Jon Scheyer says Duke will now schedule home and home series | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jon Scheyer says Duke will now schedule home and home series

Reaction Score
I didn't even realize they didn't do this. KU does it, Kentucky does it, most programs do, even if they are selective about who they play. Is there an argument against it? Maybe in some distant past you could claim the ACC season was too tough, but that's nonsense. You'll play good teams in Maui or Charleston or whatever challenge you play, and you can add at least one tough OOC game to that.
K played top out of conference teams at home and neutral sites…it was so annoying.

Reaction Score
Have you ever been to XL? It is an awful venue for basketball. The venue is dark and somewhat cavernous. the seats are not on top of the court like they are at Gampel. The best seats are gobbled up by corporate types in suits that politely sit there and have their once a month $12 beer. Even though it is an extra 45 minute drive for me, I wish every game was at Gampel. It is electric. XL is a trickle charge. Unfortunately, UConn sold their soul to the devil, aka the State Legislature, years ago. It was humorous to see the UConn president threaten to pull games from XL if UConn's budget got cut. As long as UConn is subsidized by the state, we are stuck with half our games at XL.
I’m glad someone finally said it. Great post

Reaction Score
To add to the XL hilarity...
My brother does not go to many UConn games. His first question when we walked in today was "What's that smell?" :confused:
Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

Reaction Score
Was Duke not scheduling home and home games? I mean was that an actual policy of the program?

Reaction Score
Was Duke not scheduling home and home games? I mean was that an actual policy of the program?
Krzyzewski's policy. From the article:

It would have been easy for Scheyer to continue going with Krzyzewski's scheduling ideology. Duke is powerful enough to where it can play anyone, anywhere in its nonconference schedule. Credit to Scheyer for shifting off K's way, which was far from egregious, but still could have been more daring. For as undeniably great as Krzyzewski was, he refused to schedule home-and-homes over the final 13 years of his career. The last time Duke played a non-league road game that wasn't a TV-mandated arrangement (i.e. ACC/Big Ten Challenge) was a 2008 loss against Michigan.

Reaction Score
Watching some of the Duke game the other night I was wondering, does anyone else look at Scheyer and think he looks a bit lost at times? Also can Kyle Filipowski try to stay on his feet once in a while at 6’10 - 250? What an absolute flopper he had turned into. A good player mind you, but living up to Cameron expectations.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Also can Kyle Filipowski try to stay on his feet once in a while at 6’10 - 250? What an absolute flopper he had turned into.
I'm pretty sure that Introduction to Flopping is a mandatory course for all incoming freshmen on the Duke basketball team. If they return for a second year, Advanced Flopping is required.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Introduction to Flopping is a mandatory course for all incoming freshmen on the Duke basketball team. If they return for a second year, Advanced Flopping is required.
In so I can be the first to write "Cooper Flopp."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom