Joe Moorhead rumors (and others) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Joe Moorhead rumors (and others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well following this developing story and knowing my Cowboys play the Lions tonight I believe the following
Golden No
Moorehead No
Schiano No
Edsall I think so

Reaction Score
You should pay attention.

P5 Jobs are so hard to get. Perfectly wonderful candidates just flailed ... PJ Fleck & Greg Schiano & Les Miles & Lane Kiffin. Moorhead ain't at that stature. Best to prove yourself in FBS.

I agree with your premise but I wouldn't include Fleck. I think it was his lack of interest not vise-versa. Plus, didn't he refuse to even interview before his bowl game was concluded?

Reaction Score
You should pay attention.

P5 Jobs are so hard to get. Perfectly wonderful candidates just flailed ... PJ Fleck & Greg Schiano & Les Miles & Lane Kiffin. Moorhead ain't at that stature. Best to prove yourself in FBS.

Fleck didn't interview for a P5 job. He turned down Purdue (awful gig), Baylor (toxic), and even Cincinnati. Oregon would've been his only realistic shot but that'd be a major change for him so it could've been a mutual pass on both sides. There were virtually no desirable and realistic P5 jobs for him this year.

Reaction Score
Well following this developing story and knowing my Cowboys play the Lions tonight I believe the following
Golden No
Moorehead No
Schiano No
Edsall I think so

So who do you really root for tonight?

Reaction Score
Fleck didn't interview for a P5 job. He turned down Purdue (awful gig), Baylor (toxic), and even Cincinnati. Oregon would've been his only realistic shot but that'd be a major change for him so it could've been a mutual pass on both sides. There were virtually no desirable and realistic P5 jobs for him this year.
And Moorhead interviewed for Purdue. We do have a chance.

Reaction Score
Wow, just wow, I have no words other than to say I'm totally shocked.

Best of luck to coach D.

Reaction Score
And Moorhead interviewed for Purdue. We do have a chance.
Of course we have a chance, but it's far from a slam dunk. If we didn't have a personal connection to Moorhead my guess is there'd be no chance.

Reaction Score
Of course we have a chance, but it's far from a slam dunk. If we didn't have a personal connection to Moorhead my guess is there'd be no chance.
Can't complain about a stroke of luck, can we?!

Reaction Score
Fair. That said, I don't see him as anything to write home about and would likely be another boring HC hire for us. His credentials amount to three garbage time wins in 2013. No thanks.

Also, someone else brought up Fleck again....HES NOT COMING HERE.
Weist has done a great job wherever he goes. "Garbage time" is so wrong. You're living in the fantasy that we could easily do what was was done. It's the only winning streak and high level offensive production we ever achieved in 6 years. Garbage time was watching us get blown out 130-3 and losing to Tulane as a final insult.

Reaction Score
Just my guess, but I think Moorhead will stay at Penn State another year (which should be a good one) with the hopes of landing at a Power 5 conference school for 2018. UConn's lack of a major conference affiliation really hurts in this regard.

Agree. Don't know why Moorhead would take this job. He is a hot commodity who will land a job in a P5 conference within two years for a school where it is much easier to recruit.

Reaction Score
I think we are likely overrating the "personal connection" factor. One thing that Diaco got right, that is in UConn's favor is the "University of" factor, not a lot of those jobs. He knows about the facilities and how they compare, which is a good thing (as well as having seen that fans will support a winner at UConn). He's also seen that if you can deliver in a winnable AAC you can parlay that into a high-major P5 opening, vs. what right now would be a low-P5 opening (potentially impossible situations at a Purdue or a BC, etc). To come here he would have to feel that the money was right (can't underestimate that), and that this is a winnable situation in the near-term. If he doesn't feel it is (winnable, near-term) and he feels he can build on this season in Happy Valley.. it's a much tougher sell.

Reaction Score
Seeing reports that Moorehead is staying at Penn State.

Reaction Score
Agree. Don't know why Moorhead would take this job. .

This is easy to answer:

1) Money

2) We are so bad right now Moorhead looks like a Genius if he turns the program around

3) If Moorhead comes here and does well and Franklin flops without Moorhead, guess who becomes a top candidate to be Penn State's next coach.

Reaction Score
Living down here in football country, I'm hoping we get Les Miles but that's just a dream. The guy can recruit w anyone including Saban. We will be a top 25 team in year 1 , hands down! And if he decides to leave later on he would left the program in great shape.

Reaction Score
Zero shot at Fleck.

Also tweeted by (Nathan?) is Moorheads replacement at Fordham Andrew Breiner. Was grad assistant at UConn under Joe while he was here and became Passing Game coordinator at Fordham under Joe.

Orlando would be interesting. I'm not interested in Weist, no P associations please. Schiano....Eh. RE, Golden, other retreads - no.
Moorhead has to be first choice.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Living down here in football country, I'm hoping we get Les Miles but that's just a dream. The guy can recruit w anyone including Saban. We will be a top 25 team in year 1 , hands down! And if he decides to leave later on he would left the program in great shape.
No way any coach gets us into the Top 25 in year one, even if we got Saban or resurrected Bear Bryant. First he'd have to flush out the current roster and bring in his recruits. Maybe in year three we'd get to Top 25 with Miles. I just want to be competitive next season instead of the laughing stock of college football.

Reaction Score
No way any coach gets us into the Top 25 in year one, even if we got Saban or resurrected Bear Bryant. First he'd have to flush out the current roster and bring in his recruits. Maybe in year three we'd get to Top 25 with Miles. I just want to be competitive next season instead of the laughing stock of college football.
Saban brings in players w him...recruiting season is still open. He's that good. And who cares if it's not season 1 but the buzz would be like no other before in Husky history.

Reaction Score
Some reporting from Fox Sports as well as a TV station in PA confirming Moorhead is not a candidate and will stay at PSU. More smoke accumulating that he is not coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom