2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Riley committing by August? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Riley committing by August?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I suggest a UConn contingent set up shop in front of the kids home for the next week. We hand out masks, sanitizer, gloves, water, all the while chanting UConn every ten minutes. Community minded while showing UConn love, how could Jordan and his family turn us down
Even better in Jonathan suits: mask and gloves included.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
My take is if Hurley wanted/wants him, he’d be coming to the good guys. If he goes to St Johns, someone better coming ...
I dig it. Trust in Hurley. But he's so damn explosive. He can be our Oladipo, come in on the low and end up conference player of the year in the toughest conference. It appears he has that sort of ability.

C

Chief00

The coaching staff, I think, is doing a great job navigating all the waters of uncertainty. With Jackson, Sonago, Cole, Springs and Javonte Brown Ferguson; we really have 5 new guys who will bring a lot to the table. Then add Martin to the mix. The reality is with our practice facility, a nice campus and Blaze; campus visits were a big competitive advantage for us. No need to panic - The Grind works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Can someone enlighten me on the back story behind all of the Blaze references? Inside joke??

A poster said that he was meeting with some of the previous coaching staff at the pizza restaurant chain Blaze Pizza and helping to concoct a recruiting strategy for the types of players they should target and what the recruiting approach should entail in June of 2017.

No proof was provided and we since have a new coaching staff. Further, most (if not all?) of the players that we supposedly targeted after the introduction of this supposed strategy never ended up playing at UConn.

It does not appear to be a joke to the poster, but has become one to others.

Reaction Score
Can someone enlighten me on the back story behind all of the Blaze references? Inside joke??

The Boneyard and being enlightened could well be considered an oxymoron......... :rolleyes:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
These comparisons are awfully lofty for someone with an unproven handle and jumper
This could very well be as I have not see him in person, nor am I an insider. He looks great on tape, a game changing type of player. Grant it, the highlights can and often are deceptive. Would love to see a full game to get a sense of his overall ability.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The coaching staff, I think, is doing a great job navigating all the waters of uncertainty. With Jackson, Sonago, Cole and Javonte Brown Ferguson we really have 4 new guys who will bring a lot to the table. Then add Martin to the mix. The reality is with our practice facility, a nice campus and Blaze; campus visits were a big competitive advantage for us. No need to panic - The Grind works.
I just want something positive to happen on the recruiting front for 2021. Outside of Johnson I don’t think we lead with any of them.

Reaction Score
I just want something positive to happen on the recruiting front for 2021. Outside of Johnson I don’t think we lead with any of them.
i'm sure hurley has adjusted his recruiting strategy in light of the pandemic. if we land samson in the next couple months i'm not gonna worry. he can spend all season courting 1 more high school senior, then next summer he can fill the last 2 spots with a grad transfer and a traditional transfer/reclass

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Serious question, if there isn't a season, how do you deal with a double sized freshman class logjam?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Serious question, if there isn't a season, how do you deal with a double sized freshman class logjam?
What do you mean by "logjam"? Unrecruited players? I assume players wouldn't have a non-season count against eligibility, so Hurly would have the same team the following season as he has right, with no scholarships open unless someone leaves, no?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
What do you mean by "logjam"? Unrecruited players? I assume players wouldn't have a non-season count against eligibility, so Hurly would have the same team the following season as he has right, with no scholarships open unless someone leaves, no?

I assume he meant if no season, and he has some of the 2020 frosh sitting there technically still frosh b/c they didn't play, then you are recruiting kids from the 2021 class it doubles up your frosh class.

That's a big question and concern right now in every sport - what are coaches doing and what are kids doing, not just at the high levels where guys could leave for the NBA, but think about a D3 program that has 4-5 incoming frosh, they don't play a season, then you recruit 3-4 kids from 2021 ... now you have 8-9 guys that are basically in their first year of the program.

Does the coach recruit less kids? Take away offers IF that happens? It's all totally up in the air right now given the state of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom