Joel Ntambwe (UNLV Transfer) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Joel Ntambwe (UNLV Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Have to plan for only 12 spots.

Better to plan for having more scholarships. Get the commits. Then if schollies don't open up, you take the biggest priority, and break the hard news to the rest.

It's a hell of a lot harder to make up ground late than it is to cut bait.

Reaction Score
Better to plan for having more scholarships. Get the commits. Then if schollies don't open up, you take the biggest priority, and break the hard news to the rest.

Chill out dude. Just a game

Reaction Score

That really doesn't seem like how Hurley operates. I'm pretty sure he's never had a transfer as a coach and he's pretty proud about that.

Reaction Score

Sure, but that was in response to a specific post that mentioned getting down to 13 and had specific names written out. I was clarifying the scholarship restriction.

Unless that post was made by Dan Hurley. Then, he should definitely plan for more, which he will with the information he’s gotten through the end of season meetings.

Reaction Score
That really doesn't seem like how Hurley operates. I'm pretty sure he's never had a transfer as a coach and he's pretty proud about that.
I really doubt that. It’s really stupid if so. Some kids
1)don’t develop or
2)were misevaluated or
3)conflict with the culture

And
can go other places and play and have a great experience vs sitting for 4 years and doing little to nothing. This is a big business. There’s a reason L$U paid hundreds of thousands for the current roster esp Waters, Naz Reid. Or Alabama in hoops and football or FSU buying guys in both sports for decades.

It’s not bad for a kid to go somewhere and contribute. Often all parties win. Not always. But to never have a transfer would be foolhardy and put oneself at a competitive disadvantage.

These are 18-19 year old kids it’s easy to make a mistake on them on and off the court.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
A couple things on Ntambwe; his recruitment made no sense he wasn’t even ranked coming out of high school by the major sites yet was highly regarded held offers from Tennessee, Florida State, Clemson, Wichita State, Virginia Tech, Providence. At one point we were even linked to him, under KO. Someone earlier said that he’s a stretch 4 but he’s really not he’s a wing/point forward, like a poor man’s Cam Reddish. He shoots the ball extremely well, with range, was shooting 43% from 3 at one point mid season ended the season just under 40%.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This player makes sense for us, Hurley is focusing on building a program . I would feel pretty good looking ahead to 2021 with Ntambe, Gaffey , Bouknight , Alok , Polley and Carlton on the roster. If Gilbert is still on the team and we land another big I would feel very good about the future.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Yeah but:
  1. This is the big leagues. Things operate differently at this level.
  2. Far more pressure to win immediately than any of the other places. T
  3. hese aren't his guys. And a few aren't high major guys.
  4. He did the right thing last year. This year, he'll give very honest evaluations about lack of playing time. Some kids won't want to be stuck on the end of the bench.
And really what I was referring to is how every program of consequence operates. You gotta over recruit. Or you'll eventually find yourself in KO situations, trying to make up ground late.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This player makes sense for us, Hurley is focusing on building a program . I would feel pretty good looking ahead to 2021 with Ntambe, Gaffey , Bouknight , Alok , Polley and Carlton on the roster. If Gilbert is still on the team and we land another big I would feel very good about the future.

I wouldn't count on Akok in 2021.

And Polley will have graduated. Unless you're talking about the 2020

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1553993960801.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors