2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Riley committing by August? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Riley committing by August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are you getting confused with Tyrese Hunter? I don't remember ever seeing a cut list for Riley and those are the exact 10 finalists for Hunter
yup. posting in the wrong thread.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
20 high major offers and still unranked on 247? :confused:

Reaction Score
He's been one of the Johnnies top priorities. Their fans gonna lose their minds if he goes elsewhere, especially if he comes to Storrs.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
He's been one of the Johnnies top priorities. Their fans gonna lose their minds if he goes elsewhere, especially if he comes to Storrs.
The word is that he’s a St Johns lean.
I would be interested to hear what Zags has to say about his recruitment. Long Island kid choosing between St Johns and UConn seems right up his alley.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

His dad has been liking a lot of St John's tweets, for whatever that's worth
Do they still have the deal they can let the kid stay home and pay the parents room and board equivalent?

Reaction Score
Do they still have the deal they can let the kid stay home and pay the parents room and board equivalent?
I vaguely recall a discussion from the Sid Wilson recruitment where that's not the case anymore, but I'm not 100% sure on that

Reaction Score
I vaguely recall a discussion from the Sid Wilson recruitment where that's not the case anymore, but I'm not 100% sure on that

"The NCAA allows a cost of living stipend, and, if a school doesn't have dormitories, that stipend is linked to the local cost of living to help cover housing. St. John's, long a "commuter school," is in New York City, of course, and that stipend was a sizable one. That stipend is guaranteed for players even if their housing costs are less than the stipend which means money in the pocket of players.

The school started building dorms in 1999, though, and that meant that the cost of living was now linked to those dorm rooms. That meant very little extra cash and it meant SJU lost a tasty little recruiting incentive. They made the NCAA Tournament in 1999-2000 and 2001-02, but have piled up losing seasons since then."

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
His dad has been liking a lot of St John's tweets, for whatever that's worth

good sleuth work. Lots of likes for the St Johns tweets but their fans also seem to be tweeting about Jordan the most. I do think it is between the Johnnies and The Good Guys.Would set the odds at pick ‘em between these 2 BE progrums..:

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
The last tweet he liked was a teamFootprinz tweet. That’s Taliek’s basketball development company.

thats good. I would suggest a Boneyarder runs interference here and tweets something endearing with a UConn flair to the young guy

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I suggest a UConn contingent set up shop in front of the kids home for the next week. We hand out masks, sanitizer, gloves, water, all the while chanting UConn every ten minutes. Community minded while showing UConn love, how could Jordan and his family turn us down

DB24MTN

UConn 2019 NCAA Champions
Reaction Score
FDC6C203-BC41-44C0-BC87-3725B43677D2.png
Went over to the SJ forum (i think this is the one) for some clarity. Saw this post that has since been deleted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom