John Silver's Saturday Thoughts | Page 4 | The Boneyard

John Silver's Saturday Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
God please take Todd Berry off the list.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You want the names of 'prospective' coaches?

Do you want the up and coming coordinators - the MAC level head coaches - or the former BCS retreads who may do well?

Good catch on the spelling error. I needed the names of "prospective" coaches in order to give me "perspective" on how much they would cost...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
God please take Todd Berry off the list.

to old? not good enough? hes not #1 but a long shot but i think hes worth a look. do u have a list?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
because at this point the name of the coach doesnt matter, its about a direction change for the program. simple as that. here is a list i posted last week in a old thread:
neal brown
matt campbell
willie taggart
sonny dykes
todd berry
gus malzahn
gary anderson
darrell hazell

Who do you figure the hottest commodity is on that board? Malzahn? (I think Arkansas State ripped the off of someone today if I remember correctly). How much bank do you think it would cost to get him? If you think another name on that board is hotter, which one is it, and what would be the top-end pay?

Addendum: Arkansas State 50 - Louis. Laf. 27.

Arkansas State - 5-3 record, two of the three losses were both on the road at Nebraska and Oregon. Not bad...

Reaction Score
Chizik is like 6-27 or something ridiculous like that without Malzahn running his offense. He is definitely a guy to go after. But I read he took the Ark St job because that's where he coached high school and he feels at home there. Not sure if he would leave.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
to old? not good enough? hes not #1 but a long shot but i think hes worth a look. do u have a list?

I saw his cheap shot act at Army. Just can't stand him.

Reaction Score
Yup, P's ridiculous base salary is all the more reason to fire him. Net, net if P is fired UCONN will save money over the next two seasons even with the large buyout. The reporters that follow this team apparently failed Accounting 101.

His base salary is $375k this year?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Who do you figure the hottest commodity is on that board? Malzahn? (I think Arkansas State ripped the off of someone today if I remember correctly). How much bank do you think it would cost to get him? If you think another name on that board is hotter, which one is it, and what would be the top-end pay?

Addendum: Arkansas State 50 - Louis. Laf. 27.

Arkansas State - 5-3 record, two of the three losses were both on the road at Nebraska and Oregon. Not bad...

yup prob him but he may have a sec job soon. thats why all those syaing wait till after the season are wrong. can p and d now and place interns in. were this season already and were going to take more l's. who cares who is coach for the last couple of them. we could be back room contracting a gus right now instead of being in line with 5 other teams in december. #whereiswarde

anythign under 2mil for the right guy i'm fine with. would i give neal brown 2 mil? no im not stupid. he gets 750 year 1 and up to a mil by 3 and then we figure out long term. but u cant be afraid to hit the home run and go big. giving 1.6 to p was a huge mistake now looking at it. but if this state was ok with that # for him, then the right guy for 2mil should not be a issue.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'd add Chad Morris to that list.

i had to look him up but yes, he would be someone i would atleast look at. thanks for the new name. i would also add that butch and urban should be guys we look into. i think urban should be #1 and the ncaa letter for aproval shouldnt scare us 1 inch.

could u magine hfd rocking a blue vest with beer stains? pure greatness!

hammered edit-tressel not urban chesus lol

Reaction Score
We don't need the BOT, SH or WM or any search firm/committee - just put it to a vote of the BY. It has become obvious just within this thread that there is so much more brainpower and athletic department experience within - anything else would be a colossal waste of time and resources.

tumblr_m8cczkh7oN1qhk1j2o1_400_medium.gif

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We don't need the BOT, SH or WM or any search firm/committee - just put it to a vote of the BY. It has become obvious just within this thread that there is so much more brainpower and athletic department experience within - anything else would be a colossal waste of time and resources.

View attachment 1596

Tonight is hopefully rock bottom for the
Boneyard.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Tonight is hopefully rock bottom for the
Boneyard.

View attachment 1596

u u guys think 2night is rock bottom for the BY, then i dont know what to tell u about next weekend. then the weekend after that and so on. just wait until the season is over and we reach a full hour post season and P is still coach. buckle up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
u u guys think 2night is rock bottom for the BY, then i dont know what to tell u about next weekend. then the weekend after that and so on. just wait until the season is over and we reach a full hour post season and P is still coach. buckle up.

Rock bottom in stupidity. Im sure the anger level will keep rising.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
whats so stupid here?

Other than TDH and you wanting to hire Urban Meyer not too much I guess.

I guess I'm also giving credit for the long term sentiment that Notre Dame is irrelevant and the recent talk about how Rutgers compares to Georgia and South Carolina though.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Other than TDH and you wanting to hire Urban Meyer not too much I guess.

I guess I'm also giving credit for the long term sentiment that Notre Dame is irrelevant and the recent talk about how Rutgers compares to Georgia and South Carolina though.

i clealry have had a few and caught myself with the urban-tressel mix up. but i can't support anyonejumping on the urban ship that i floated for 3 minutes lol

rutgers is kinda like uga and usce. all 3 are on the east coast and south of ct.

Reaction Score
Rock bottom in stupidity. Im sure the anger level will keep rising.

I'm looking forward to the meltdown if it's announced Manuel is sticking with P and GDL for another season. It could happen.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to the meltdown if it's announced Manuel is sticking with P and GDL for another season. It could happen.

We have pretty much told it's happening through the media.

It will be a quick burst and over since most will be done once it's official.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We have pretty much told it's happening through the media.

It will be a quick burst and over since most will be done once it's official.

that will be a massive meltdown followed by i think a urge on here for rally to shown the school why not.....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
that will be a massive meltdown followed by i think a urge on here for rally to shown the school why not.....

A fanbase that doesnt show up for kickoff and doesn't wear blue to games is going to pull off a rally. Is there somewhere to wager against that?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
A fanbase that doesnt show up for kickoff and doesn't wear blue to games is going to pull off a rally. Is there somewhere to wager against that?

the 20k that do show up and wear blue and travel and so on will be the ones to lead this. when the diehards turn, the school will notice.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
the 20k that do show up and wear blue and travel and so on will be the ones to lead this. when the diehards turn, the school will notice.

They are clueless so they might notice in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom