2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Hawkins | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Hawkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

16. Archbishop Wood (Warminster, Pa.)
2019-20 Resume:
(22-5) Advanced to the PIAA Class 5A state quarterfinals*
Outlook: The Vikings appear to be the team to beat out of the Philadelphia Catholic League next year, returning four All-Catholic League performers. Rahsool Diggins won Catholic League MVP, while Jaylen Stinson, Daeshon Shepherd and Marcus Randolph each received all-league honors.

17. DeMatha (Hyattsville, Md.)
2019-20 Resume:
(30-3) No. 5 in final Top 25. WCAC regular season, tournament champions
Outlook: While the Stags have finished in the Top 10 in each of the past three years, next season will be present new challenges without stars Earl Timberlake Jr. and Hunter Dickinson. Top returners Jordan Hawkins, Tyrell Ward and Elijah Hawkins will look to fill the void.

Reaction Score
Is the longer this commitment gets drawn out a bad thing? Any chance of him flipping schools?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Still radio silence?

Reaction Score
I’m torn between not wanting to get ahead of myself and wanting to speculate endlessly because I don’t have much else to do.

A grad transfer big could just be a role player. Maybe not David Onuorah or Eric Cobb types, but someone who is clearly a bench piece just in case our young bigs need time to develop. If Bouk is gone, we could aim high if we’re looking for a SG, although I don’t know who we realistically have a shot at. Maybe we already have all the backcourt pieces we need.
So are you aiming higher or lower than David O or Cobb? If lower, geez.

Reaction Score
So are you aiming higher or lower than David O or Cobb? If lower, geez.
Oh, higher. I meant that we shouldn’t need a starter at the 4 or 5 with Akok and Sanogo. We’ll have Springs and Brown-Ferguson. If we also get Samson Johnson, then a grad transfer big wouldn’t need to be an impact player, but more of a depth piece.

Reaction Score
Oh, higher. I meant that we shouldn’t need a starter at the 4 or 5 with Akok and Sanogo. We’ll have Springs and Brown-Ferguson. If we also get Samson Johnson, then a grad transfer big wouldn’t need to be an impact player, but more of a depth piece.

Why not just bring in a regular recruit with some actual upside?

Reaction Score
multiple insiders have said hurley will wait until the spring/summer when bouk makes a decision before filling his spot. at that point in time an elite highschool recruit isn't realisitc unless it's a reclass like sanogo, thus the transfer/grad transfer talk. there are pros and cons that have been discussed in relation to reclasses/transfers/grad transfers

Last edited:

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
if the season is canceled would that make bouk more or less likely to go pro?

Has he done enough already? A big soph season (as I am expecting) would make it a no brainer.

Reaction Score
if the season is canceled would that make bouk more or less likely to go pro?

Has he done enough already? A big soph season (as I am expecting) would make it a no brainer.

It would be really unfortunate but I think he would have to go. His first round chances go way way way down if hes 21 or over when he enters the draft.

Reaction Score
It would be really unfortunate but I think he would have to go. His first round chances go way way way down if hes 21 or over when he enters the draft.

I wouldn't apply normal rules to this as far as how teams are going to treat guys who are a year old for their draft class because of a pandemic, though I would tend to think he'll go this season regardless of what happens.

Reaction Score
just off the top of my head- i think gordon, okafor, and kemba would beg to differ as they all left after their junior seasons and were taken in the lotto

7 upperclassmen went in the 2019 first round
7 upperclassmen went in the 2018 first round

Last edited:
Reaction Score
just off the top of my head- i think gordon, okafor, and kemba would beg to differ as they all left after their junior seasons and were taken in the lotto

6 upperclassmen went in the 2019 first round

2004 was a long time ago, and even Kemba, the best player in the country, fell to 9th.

Reaction Score
As far as high school recruits, it doesn’t sound like we’re as likely to target a 2021 big man other than Johnson, because we’re all-in on Clingan for 2022. If we were to bring in another guard for 2021 after Hawkins (hopefully), then I definitely think we’d go for a regular recruit with upside. Honestly, I’d take all the talent we can get, regardless of need, and assuming the staff can sort it all out.

Reaction Score
As far as high school recruits, it doesn’t sound like we’re as likely to target a 2021 big man other than Johnson, because we’re all-in on Clingan for 2022. If we were to bring in another guard for 2021 after Hawkins (hopefully), then I definitely think we’d go for a regular recruit with upside. Honestly, I’d take all the talent we can get, regardless of need, and assuming the staff can sort it all out.

I don't see any need for an additional big man on that roster, but a shooter could be useful. I had mentioned Santos because I've seen him play a few times, and when he gets in rhythm he's terrific from 3. Has the size to play 3 or 4 in college, so he could be a Polley/Giffey type.

Reaction Score
If we get Johnson we'll have 5 big men on the roster, and that's not counting Martin who could also get minutes at the 4. No need for another big, especially with how basketball is played now

Reaction Score
If we get Johnson we'll have 5 big men on the roster, and that's not counting Martin who could also get minutes at the 4. No need for another big, especially with how basketball is played now
Yep and if Clingan is priority in 2022 there’s no need. Probably try and get a Roddy Gayles reclass idk tho

Reaction Score
I don't see any need for an additional big man on that roster, but a shooter could be useful. I had mentioned Santos because I've seen him play a few times, and when he gets in rhythm he's terrific from 3. Has the size to play 3 or 4 in college, so he could be a Polley/Giffey type.
I actually agree. The consensus on here seemed to be that we’d rather a grad transfer big. In my original post at the beginning of this discussion I wondered whether we might look for a shooter instead. I guess my point was that IF we were to go after a big man besides Johnson, then we’d really only need a one-year role player. I’d prefer a shooter who could help his for a few years.

Reaction Score

7 upperclassmen went in the 2019 first round

right. It’s not impossible but nba teams prefer teenagers and the nba is pretty much guaranteed to have a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom