Joe Moorhead rumors (and others) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Joe Moorhead rumors (and others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Or just an echo chamber.
Very well could be but they're not just piggybacking and rereporting the original Yahoo report. There's definitely more than a bit of smoke that Moorhead is out as a candidate.

Reaction Score
Very well could be but they're not just piggybacking and rereporting the original Yahoo report. There's definitely more than a bit of smoke that Moorhead is out as a candidate.

How do you know that?

Reaction Score
How do you know that?
From Fox Sports Aaron Torres:

Can confirm @YahooForde report on Joe Moorhead and UConn. While flattered by rumors, he has no interest in leaving Penn State right now

From Rich Walsh KDKA in Pittsburgh:

Penn State Offensive Coordinator Joe Moorhead is not going to UConn. Moorhead will remain with PSU next year. More on KDKA-TV at 6.

Again, they're reporting it on their own and not simply rereporting Forde's story. Doesn't mean they're all positively right, but it does mean there's some wheels to the story that Moorhead may not be a candidate beyond random Twitter musings.

Reaction Score

Can confirm @YahooForde report on Joe Moorhead and UConn. While flattered by rumors, he has no interest in leaving Penn State right now

Penn State Offensive Coordinator Joe Moorhead is not going to UConn. Moorhead will remain with PSU next year. More on KDKA-TV at 6.

Again, they're reporting it on their own and not simply rereporting Forde's story. Doesn't mean they're all positively right, but it does mean there's some wheels to the story that Moorhead may not be a candidate beyond random Twitter musings.

Again. What else does a guy say before he coaches in the Rose Bowl? That's what he is supposed to say.

Reaction Score
Again. What else does a guy say before he coaches in the Rose Bowl? That's what he is supposed to say.
Of course you're right on that, though we don't know the exact source of these reports. All I'm saying is there are multiple credible sources reporting that he's not a candidate. Not that he 100% isn't coming here.

The only report that would almost surely close the door on JM would be Forde saying they want to move in 24-48 hours on a new hire. If true, I have difficulty seeing it be JM, instead a FCS head coach, Schiano/Miles/RE/Golden, or otherwise.

Reaction Score
Of course you're right on that, though we don't know the exact source of these reports. All I'm saying is there are multiple credible sources reporting that he's not a candidate. Not that he 100% isn't coming here.

Sure. Pat Narduzzi said the same stuff. It's the industry standard.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Moorhead at least have a discussion with Benedict. I had an occasion in my career where I was positive I didn't want to take a job and someone said, "I know your position, but let's talk." Out of courtesy I did, and the offer blew my doors off. I couldn't refuse and took the job. Why couldn't the same happen to Moorhead? I know he could hold out for a P5 job but that may never come. There are no certainties in life.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Moorhead at least have a discussion with Benedict. I had an occasion in my career where I was positive I didn't want to take a job and someone said, "I know your position, but let's talk." Out of courtesy I did, and the offer blew my doors off. I couldn't refuse and took the job. Why couldn't the same happen to Moorhead? I know he could hold out for a P5 job but that may never come. There are no certainties in life.

Exactly.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
They all say they're not going, until they're gone. I agree that the 48-hour window is concerning though, if he was coming he'd probably insist on not announcing before they play - then he becomes a distraction

Reaction Score

"Yeah, the minute the game's over, I'm headed for UConn. That oughta get them motivated before I exit..."

Reaction Score
Well following this developing story and knowing my Cowboys play the Lions tonight I believe the following
Golden No
Moorehead No
Schiano No
Edsall I think so
Another run first coach?

Reaction Score
Maybe it was Moorhead's last word and maybe not. We were patient on the Diaco announcement and it arrived a week early. We can be patient on this too.

Reaction Score
I love how many complain and they say they don't want to see a "retread", yet mass around here want Moorehead and Orlando. If they were to become head coach they would be exactly that. One candidate, the OC from Auburn needs to be a serious consideration. The connection there is a no brainer."up and coming" thats what UConn can afford

Reaction Score
Neither has been a head coach @ the FBS level? A connection to UConn in a previous capacity is not a "retread".
To me it is. But thats fine from your perspective.

Reaction Score
I understand the skepticism over any coach denying he is interviewing or has interest in another job, but Moorhead will likely be next year's big name for a P5 job. Why would he take a non-P5 job, which many here think, even under the best of circumstances is a three-year rebuild?
He's one year away from the big P5 stage and big money. Even if UConn ponies up heavy cash as an inducement, it is only half of the equation for a guy like Moorhead who has his sight set on a P5 opportunity.

Reaction Score
I understand the skepticism over any coach denying he is interviewing or has interest in another job, but Moorhead will likely be next year's big name for a P5 job. Why would he take a non-P5 job, which many here think, even under the best of circumstances is a three-year rebuild?
He's one year away from the big P5 stage and big money. Even if UConn ponies up heavy cash as an inducement, it is only half of the equation for a guy like Moorhead who has his sight set on a P5 opportunity.

I think we all (most, for sure) agree with you. But we sure hope that if we can get his ear, DB gives him a big enough offer that he at least thinks twice. He is not assured a big time job next year. Ya never know what can happen. Injuries, unforeseen struggles, who knows, etc. A $3 plus million buck check isn't the easiest thing to turn down when you haven't made that type of $ yet.

Reaction Score

Because he's coached here before, has had success, and feels that experience will make him successful as the head guy. Right now it looks like his stock is only rising and he'll have p5 opportunities next year but you never know. Also, all p5 jobs aren't the same.

Not saying it will happen, but I think that's the argument. If we didn't have a connection to him I'd say no chance.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I love how many complain and they say they don't want to see a "retread", yet mass around here want Moorehead and Orlando. If they were to become head coach they would be exactly that. One candidate, the OC from Auburn needs to be a serious consideration. The connection there is a no brainer."up and coming" thats what UConn can afford
Up and coming?
I heard that used with FHCBD a few years ago

Reaction Score
Why would that matter? The OC. Kiffin is leaving and his team is in the CFP.

I don't know if he's out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom