2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Riley committing by August? | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Riley committing by August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
not sure of the validity of the source, but here's the claim.

Has there been any word of us recruiting him after the initial offer? With his offer list he's gotta be due for a huge ranking bump

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Has there been any word of us recruiting him after the initial offer? With his offer list he's gotta be due for a huge ranking bump
He’s a top 50 type prospect. After the first live period he would have had UNC, Kentucky looks. I firmly believe that.

Reaction Score
Relevant:

These videos are from this past high school season.

43in vertical is ridiculous--very close to Andre's, but he's 190lbs. Defense, athleticism, and power are obviously top-notch. It's really a question of perimeter skill for me. When I watched those full games, and through the highlights, nothing about his ballhandling, shooting, or passing sticks out to me as being advanced. Passing was probably the best of the 3. He needs a counter on his dribble--can't just be a straight line guy at 6'4 no matter how fast you are.

He basically plays the 4 for his high school, and get to dribble in transition after rebounds. Has a decent 1 dribble mid-range, which might be an indication he could extend to be more comfortable from 3 eventually.

Judging by his offer list, college coaches must be thinking that his improvement curve and athleticism make up for the early question marks. Probably a 3 year guy that will be really fun to watch and bought in. Sign me up.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If he isn't interested in UConn and DH and staff isn't interested
Then neither am I
Lets move on if it is that situation

Reaction Score
If he isn't interested in UConn and DH and staff isn't interested
Then neither am I
Lets move on if it is that situation

We offered, so we're obviously interested. His recruitment only really blew up in the last few months, and there hasn't been much smoke except for a notice when he gets an offer. He could be our #1 option in 2021 and we'd have no idea. Though I expect that is probably Hawkins right now.

Reaction Score
That's a very good final 5 schools, and one we should be able to close on. I've said it before but there's just something about this kid that makes me really want him

Reaction Score
KU wasnt in his top 10. iirc they didnt even offer until after he cut his list, maybe later that same day

KU is KU.
If a kid getting recruited by gtown and st. Johns get a KU offer. Then you make the list.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Have we ever landed a kid from Brentwood? Little bit of a hot bed for basketball talent.

Reaction Score
KU wasnt in his top 10. iirc they didnt offer until after he cut his list, maybe later that same day

edit- UConn is actually the only school in his top 5 that was also in his top 10: Marquette, Florida, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Iowa State, Arizona State, Miami, UConn, Texas Tech, and Georgia
That’s weird. I understand adding KU after the final 10 but how did St. John’s, GTown, and FSU just show up lol

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I think you guys might be mixing him up with Tyrese Hunter, the guard from Wisconsin. Hunter had the top 10 list with Marquette, UofFL, Miami et al

Reaction Score
KU wasnt in his top 10. iirc they didnt offer until after he cut his list, maybe later that same day

edit- UConn is actually the only school in his top 5 that was also in his top 10: Marquette, Florida, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Iowa State, Arizona State, Miami, UConn, Texas Tech, and Georgia

would love to lock down hunter and samson before the season. rest easy until next summer and focus on a reclass/transfer and a grad transfer. we should definitely want a grad transfer next year in order to keep another scholly open for the deep 2022 class
Are you getting confused with Tyrese Hunter? I don't remember ever seeing a cut list for Riley and those are the exact 10 finalists for Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom