Joel Ntambwe (UNLV Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
Might as well derail this thread even more than it's already been derailed:

View attachment 41790

I do love the idea of Hurley and Pikiell swapping jobs. It just makes sense UConn boy, one of Calhoun's first recruits. We know he won't leave us etc.. Hurley is Jersey and will likely jump to his next coaching step when he gets the chance. But this guy's argument is not all there. Love the effort though.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I do love the idea of Hurley and Pikiell swapping jobs. It just makes sense UConn boy, one of Calhoun's first recruits. We know he won't leave us etc.. Hurley is Jersey and will likely jump to his next coaching step when he gets the chance. But this guy's argument is not all there. Love the effort though.
What has pikell accomplished? Has he made a tournament at rutgers?

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score

I just said this guy's argument is wrong? Just said I like the idea of it.

But he got Stony Brook to their first tournament appearance. Even got a kid a chance at the NBA from Stony Brook. He still has some things to prove, but Rutgers is a much tougher job than UConn, so hopefully he can do it! Denying Pikiell is a good coach would be silly, but again not what I was really commenting on here.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Pay KO for what? Again, he was offered $2.5M before this nightmare started and refused it. Now he has zero bargaining chips other than some misinformed members of the public.
This thread is typical of where many threads have gone on the BY lately - we talk about getting a transferring player and it turns into a cat fight, pissing on others.

On that misinformed garbage my friend Chief00-
There are folks who know some things and believe it or not have more accurate info than even you
You are best with your recruiting juice op eds and what's happening in the Civic Center's (yeah I still call it that) men's room!

Back to Ntambwe - he has ability and potential but UConn needs bigs and needs them now. It's getting late on the recruiting scene and still there hasn't been much verifiable chatter on where DH and staff stand with bringing some help in this area - that concerns me
Ex Guards can recruit guards - we've seen that in coaching circles and ex bigs can recruit bigs ala, Patrick E
Can DH bring in legit bigs? I think/hope he can but he hasn't in his past and this league (right now) is not where the legit bigs are flocking.
I like the two guards he has signed for next year - solid players and will get better under DH. Akok concerns me, not as far as skill set- in person he is really skinny - hopefully he will hit the weights. I spoke with him after a recent game and he said that the staff has him on a weight/muscle training program but that "it's hard" Nice kid though he doesn't talk much. Big hands and long arms
I'd take Ntambwe but not at the price of someone who can play next year and help
I'm not from the school that it's ok to not expect much next season because it's a work in progress. DH is getting paid big bucks and the record this year was disappointing but injuries hampered progress (as it had the two previous years). He has to finish higher in the league and get into some postseason play with a winning record. I have faith it will be better.

Reaction Score
Ah, the many stages of a Boneyard Recruiting Thread.

1. News about potential recruit
  2. Actual analysis of potential recruit
  3. Comparison of recruit to former player
  4. Four page argument about whether potential recruit is better than former player
  5. Someone insults Chief
  6. Chief appears
  7. Two page argument about Chief
  8. Someone brings up Ollie
  9. Seven pages arguing about Ollie
  10. Someone tries to bring conversation back to recruit
  11. That person is summarily insulted
  12. Unprompted two-message discussion about pizza or beer
  13. Someone brings up Hamidou Diallo or Diamond Stone
  14. "We should drop football and join the Big East"
  15. Six more pages on arguing about dropping football
  16. Recruit gets offer from Kansas
  17. Despair

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Give Pikiell his due. He took over a terrible team, a team with no history of meaningful achievements, one that Hurley turned down even though many believed he was the prime choice due to his NJ roots and success there, and has it on an upward trajectory. Plus he got the first Omoruyi.

Reaction Score

4. Four page argument about whether potential recruit is better than former player
  5. Someone insults Chief
  6. Chief appears
  17. Despair
Literally laughed out loud with 5,6,7!

Reaction Score

5. Someone insults Chief
  6. Chief appears
  17. Despair
Good take but you left out some moaning and whining about our conference affiliation, which admittedly there is some truth to it.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

5. Someone insults Chief
  6. Chief appears
  17. Despair
Someone needs to print and frame this.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Chief haters have an ax to grind with the world ... misplacing it on a great boneyard personality! Good thing Chief appears to take the haters in stride... sign of a solid individual.
Chief not only doesn’t deserve the hate, he deserves more appreciation. I say put him up as a husky of honor, or at least create some sort of boneyard equivalent to the huskys of honor and have him as the inaugural inductee.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Chief not only doesn’t deserve the hate, he deserves more appreciation. I say put him up as a husky of honor, or at least create some sort of boneyard equivalent to the huskys of honor and have him as the inaugural inductee.

Only if his speech is published on YouTube.

Reaction Score
Well done Irish. I knew it was good when I started laughing out loud. Watching my yanks down 3-1 to the Orioles again and needed a lift.

Yanks hitting is more painful than any of their injuries. Sorry going to be a very long year for us.

Reaction Score
Right on Mau, 11 guys out and could be long term for some. 65 strikeouts in 6 games yikes. Didn't see this coming after a solid spring. Very early so that's a positive.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score

5. Someone insults Chief
  6. Chief appears
  17. Despair
You forgot the debate about actual height and weight.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
This thread is typical of where many threads have gone on the BY lately - we talk about getting a transferring player and it turns into a cat fight, pissing on others.

There are folks who know some things and believe it or not have more accurate info than even you
You are best with your recruiting juice op eds and what's happening in the Civic Center's (yeah I still call it that) men's room!

Back to Ntambwe - he has ability and potential but UConn needs bigs and needs them now. It's getting late on the recruiting scene and still there hasn't been much verifiable chatter on where Dan Hurley and staff stand with bringing some help in this area - that concerns me
Ex Guards can recruit guards - we've seen that in coaching circles and ex bigs can recruit bigs ala, Patrick E
Can Dan Hurley bring in legit bigs? I think/hope he can but he hasn't in his past and this league (right now) is not where the legit bigs are flocking.
I like the two guards he has signed for next year - solid players and will get better under Dan Hurley. Akok concerns me, not as far as skill set- in person he is really skinny - hopefully he will hit the weights. I spoke with him after a recent game and he said that the staff has him on a weight/muscle training program but that "it's hard" Nice kid though he doesn't talk much. Big hands and long arms
I'd take Ntambwe but not at the price of someone who can play next year and help
I'm not from the school that it's ok to not expect much next season because it's a work in progress. Dan Hurley is getting paid big bucks and the record this year was disappointing but injuries hampered progress (as it had the two previous years). He has to finish higher in the league and get into some postseason play with a winning record. I have faith it will be better.
maybe its Kimani who brings in a big or three

C

Chief00

Back to Ntambwe - he has ability and potential but UConn needs bigs and needs them now. It's getting late on the recruiting scene and still there hasn't been much verifiable chatter on where Dan Hurley and staff stand with bringing some help in this area - that concerns me
Can Dan Hurley bring in legit bigs? I think/hope he can but he hasn't in his past and this league (right now) is not where the legit bigs are flocking.
I like the two guards he has signed for next year - solid players and will get better under Dan Hurley. Akok concerns me, not as far as skill set- in person he is really skinny - hopefully he will hit the weights. I spoke with him after a recent game and he said that the staff has him on a weight/muscle training program but that "it's hard" Nice kid though he doesn't talk much. Big hands and long arms
I'm not from the school that it's ok to not expect much next season because it's a work in progress. Dan Hurley is getting paid big bucks and the record this year was disappointing but injuries hampered progress (as it had the two previous years). He has to finish higher in the league and get into some postseason play with a winning record. I have faith it will be better.

Colleagues, I stand behind the informal conversation in Houston between Dave Benedict and KO, prior to KO getting fired for cause. KO would be in a lot better place today if he took the $2.5 million and walked without “fired for cause” on his resume and Google history.
I bet if he could turn back time, he would take that sum and coach again.
Another minor correction, Cliff was at a Gampel urinal not XL (aka Civic Center).

Reaction Score
Colleagues, I stand behind the informal conversation in Houston between Dave Benedict and KO, prior to KO getting fired for cause. KO would be in a lot better place today if he took the $2.5 million and walked without “fired for cause” on his resume and Google history.
I bet if he could turn back time, he would take that sum and coach again.
Another minor correction, Cliff was at a Gampel urinal not XL (aka Civic Center).
Where is the $10million dollar donor that DB line up to pay the buyout. This info was from you at the same time as the conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom