2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Hawkins | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Hawkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

“I’ve been getting endless work in. Whenever I get an opportunity to work out, I do it,” he told Prep Hoops during a recent interview."

Seeing him labeled anywhere from 6'4-6'6.

Apparently scored 19 points on 8/14 (3/5) against Gonzaga in a game I couldn't find a video of.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Just FYI he doesn’t take a high volume of threes. He’s more of a bouncy slasher still. Good Bouknight replacement for sure though.
Jerome Dyson?

Reaction Score
Vs Paul VI -- another top 15 high school team

17 PTS
4 REB
0 AST (1 potential / 1 Foul)

0 STL
1 TO
0 BLK

3/3 2FG
3/5 3FG
2/3 FT
  • 9 points in the first quarter on 4 shots against a team as good as PIV, on a team as good as Dematha, is fantastic.
  • I like that his coach has him inbound. Shows trust. (and also that he’s a shooter--but we’ll focus on the first part haha)
  • Much more of a “power” finisher than Bouk despite being also being a slender guy
  • Keels was hit matchup in crunch time. He has to be 30-40lbs lighter, but doing a pretty good job matching his physicality on the drive
  • Not a good enough ballhandler/passer vs the press. Coach has to use him as the rim runner
  • Played 24 mins

• Great read out of a broken inbound play
1st Amendment Sports Presents: WCAC Boys Basketball Championship - DeMatha vs Paul VI
1st Amendment Sports Presents: WCAC Boys Basketball Championship - DeMatha vs Paul VI
  • Rebounding
  • Both of these show what I think will be a big part of what his role freshman year. Providing spacing for ballhandlers and knocking down shots on reversals or skips…

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Vs Paul VI -- another top 15 high school team

17 PTS
4 REB
0 AST (1 potential / 1 Foul)

0 STL
1 TO
0 BLK

3/3 2FG
3/5 3FG
2/3 FT
  • 9 points in the first quarter on 4 shots against a team as good as PIV, on a team as good as Dematha, is fantastic.
He looks phenomenal early in this game. Every bit as good as the Paul VI burger boys.

Reaction Score
Prior to changing from a Top11 announcement to a commitment announcement..I thought it was odd that he would be "stringing his recruitment out" by making a Top 11 part of his process.. Based on our usual reputable posters..It seems as if we're on his "short list"..(at the very least)..DH/staff quietly going about their business..Like ninjas in the night..Locked in on their targets..Their lack of "noise" on this recruitment suggests to me its real..Social media likes are part of recruiting in 2020.. Corey E is one of the more accurate experts..Frequently out front of the others.. Jordan can't say the minutes aren't available with a Bouk departure after 2020 season.. Why not showcase your skills in the BE with a 4 time NC Program?? Under MSG's bright lights.. Lets do this Danny and Kenya..

Last edited:

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Absolutely incredible to see how recruiting has transformed under this staff and with the move to the Big East. This is the type of player who may have visited or put us in his final 64 or whatever in the past, but at the end of the day we’d lose out because of the AAC. I had a Pitt writer drop in my mentions last week on Twitter talking about how they didn’t see the value in moving from “the 7th best basketball league to maybe the 3rd” (their arrogance without accomplishment never fails to stun me) but if you can’t look at these last two classes and see the insane impact of the Big East, you’re crazy. We’re doomed, grain of salt, etc. but this would be another incredible win for this staff. Lets go.

Reaction Score
So pleased with the staff, this is perhaps the most important recruiting class to lock studs up early due to the effect COVID may have on the evaluation periods. Get Hawkins. Get Johnson. Full court press on Clingan. Sounds great to me.

Reaction Score
He hasn’t been on campus for any type of unofficial visit correct? If the staff gets this kid to commit, that’s so impressive. Covid has obviously changed things dramatically, but getting these high level players to commit without ever stepping on campus (Sanogo and Diggins included) is wild. Must be some type of Zoom presentation, sheesh.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
We are really good at getting our hopes up super quickly and then going to despair just as fast.

I will say if we get Hawkins I will be more convinced that ever that COVID was made in a lab by the NCAA to stop our momentum and that it will last for at least 2 years. There i said it.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’ve been pretty excited and confident about the program since this staff took over, but if he commits, the last few weeks have pushed me to another level.

Both Diggins and Hawkins are excellent pieces that I didn’t think much of as far as chances they’d commit. Things are happening behind the scenes that kids are really buying into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom