John Wall the Worst Shooter in the NBA | Page 4 | The Boneyard

John Wall the Worst Shooter in the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

You know you should read carefully and come up with some better information when confronting the guru himself. Nobody said John Wall cant play or that he is not a solid player. Palatine, myself and a couple of others are saying that he is way overhyped and is not a star. He is a good player but that its I dont see him becoming a star in Washington or anywhere else for that matter.

UCONN fans analyze their own players just as critically as they would any other team's players so even if he was a UCONN alum he would still have been criticized. I have criticized for example Daniels from Day 1, and on the other hand I have praised Rudy Gay as being overall the most gifted player in the NBA.

Reaction Score
and on the other hand I have praised Rudy Gay as being overall the most gifted player in the NBA.

Love Rudy, great kid, hell of a player, but if there's an Exhibit A as to why your posts are consistently hilarious it's this right here.

caw

Reaction Score
You know you should read carefully and come up with some better information when confronting the guru himself. Nobody said John Wall cant play or that he is not a solid player. Palatine, myself and a couple of others are saying that he is way overhyped and is not a star. He is a good player but that its I dont see him becoming a star in Washington or anywhere else for that matter.

UCONN fans analyze their own players just as critically as they would any other team's players so even if he was a UCONN alum he would still have been criticized. I have criticized for example Daniels from Day 1, and on the other hand I have praised Rudy Gay as being overall the most gifted player in the NBA.

Were you referring to me?

caw

Reaction Score
Love Rudy, great kid, hell of a player, but if there's an Exhibit A as to why your posts are consistently hilarious it's this right here.

Have to agree, any conversation about most gifted player in the NBA begins with Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Wade, Paul and maybe 5-10 others before Gay gets mentioned.

H

huskymagic

Have to agree, any conversation about most gifted player in the NBA begins with Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Wade, Paul and maybe 5-10 others before Gay gets mentioned.

Personally I believe that Rudy is definitely at the top based on his overall skill level and talent. Its not like I am the only one saying this, Kevin Durant has said that about Rudy as being the toughest and hardest player to defend. Shaq also said the same thing on TNT when Memphis was playing saying that Rudy is one of the best players in the NBA.

Rudy's problems are his personality and his passive nature similar to Lamb. He plays like a number 2 guy instead of the great player he is and can be. I am talking about just the physical talent level and skill level not whether he scores the most points in the NBA.

Reaction Score
i've always thought Jerome Dyson and John Wall were very similar players. one just got a ton more hype despite pretty similar productions
You need to lay off the crack bro!! Jerome cant jump with John Wall and that's a fact!!

Reaction Score
You need to lay off the crack bro!! Jerome cant jump with John Wall and that's a fact!!

Obviously I don't think they are similar athletes. I think they have similar styles tho and had similar production.

Reaction Score
Obviously I don't think they are similar athletes. I think they have similar styles tho and had similar production.
There not really that similar maybe the same position (combo-guard) and similar size but the similarity stops there! Jerome is a fringe NBA player (12th man)..John Wall is a future all star!

Reaction Score
Really? Thanks for pointing that out. You mean Dyson's nba numbers aren't as good as a guy drafted #1 and got the keys to the organization from day 1 ? You do realize its possible to score 20ppg and have 6apg and still hurt your team right? Wall isn't an efficient player yet. He may get there someday but right now he's not.

Take a peak at their production and efficiency in college. Wall is obviously better, but the difference isn't one guy being picked #1 and the other guy being a d-leaguer.

Reaction Score
Really? Thanks for pointing that out. You mean Dyson's nba numbers aren't as good as a guy drafted #1 and got the keys to the organization from day 1 ? You do realize its possible to score 20ppg and have 6apg and still hurt your team right? Wall isn't an efficient player yet. He may get there someday but right now he's not.

Take a peak at their production and efficiency in college. Wall is obviously better, but the difference isn't one guy being picked #1 and the other guy being a d-leaguer.
Jerome and John wall went up against each other in college and let just say it was 1 sided the whole night.Jerome thought he was better the at the time freshmen john wall,and it wasn't even close. that disrespectful to John wall for him to be compared to Jerome Dyson in any extent. you out to be ashamed!!

Reaction Score
Jerome and John wall went up against each other in college and let just say it was 1 sided the whole night.Jerome thought he was better the at the time freshmen john wall,and it wasn't even close. that disrespectful to John wall for him to be compared to Jerome Dyson in any extent. you out to be ashamed!!

It was not one sided the entire night. Don't be ridiculous.

Reaction Score
There not really that similar maybe the same position (combo-guard) and similar size but the similarity stops there! Jerome is a fringe NBA player (12th man)..John Wall is a future all star!
Wall will be an all star after 100 years of development.

Reaction Score
Let's not look at the facts, or anything. Wall had the better night. It wasn't "1 sided the whole night."
STARTERS
MINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS

John Wall, G
29 10-16
1-1
4-4 1 1 2 6 0 7 3 25

32 5-12 1-2 6-10 1 5 3 1 0 5 4 17

Reaction Score
Let's not look at the facts, or anything. Wall had the better night. It wasn't "1 sided the whole night."

STARTERS
MINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS

John Wall, G
29 10-16
1-1 4-4 1 1 2 6 0 7 3 25

32 5-12 1-2 6-10 1 5 3 1 0 5 4 17
John wall was a freshmen playing in like the first tournament in college.Jerome was in his senior season.for a freshmen to outplay a 4 year starting senior tells you alot about John Wall. Hes a beast, and he Beasted Jerome Dyson in 2009 and he will do it in 2012. Just my option.

Reaction Score
John wall was a freshmen playing in like the first tournament in college.Jerome was in his senior season.for a freshmen to outplay a 4 year starting senior tells you alot about John Wall. Hes a beast, and he Beasted Jerome Dyson in 2009 and he will do it in 2012. Just my option.

What does that have to do with anything? The point is, John Wall did not "beast" Jerome Dyson, nor was it one sided the whole night.

Reaction Score
What does that have to do with anything? The point is, John Wall did not "beast" Jerome Dyson, nor was it one sided the whole night.
I beg to differ! John Wall got his team the Dub! Jerome couldn't deliver Uconn the win :(

Reaction Score
I beg to differ! John Wall got his team the Dub! Jerome couldn't deliver Uconn the win :(

So going by that logic, last night Randy Foye "beasted" Rudy because his team won despite the fact he had a +/- of -24 and went 1-4 from the field and scored 3 points while Rudy had a +/- of +7 and he went 8-20 from the field and scored 19 points.

I'm not going to argue this anymore.

Reaction Score
It's amazing I can say something as simple as they have similar skill sets and had similar production and someone can twist that into me saying the obviously inferior player is better. No one is sayin dyson was is or ever will be John wall... Just that if one was the first pick, the other deserves a chance because they aren't as far apart as #1 pick and dleaguer.

Reaction Score
It's amazing I can say something as simple as they have similar skill sets and had similar production and someone can twist that into me saying the obviously inferior player is better. No one is sayin dyson was is or ever will be John wall... Just that if one was the first pick, the other deserves a chance because they aren't as far apart as #1 pick and dleaguer.
I agree. Hope Jerome finds a spot on a roster and sticks. With his toughness, strength, athleticism, and defensive abilities, I think he could be a serviceable role player in the NBA.

caw

Reaction Score
Personally I believe that Rudy is definitely at the top based on his overall skill level and talent. Its not like I am the only one saying this, Kevin Durant has said that about Rudy as being the toughest and hardest player to defend. Shaq also said the same thing on TNT when Memphis was playing saying that Rudy is one of the best players in the NBA.

Rudy's problems are his personality and his passive nature similar to Lamb. He plays like a number 2 guy instead of the great player he is and can be. I am talking about just the physical talent level and skill level not whether he scores the most points in the NBA.

Just in SF's, I still can't see how you put Rudy above Lebron or Durant. Both are as athletic and fluid as Rudy if not moreso. Rudy isn't far behind, but he doesn't have Durant's length or Lebron's pure power. That's not even getting into skill level where Rudy falls behind Durant in shooting and Lebron in passing and both in ability to handle the ball.

caw

Reaction Score

The problem with that game was the problem all season. UConn got all it's points from Dyson, Walker, Robinson, Gavin and pretty much nothing else. Gavin didn't technically start, but he played 36 minutes. Those 4 scored 55 of the 61 points UConn put up. Oriakhi had 4 points in 34 minutes. I would call those your 5 starters, as each played 32+ minutes.

The bench had 2 in 24 combined minutes. Okuandu, Beverly, Trice and Jamal Coombs-McDaniel. That was the bench. That says it all on why UConn lost.

UK got more minutes from it's bench (58) and more points as well (7).

caw

Reaction Score
You're talking to a guy who also said that Jeremy Lin "dominated" Dyson in 2010.

Top Performers
Harvard: J. Lin 30 Pts, 9 Reb, 3 Ast, 3 Stl, 2 Blk
Connecticut: J. Dyson 24 Pts, 14 Reb, 9 Ast, 3 Stl, 2 Blk

LOL, nice.

Funny thing is, he comes back to the " John Wall got his team the Dub! Jerome couldn't deliver Uconn the win" and argued Lin dominated Dyson despite having similar stats and LOSING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom