2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Hawkins | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Hawkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pinch me. This staff is surgical. Best part is seeing all these young men believe in our coach and his vision for them not only as players, but as people. DH is a real program builder. He is living up to Rothstein's "The Carpenter" moniker. This would make 3 straight strong classes if Hawkins and Samson come.

Attachments

• 647.gif
    647.gif
    999.5 KB · Views: 164
Reaction Score
Had a friend ask me if Digggins' gave coaches a verbal on a Friday morning and if the timing of the Hawkins tweet was similar to Digggins' social media updates.l before he committed.

Said I wasn't sure, but I'd ask.
The articles for Diggins actually said he verballed to the coaches Friday morning at like 6:30, then announced Sunday.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We are really good at getting our hopes up super quickly and then going to despair just as fast.

I will say if we get Hawkins I will be more convinced that ever that COVID was made in a lab by the NCAA to stop our momentum and that it will last for at least 2 years. There i said it.

If that was their goal, it's not working out too well. If anything, we've gotten even better at recruiting in the last few months.

Reaction Score
Curious what staffs direction will be if we get a Samson Johnson/Diggins/Hawkins class locked up sooner than later. Will they bank the 4th scholly for a grad transfer in the spring? Or will they go deep sea fishing into the 5 star territory for giggles

Reaction Score
I’ve been pretty excited and confident about the program since this staff took over, but if he commits, the last few weeks have pushed me to another level.

Both Diggins and Hawkins are excellent pieces that I didn’t think much of as far as chances they’d commit. Things are happening behind the scenes that kids are really buying into.

Just not "behind the scenes" like Illinois, LSU, Kansas, Auburn and Arizona, right?

Reaction Score
Curious what staffs direction will be if we get a Samson Johnson/Diggins/Hawkins class locked up sooner than later. Will they bank the 4th scholly for a grad transfer in the spring? Or will they go deep sea fishing into the 5 star territory for giggles

We don’t officially have a 4th scholarship available, and I don’t think there are any 5 stars that are really considering us anyway. I think you start hammering away at 2022 and then try to snag a transfer (or potential reclass of a 2022 guy) in the spring if that last spot opens up. Regardless, a great problem to have. Now let’s lock these two guys up!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Has Kenya locked any recruits down for us yet? Curious on this as Hawkins would be a huge pick up. I know i've seen Tom and Kimani's name pop up more.

IIRC Kenya was assigned to do other things from the start. He's only been back heavily in the recruiting mix post year 1 or something. I forget what the details were, just that the other guys had more focus on the recruiting trail at the start

Reaction Score
@Improviser will come up with something. :)
Okay, you want a comment.

The BY can comment on How to make the best oatmeal (moving on from Scrambled Eggs), more on Covid Attire and who else takes the scrubs home from the MRI and why doing so may prevent other forms of embarrassment on the ride home, instead of which kid you root for at the now non-existent sports venues, which kid's side you take on the video games or which kid you root for when they play against each other for yard soccer or badminton, or tennis.

Or, how about How do you Sanitize the RV you rented or bought just in case the dealer of leasing company did not do it and you fear infection?

I can come up with some more.

Now you got your comments.

If we get Hawkins and Johnson, then posts about how they are progressing with their summer training or what they are doing to keep in shape like running, isometrics, strength and balance and flexibility training.

If it is a good idea, I could post a thread called POTPOURRI, and add all those items at once for comments from the By.

I have never seen one with that title.

Thanks for the request.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Dude reminds me of Caron Butler
I have to say I kind of smirked when I saw the Ray Allen comparison but after watching some video I totally get it. I’m not saying that he is a Ray caliber player, but they were definitely elements in their game that are very similar. I’m not seeing it with Caron, but then again I really wasn’t looking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom