2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Hawkins | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Hawkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You guys and the players like the video he posted in the past. He's presented himself as a work in progress trying to put effort into something that he's interested in

Either provide real, constructive criticism (sometimes I think his videos are a little over produced, but I get that's his style), just let it go, or just ignore his post/comments.

Edit: just seeing 860 and DB are two different people. But my comment about being constructive still stands.

Alright my criticism would just be based off of what Hurley said earlier this year about how upset he was about the Alterique comments after the Xavier game. I get that the tone of the article was positive but I don’t think Hurley would want the fan base calling a 17 year old recruit that we’re close to wrapping up “big nuts” and saying that our campus is the land of cow . Nothing good can come out of it. Like no chance his family reads that and says “yep we need to go to UConn.” In general I’m all for blogs and stuff but just thought this one came off a little weird.

Reaction Score
Nate Santos has dropped in ranking quite a bit, but I could see him being a Polley/Giffey type player for us.
I was thinking about him. He’s someone we wouldn’t need to play a huge role in 2021-2022, but it’d be nice to have him in the fold if we lose Martin, Jackson, Adams, and Cole after that season.

Reaction Score
Hawkins best attribute right now is his ability to knock down shots. His form and follow through is pure, original sweetness. Players don't all have a textbook shot, if there is such a thing anymore. Tyler Polley is out the door, maybe Bouknight, maybe Brendan Adams. We need shooters and that's Hawkin's game right now. The potential for the rest of his game, which is high, he'll develop while he's here.

11th best shooting guard in his class right now according to 247. I'll take it :)

Reaction Score
When I first started posting here, I assumed everyone was old too...maybe simply because it’s a message board. But the more I’m on here I realize we have a lot of young people too. Even when Stanley passed several posters wrote that he was their one of their favorite players as a kid.
You should check out the OT music threads. It's pretty obvious of the spread in ages here. ;)

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Hawkins best attribute right now is his ability to knock down shots. His form and follow through is pure, original sweetness. Players don't all have a textbook shot, if there is such a thing anymore. Tyler Polley is out the door, maybe Bouknight, maybe Brendan Adams. We need shooters and that's Hawkin's game right now. The potential for the rest of his game, which is high, he'll develop while he's here.

11th best shooting guard in his class right now according to 247. I'll take it :)
He’s more than just a shooter. On the tape I saw his defense in particular looked SPECTACULAR. He’s very active, very long and very disruptive; active on the glass. He’s also explosive offensively, he dunks on his way up. Seems like right now his ball handling is his biggest weakness along with being a little on the skinny side.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about him. He’s someone we wouldn’t need to play a huge role in 2021-2022, but it’d be nice to have him in the fold if we lose Martin, Jackson, Adams, and Cole after that season.
I like Santos' long term upside as a knockdown shooter so if we pursue him I'd be happy with that. I also wouldn't hate adding a grad transfer for a veteran presence. The team will be heavy with underclassmen who will still be figuring out their own strengths and weaknesses

Reaction Score
I like Santos' long term upside as a knockdown shooter so if we pursue him I'd be happy with that. I also wouldn't hate adding a grad transfer for a veteran presence. The team will be heavy with underclassmen who will still be figuring out their own strengths and weaknesses
I think it makes sense to keep the 4th open with all the uncertainty with transfers next year. Could be a ton of immediately eligible upper classmen

Reaction Score
While I understand the value of an immediately eligible upperclassman, I wouldn't turn away from a 4* in play.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't think we know what the staff will do next. Wouldn't make sense to just turn down another 4 star.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Maxpreps has DeMatha as the third best high school team in the country last year. When was the last time we landed a player from a top 3 high school team in the country? I don’t believe Carltons DeMatha team was that good.

Reaction Score
While I understand the value of an immediately eligible upperclassman, I wouldn't turn away from a 4* in play.

Who are we talking about here? Not sure if Santos is a 4* any longer.

Reaction Score
Who are we talking about here? Not sure if Santos is a 4* any longer.

Not talking about a particular player. I'm just a fan of keeping all options open and not shutting down the '21 class for a transfer, particularly if there's '21 talent still interested.

Reaction Score
Not talking about a particular player. I'm just a fan of keeping all options open and not shutting down the '21 class for a transfer, particularly if there's '21 talent still interested.

Got it. I don’t disagree, just not sure who else we are really strongly after other than Hawkins and Johnson. That being said, it’s a very weird recruiting year and this staff seems to play things close to the vest, so who knows.

Reaction Score
May have changed but I don’t see it as a retweet on his timeline
Yeah he undid it, but it was definitely there. I saw it before it was posted here as well

Edit: Hesitant to even post since he deleted it, but I haven't refreshed my timeline yet

EB610EE7-6679-46F8-BD7D-FFC43D218B7C.jpeg

Reaction Score
Maxpreps has DeMatha as the third best high school team in the country last year. When was the last time we landed a player from a top 3 high school team in the country? I don’t believe Carltons DeMatha team was that good.

Akok Akok went to Putnam Science Academy and they are regularly ranked as one of the best prep teams in the country.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You've gotta remember that EVERY player has flaws and terrible games at 16 years old--even the 5-stars. We just normally don't see them. But Dematha is such a high profile program there are tons of options to see full games, including TOs, bricked FTs, clunkers games where he goes 0/5 etc.
Years ago I went to a Celtics game where Heinsohn, a pretty reliable gunner was 0-15 and fouled out. Almost all of them have a clunker or two in them. ,

Reaction Score
We should have two Oak Hill guys (Kofi, Cam Thomas) and a Montverde guy (Precious) but all suspiciously chose programs known for dishing out $$. Coincidence??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom