John Wall the Worst Shooter in the NBA | The Boneyard

John Wall the Worst Shooter in the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wall is flat out awful. Kemba is already a better NBA player.

H

huskymagic

Before we get too nervous about Kemba's early games in the NBA and his shot, here's an interesting read about John Wall

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-on-his-game/2012/01/05/gIQAmD6gdP_story.html

Kentucky players are overrated big time. John Wall is an average player who thinks hes a star. He is a bust and I think Kemba will definitely have a better career than him. They seem to get number 1 recruiting classes every year and who are the best players they have produced ? Kyrie, John Wall, Cousins lol. Overrated and overhyped like Dukes guys who always suck in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Kentucky players are overrated big time. John Wall is an average player who thinks hes a star. He is a bust and I think Kemba will definitely have a better career than him. They seem to get number 1 recruiting classes every year and who are the best players they have produced ? Kyrie, John Wall, Cousins lol. Overrated and overhyped like Dukes guys who always suck in the NBA.
man, get a hold of your self and give yourself a good shake. Calm down.

Wall is not, by any measure or any statistic, an average player.
He is not, by any reasonable opinion, within a few light years of being a bust.
John Wall is a nice kid with tremendous basketball talent. Don't let the tincture of Kentucky make you silly.

His team is 0 and 7. He's being asked to do more than he should be, and that affects his numbers. He has a weak team with which to work. Comparing him to Stockten, who had Malone, et alia, and Magic, who had Worthy, Jabbar, Scott, and many others, is plainly unfair. Take a look at this roster and tell me who Wall's Malone is . . .

http://www.nba.com/wizards/roster/

Who was that?

But keep it in perspective. On possibly the worst team in the league, with a bunch of scrubs around him, the kid posted these numbers in his last game . . . 22 pts, 9 assists, 5 boards, on 10 of 22 shooting. He did have 5 turnovers.

That is not average. That is not a bust. That is very good production on a sh-tty team.

Stow your hate for this kid - he's a nice person, who committed the youthful indiscretion of going to UK.

Reaction Score
Quite silly to say he's an average player. He's a talented player on a garbage team, and happens to play the position that is most impacted by the quality of teammates. He is a PG who has to take a rather large scoring load as one of the top scoring options on the team, and the focus of opposing teams.

And Kyrie's a dookie. Possibly meant Knight?

Reaction Score
I realize he's not a Kentucky guy, but Derrick Rose was a pretty big recruit for Calipari who turned out pretty well.

Reaction Score
the wizards are a turrible team. john wall aint, he is still very young. and very gifted. Lots to learn.

Reaction Score
i've always thought Jerome Dyson and John Wall were very similar players. one just got a ton more hype despite pretty similar productions

Reaction Score
This is an entertaining thread. One of the more promising young players in the league is a bust and "flat out awful."

Kid was second in the rookie of the year voting to Blake Griffin and was on the NBA All-Rookie first team. I would love for Kemba to be that awful.

Reaction Score
i've always thought Jerome Dyson and John Wall were very similar players. one just got a ton more hype despite pretty similar productions
If you meant this as a very, very subtle joke, then well played Sir, and that is one of the funniest things I have ever read.

If you meant this as a serious contemplation, then this wins the all-time award for "just when I thought this thread couldn't get any stupider."

John Wall's athleticism is to Dyson's athleticism what a Mazzerati is to a Dodge Neon.
John Wall's skill set is to Dyson's skill set as the entire Home Depot tools department is to an all-in-one screwdriver.

Reaction Score
Wall is flat out awful. Kemba is already a better NBA player.

Lol, no. If Kemba got drafted into that type of poison and didn't have another PG beside him like he has with Augustine he would have the same kind of difficulties, if not more. Wall will be fine, I expected him to be doing better than he is now but the Wiz are going to have to eventually extract some of the garbage from that team.

H

huskymagic

If you meant this as a very, very subtle joke, then well played Sir, and that is one of the funniest things I have ever read.

If you meant this as a serious contemplation, then this wins the all-time award for "just when I thought this thread couldn't get any stupider."

John Wall's athleticism is to Dyson's athleticism what a Mazzerati is to a Dodge Neon.
John Wall's skill set is to Dyson's skill set as the entire Home Depot tools department is to an all-in-one screwdriver.

Dude calm down on the Dickie V gatorade. John Wall isn't anything special. He is what Jeff Teague is for the Hawks. They are similar players except Jeff is more athletic. John Wall like Demarcus have bad attitudes and persons which will inhibit their basketball growth. He will never be a star in the NBA he just doesn't have what it takes. He is a driver who doesn't have any mental toughness and can't shoot. Kemba is a much better overall player than John Wall is. I think Kemba will have a good career in the NBA just as good as Wall if not better.

Reaction Score
Dude calm down on the Dickie V gatorade. John Wall isn't anything special. He is what Jeff Teague is for the Hawks. They are similar players except Jeff is more athletic. John Wall like Demarcus have bad attitudes and persons which will inhibit their basketball growth. He will never be a star in the NBA he just doesn't have what it takes. He is a driver who doesn't have any mental toughness and can't shoot. Kemba is a much better overall player than John Wall is. I think Kemba will have a good career in the NBA just as good as Wall if not better.

Lol @ Teague being more athletic. Teague is a damn good athlete but he's not a better athlete than Wall, Wall is much more faster than he is.

Reaction Score
Wall's numbers are a product of being surrounding by even worse players than himself.He's the best player on a bad team but he isn't very good.

He can't shoot.
Yet, he jacks up all kinds of awful shots.
Turns the ball over frequently.
He doesn't make others better.
He has displayed no feel for the game.

Yeah, he's awful. If he ever amounts to anything besides a mediocre point guard it willl be a huge upset.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

Know your posters - this is that MarkT troll who makes more money than you do.

Reaction Score
This thread is ridiculous. I get hating on Wall because he went to Kentucky and he played for Calipari. I do. But as far as his talent is concerned, I would say he's on par with Derrick Rose. The difference is that Rose has much, much better players around him, a higher basketball IQ, and is a much better shooter.

Prezidint-I would not call Wall a star right now. Sure, he plays on a bad team, but does that excuse his poor play this season? Turning it over 4 times a game and shooting 33% from the field speaks for itself. He doens't really know how to play yet. How many stars play on an 0-7 team? Put Derrick rose, Chris Paul, etc. on the Wizards and I bet they have at least two wins. Those guys make their teammates better, something Wall hasn't quite figured out.

That said, 16 and 8 in your rookie year is pretty good for somebody who doesn't know how to play. The talent speaks for itself. He's arguably the fastest player in the league with the ball, he can finish at the rim, and he's a great defender. It's just a matter of if he figures it out. Even if he doesn't he'll be a damn good player.

Reaction Score
Prezidint-I would not call Wall a star right now.
Here's the splash page for the Washington Wizards. Stats don't make stars. Just my opinion

Shooting Star Bad Company

family-splash-minnesota.jpg

Reaction Score
Because he's the best player on the worst team in the NBA - he's a star?

Reaction Score
^ no people earlier this thread were claiming he is a "bad player". Believe it or not, there's something between a bum and a star. John Wall is probably the fastest player in the league.

Reaction Score
Because he's the best player on the worst team in the NBA - he's a star?
No - he's a star for the same reason that the prostitute Kardashian woman is - because everybody knows him and treats him like a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom