Joel Ntambwe (UNLV Transfer) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Joel Ntambwe (UNLV Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Firing is murkier than coach taking a new job. I know firing was part of the same initial proposal of transfer eligibility though
Yes self-serving but kids should be allowed to transfer & play right away if the head coach leaves a program for whatever reason. When a coach leaves a program the remaining players future is in the hands of the new coach who can have an entirely different vision about the players he wants.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
This would be a very nice addition.

Also, bringing in a transfer that will have to sit a year probably adds more fuel to the speculation that we’ll have more than one roster opening

Reaction Score
Yes, yes, yes. A ton of connections here, Hurley and staff make it happen.

Ntambwe is a stud and it also doesn't hurt his younger brother is Jonathan Kuminga. Don't let him off campus.
Oooohhhh there’s a wrinkle. Lock Him Up

Reaction Score
I apologize if it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but he has some interesting connections.

EDIT: some confusion on my end, for some reason in my head I thought Kimani Young was at one point involved with the NY Rens AAU team.
Hurley is really connected here, is good buddies with Ntambwe's mentor. Tom Moore has a relationship with him and Andre LaFleur was the point man in getting Ntambwe to UNLV.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He’s sitting one and playing three - it seems like players seeking waivers have better luck pretending that someone’s sick or something. He should try to mention his great-grandmother’s battle with gout if he does transfer.

Saw UNLV a few times this year. He looked very good against BYU and Boise, less good last week in the MWC tourney game. His game definitely overlaps with Wilson and Polley, just with a motor that’s more like the former and much better than the latter.

He’d be a nice add.

Reaction Score
I think he has a good shot at a waiver.
Oh man. Your bare post is just cruel.
Reminds me of the classic party head-game. Walk up to somebody at the party, casually say, "I just want to let you know that I, personally, have no issue with you being here," and then quickly walk away. Lol.

Reaction Score
Chief cuts hair? I knew it- makes total sense.
They are giving waivers for football kids at will now. I don’t think they need any hardship just can’t have former school like St. John’s completely against it like was case for wilson

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So I haven’t been following super closely.

What is the projected depth chart for next year? And yes - I understand the expectation is that someone listed below probably exits early.

5 - Carlton/tbd person
4 - Akok/Diarra/tbd person
3 - Wilson/Polley/Whaley
2 - Vital/Gaffney/Adams
1 - Gilbert/Bouknight/tbd person

I have fourteen slots, guess that is one too many? If so, I think someone in the 3 or 4 slot leaves so we can add another guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom