to sleep on them yet. If Verlander is hurt, then that changes everything.
I'd love to see the Indians make it. Great story with Francona.

For me not because of Tito...........lol..........just a great story.........

With the Yanks a hope and a prayer for anything outside of the regular season I did not even follow the trades so didn't know the Tigers helped themselves besides defensively with Inglesias.....

Reaction Score
I wonder how we'll feel about Peavy after today. A solid win and we will be gloating. If he gets bombed, we will be in despair. Without Buchholz, the fourth starter for Tampa is better than the Sox' #1. I still think I would have liked to see the Sox give the ball to Workman every fifth day than take a chance on Peavy.

Reaction Score
I wonder how we'll feel about Peavy after today. A solid win and we will be gloating. If he gets bombed, we will be in despair. Without Buchholtz, the fourth starter for Tampa is better than the Sox' #1. I still think I would have liked to see the Sox give the ball to Workman every fifth day than take a chance on Peavy.

I know this real petty but it bugs me a bit so I apologize for pointing this out. I know he's hurt a lot but he's been with the Red Sox since 2007. His last name is Buchholz.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I imagine Iglesias will turn out to be good. Unlike other teams, whenever the Sox give up prospects they seems to be good later. Bagwell, Ramirez, Rizzo, Masterson et al. Even Anibel Sanchez threw a no-hitter.

Reaction Score
I didn't want to start a new thread but I have my new favorite prospect. 21 year old Henry Owens made his AA debut. He went 6 innings gave up 4 hits 2 BBs and struck out 11.

Reaction Score
I didn't want to start a new thread but I have my new favorite prospect. 21 year old Henry Owens made his AA debut. He went 6 innings gave up 4 hits 2 BBs and struck out 11.

Oh man he'll be the next stud for sure then.....!

Reaction Score
Their offense has been very "timely" and better than anyone could have imagined, a lot seems like a spurt of luck with such average at best players like Napoli, Gomes and Nava playing a big part. That may wear off and I believe it has to because those guys just aren't that good.......but hey ride the wave can't blame you there! If you believe you know "what they are" then more power to you. sinkhole makes it 1 fan for sure by the way!
Being first or second in every important offensive category over 112 games is not timely. It means they are good. Sometimes it really is that simple.

Reaction Score
Being first or second in every important offensive category over 112 games is not timely. It means they are good. Sometimes it really is that simple.[/quote

Okay Jer, gotcha!!! ;).................it's not really that simple when guys unexpectedly begin to help out and some longer than anticipated.......Napoli, Gomes and even Drew just ain't that good.......but for whatever reason they are and I'll hand you that.......my expectations are still that some of the magic wears off come October.......but for your sake I hope it's just "that simple"

Reaction Score
Your post loses all credibility with citing Napoli, he is below his career average in Batting average, on base and slugging. He is also having a career high year in Ks.

The same can be said for Johnny Gomes. Did you just make up names? Or did you actually put some thought into that post?

You are reaching badly to disprove the sox offense. Give it up.

Reaction Score
Your post loses all credibility with citing Napoli, he is below his career average in Batting average, on base and slugging. He is also having a career high year in Ks.

The same can be said for Johnny Gomes. Did you just make up names? Or did you actually put some thought into that post?

Good pitching beats good hitting.

Reaction Score

Jerry I don't need to look at stats to know who's good I've seen enough baseball.......Napoli carried them early and Gomes has had HUGE hits both of them and now it's Drew.........I could care less about my credibility with you as it's obvious you're one of those Sawks fans, maybe just jumped heavy in 2004......let's see how they do and then we'll talk......I will be happy to eat crow if necessary but pretty confident I won't...hang on tight Jer

Reaction Score
Sinkhole is correct. That's why the Rays have won multiple championships.
Philly led by Hamels outpitched us. Texas led by lee got us a couple times. This year may be different.

Reaction Score
Jerry I don't need to look at stats to know who's good I've seen enough baseball.......Napoli carried them early and Gomes has had HUGE hits both of them and now it's Drew.........I could care less about my credibility with you as it's obvious you're one of those Sawks fans, maybe just jumped heavy in 2004......let's see how they do and then we'll talk......I will be happy to eat crow if necessary but pretty confident I won't...hang on tight Jer

You are talking in circles and your posts make no sense. Par for the course though for you.

I love how any go to line for Yankee fans is when they have been proven to be wrong and their team is in the crapper is "yea well you didn't like the red sox until 2004". Such a joke.

Reaction Score
Philly led by Hamels outpitched us. Texas led by lee got us a couple times. This year may be different.

Oops my mistake. I thought they had won more than just 2 series.

Reaction Score
I can't argue about Napoli, Gomes and Drew. None of them are heading for the Hall but they all could be heading for the post-season and a chance at a World Championship. Napoli has had some big hits early in the season and has been a surprisingly good first baseman. He has also been able to stay healthy. Gomes has terrible stats but seems to have a knack for making the big play defensively or coming up with big hits. Drew was a decent shortstop three years ago and seems to be coming back to where he was. It's not always the team full of all-stars that wins it all. To wit, the Sox traded away three all-stars last year for essentially two minor league pitching prospects and they are a much better team. You are correct, everything could change by October but I'm pretty happy with this team and the job that John Farrell has done.

Reaction Score
I can't argue about Napoli, Gomes and Drew. None of them are heading for the Hall but they all could be heading for the post-season and a chance at a World Championship. Napoli has had some big hits early in the season and has been a surprisingly good first baseman. He has also been able to stay healthy. Gomes has terrible stats but seems to have a knack for making the big play defensively or coming up with big hits. Drew was a decent shortstop three years ago and seems to be coming back to where he was. It's not always the team full of all-stars that wins it all. To wit, the Sox traded away three all-stars last year for essentially two minor league pitching prospects and they are a much better team. You are correct, everything could change by October but I'm pretty happy with this team and the job that John Farrell has done.

Gomes and Drew definitely have had some big hits in key situations, but neither has provided consistent offense that has lead the Sox to put up the offensive numbers they have.

Napolli has declined at the plate as the season has progressed. He has almost twice as many Ks as hits since the all star break.

Could the hitting fall off? Sure, so could the Rays pitching or the Tigers hitting. Losing Peralta will hurt Detriot and can Hunter keep this up?

Thing is regression usually happens by now and it has not yet.

Reaction Score
Oops my mistake. I thought they had won more than just 2 series.

Oh you really got me there. Since 2008 when Longo and Price came up only the Yanks and Cards have won more games then the Rays. I think Maddon knows a bit about winning games.

Reaction Score
Oh you really got me there. Since 2008 when Longo and Price came up only the Yanks and Cards have won more games then the Rays. I think Maddon knows a bit about winning games.

Is the goal to win games in the regular season or in the playoffs?

That stat you provided makes it even worse that post 2008 TB has won 0 playoff series.

Reaction Score
Is the goal to win games in the regular season or in the playoffs?

That stat you provided makes it even worse that post 2008 TB has won 0 playoff series.

The last time the Sox won the AL east was 2007.....that's a long time.

Reaction Score
The last time the Sox won the AL east was 2007.....that's a long time.

They also won the WS that year.......... 2007 is much more recent than the Rays last WS title.

I am also not purporting that the Red Sox have all the components and pedigree to win a WS this year like you are with the Rays.

Also, what have all those AL East titles won you? Other than playoff disappointment and a quarter full stadium?

Reaction Score
They also won the WS that year.......... 2007 is much more recent than the Rays last WS title.

I am also not purporting that the Red Sox have all the components and pedigree to win a WS this year like you are with the Rays.

Also, what have all those AL East titles won you? Other than playoff disappointment and a quarter full stadium?

The AL east is the toughest division in pro sports and we have won it twice since 2008. I'm pretty sure an AL pennant is a pretty big accomplishment. Do you know anything about 1967?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom