John A's comments on Heather | Page 3 | The Boneyard

John A's comments on Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
How about we call a truce? I think it is exciting to think about Heather finally coming into her own, no matter what anyone may or may not have said online here!!!:)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
oh really? how long ago were those posts? i asked you to provide proof and you didn't link anything. were the posts on the old board? i don't EVER recall seeing anyone post that she was a waste of a scholarship or that she didn't belong in a UCONN uniform. in fact, posts like that would be deleted by the mods as incredibly inappropriate. so again, where is the proof? years ago? come on ice, you are better than that. and to allude that "anyone who reads the board regularly should have been well aware" is a cheap shot.
eric, I gave you the example of the "waste of a scholarship" thread. Nan, noted its existence, too, and mentioned an edit but it was up in its original form for awhile. Actually, I went looking for the thread and I couldn't find it. The OP may have requested it be taken down. Someone did make that request of a thread recently, it might have been that one. Sorry that you don't remember it.

The thread in question had several responses noting that Heather returning would not cost any recruit a scholarship because UConn would only have 13 scholarships in play next year and 15 is the maximum allowed.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
eric, I gave you the example of the "waste of a scholarship" thread.
ice, i said it before and i'll say it again. you said "THE NEGATIVES WERE UNWARRANTED" in response to "Heather has taken a lot of junk from message boards over the course of her career". BOTH comments directly said that there were at least several (ie. more than one) and implied that it was pervasive and widely spread across the board. if you simply are referring to one example that was subsequently deleted by the mods then you are wrong. i'm willing to let this go but please stop defending your comment, unless you really believe it's true. then i will continue to call you out as being 100% wrong.

This board does NOT have ANY kind of history of trashing, demeaning, or bashing Heather in an overly critical way. never happened, never will. there has NEVER been a groundswell of support for ANY kind of comment calling her a waste of a scholarship. to imply that this board has ever gone there is simply untrue and wrong to point the finger and try to paint the entire board over 1 comment that was apparently deleted.

i'd still like you to explain all the negatives on this board OVER THE COURSE OF HER CAREER regarding heather that were unwarranted. since you are unable to do so i'll simply assume you know you are incorrect but are unwilling to say so on the board. let's just move on.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Ice and Eric are now tied with 226 likes. Should I break the tie??

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
ice, i said it before and i'll say it again. you said "THE NEGATIVES WERE UNWARRANTED" in response to "Heather has taken a lot of junk from message boards over the course of her career". BOTH comments directly said that there were at least several (ie. more than one) and implied that it was pervasive and widely spread across the board. if you simply are referring to one example that was subsequently deleted by the mods then you are wrong. i'm willing to let this go but please stop defending your comment, unless you really believe it's true. then i will continue to call you out as being 100% wrong.

This board does NOT have ANY kind of history of trashing, demeaning, or bashing Heather in an overly critical way. never happened, never will. there has NEVER been a groundswell of support for ANY kind of comment calling her a waste of a scholarship. to imply that this board has ever gone there is simply untrue and wrong to point the finger and try to paint the entire board over 1 comment that was apparently deleted.
Yes, I said they were unwarranted and I still think they were. I never said they were your comments. Sorry that you don't agree but that it fine with me.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yes, I said they were unwarranted and still still think they were. I never said they were your comments. Sorry that you don't agree but that it fine with me.
again ice you completely are missing the point and not answering the question. WHERE ARE THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS OVER THE COURSE OF HER CAREER that you keep referring to? one thread that was subsequently deleted is not a history of junk over the course of her career. i'm sorry that you can't see it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
again ice you completely are missing the point and not answering the question. WHERE ARE THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS OVER THE COURSE OF HER CAREER that you keep referring to? one thread that was subsequently deleted is not a history of junk over the course of her career. i'm sorry that you can't see it.
I can name you the exact posters but that serves no purpose. There are three, maybe who regularly slam her. You are acting like I am the only one who has noticed it I am not.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It appears to me that Eric and Ice have a difference of opinion on what is negative. And whether or not those comments are "junk".

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I can name you the exact posters but that serves no purpose. There are three, maybe who regularly slam her. You are acting like I am the only one who has noticed it I am not.
no ice, i'm not. you are referring to one thread. one single thread. you keep ignoring the fact that the OP talked about the "junk over her entire career" and you agreed with that with the negative posts that were unwarranted. if you had said you were talking about one single thread that had posts deleted this conversation would have been over a long time ago. but you did not. you continued to defend yourself that the comments were pervasive and spanned Heather's entire career.

now that you've altered your original point to one single thread that had comments deleted, it makes much more sense. too bad you didn't say that in the first place and we could have avoided all this unpleasantness.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I am not referring to a single thread I used one thread as an example. I am not going to going wading through 10,000s of posts to fulfill your needs.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is easy. Treat the players as you would your daughter if she had a poor game. Encourage her. Players feel bad enough when they have a poor game or are in a slump or are struggleing. How would you like to be Bill Buckner and be remembered for the ground ball that went through you legs in the World Series againest the Mets?

Some of the posts about players make me cringe. Im a parent and I know there are parents and coaches who read this board and I know for a fact they dont like some of the remarks made about the girls. I also know the coaches and athletic staff read this board. What would you do if a Tenn fan came on this board and started knocking a UConn player? Whats the difference between a Tenn fan saying it and one of our Boneyarders? I think it would serve everybody much better if we choose our words carefully as not to offend our players, their parents or coaches.

Reaction Score
Two weeks from Christmas. I feel like this is a warmup for the traditional "spitting match" that passes for post-Christmas dinner conversation at my house between my husband and his siblings. Both sides argue endlessly, never giving the other an inch, nor willing to concede anything.

I love my families, my real family and my virtual BY family. But man, they tire me out sometimes!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I mostly lurk over here, but I think Geno has been much harder on Buck than this board has. In fact, I always felt the positive commentary belied her actual production.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes, there was a "waste of a scholarship" post comment regarding Heather. The post was spotted and trimmed of the offensive sentence without altering the gist of the Boneyarder's post.

Ah ha, so I didn't see it. Knew I hadn't seen anything like that.

It's funny, though. Some posters that don't want others to have harsh words for the players have no problem insulting their fellow posters.

Ah the balefulness of anonymity.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is like watching a slow motion train wreck. I'd lock the thread but it's 6 more days until the next game and we don't have anything else to look at.
Train wrecks are awesome. (unless you're on the train of course - even then they're still kinda awesome)

( I apologize to anyone in advance who might have died in a train wreck, or might have known someone who did.)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is easy. Treat the players as you would your daughter if she had a poor game. Encourage her. Players feel bad enough when they have a poor game or are in a slump or are struggleing. How would you like to be Bill Buckner and be remembered for the ground ball that went through you legs in the World Series againest the Mets?

Buckner screwed up. He was a pro making mega-bucks to play well and he cost the Red Sox the series. What should he be remembered for? I'm still p.o.'d at him.

Some of the posts about players make me cringe. Im a parent and I know there are parents and coaches who read this board and I know for a fact they dont like some of the remarks made about the girls. I also know the coaches and athletic staff read this board. What would you do if a Tenn fan came on this board and started knocking a UConn player? Whats the difference between a Tenn fan saying it and one of our Boneyarders? I think it would serve everybody much better if we choose our words carefully as not to offend our players, their parents or coaches.
I'm a parent, too, and I hate criticism of my kids even when it's deserved - just despise it. But parents are supposed to feel that way, it's part of the job description. I've heard from many parents through the years and some, Tim Conlon comes to mind, were extremely upset about what he read on the Boneyard (rightfully so, the attacks on Maria were horrible). But more parents say their daughters have heard far worse from their high school or other coaches.

The vast majority of parents and UConn staffers that read the board think we're clueless, and they'd be right. Some of the conclusions that people come to or extrapolations from minimal facts are just mind-boggling. More people in the know laugh at the goofiness here than get upset by it.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

You never fail to brighten my day Tony.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
This is like watching a slow motion train wreck. I'd lock the thread but it's 6 more days until the next game and we don't have anything else to look at.

Nah - Don't lock it. This is fun. Nuthin' at all to do with Heather Buck, just a pizzing contest over absolutely nothing. I'm waiting for DD to break the "like" tie so that I can tie it back up and then we can have another thread on who has the highest "like" percentage.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Nan if people think this board is goofiness then you should refer them to the Tenn board for a real laugh . LOL

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"Buckner screwed up. He was a pro making mega-bucks to play well and he cost the Red Sox the series. What should he be remembered for? I'm still p.o.'d with him."

I was a Red Sox fan for as long as I can remember. Way back in the dark ages where the Sox could be depended on to suck every year. Then, after 35 years of abuse and disappointment came '86. This was year. And then Buckner blew it. I quit being a baseball fan that year. I had enough. When they won the world series I just didn't care. I didn't watch a single game.

There are those on the BY that would say "so he missed one grounder. Think of all the ground balls that he caught that year." And those that would say "Buckner sux". Therin lies the difference and it will never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom