Joe Moorhead rumors (and others) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Joe Moorhead rumors (and others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just my guess, but I think Moorhead will stay at Penn State another year (which should be a good one) with the hopes of landing at a Power 5 conference school for 2018. UConn's lack of a major conference affiliation really hurts in this regard.

Reaction Score
UConn fires Diaco after 3 years, offensive woes

Penn State offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead is expected to be a candidate for UConn's vacancy. Moorhead will coach Penn State against USC on Jan. 2 in the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual.

Dayum. From ESPN.com.
15.9 pts a game over a 3 yeast stretch unacceptable? And the number one reason for fans leaving in droves. We have been the most boring team in the country and we don't win.

I I have to believe as much as I love Orlando this is going to be an offensive hire

Reaction Score
If we get Joe back to UConn or not, let's at least get a offensive minded Head Coach for a change.

Reaction Score
So who could it be besides Moorhead?

T.J. Weist - Still OC at USF, who put up HUGE numbers this year. Was passed over for the HC job in favor of Charlie Strong
P.J. Fleck - One of the hotter small-school coaching names out there after turning Western Michigan around. Have to think he's waiting for a B1G job tho
Randy Edsall - We all have to admit that 1) it might be Burton who wrote a check to get rid of Diaco, and 2) that could mean Randy's return
Greg Schiano - Can recruit & win in the northeast, currently AHC for Ohio State
Al Golden - Was good at Temple but a disaster at Miami. Currently TE coach for the Lions

Any other names I'm forgetting?

You certainly can't think Edsall is not a realistic option giving the circumstances, his previous success here, and his current employment status.

Another name who was getting a lot of well deserved play before Diaco was hired is former OC Rob Ambrose who at the time couldn't interview because he was preparing his team (Towson University) for the FCS National Championship game, and don't forget he brought his team into the Rent 2 years ago and beat Diaco. Quality guy, great track record, and like Moorehead and Edsall he has a history at UConn.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I'm good with wither Todd Orlando or Joe Moorehead. If Orlando comes, hope we can hire TJ weist back.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Makes sense for Diaco's buyout to be effective January 2nd. It's a day after Diaco's buyout $ drops considerably. But that's also the date PSU plays USC in the Rose Bowl.... hmmmm :cool:

Reaction Score
If we get Joe back to UConn or not, let's at least get a offensive minded Head Coach for a change.

You certainly can't think Edsall is not a realistic option giving the circumstances, his previous success here, and his current employment status.

Another name who was getting a lot of well deserved play before Diaco was hired is former OC Rob Ambrose who at the time couldn't interview because he was preparing his team (Towson University) for the FCS National Championship game, and don't forget he brought his team into the Rent 2 years ago and beat Diaco. Quality guy, great track record, and like Moorehead and Edsall he has a history at UConn.

Reaction Score

Current employment? A non coaching job in Detroit?

Reaction Score
Just my guess, but I think Moorhead will stay at Penn State another year (which should be a good one) with the hopes of landing at a Power 5 conference school for 2018. UConn's lack of a major conference affiliation really hurts in this regard.

I agree. I think he has his eye on a different job in New England, but I dare not speak their name on this board.

Reaction Score
If Moorhead wants this job it would be a big bump perception wise for UConn.
I think he is very well regarded and the perception if his career path is well thought of at this time.

It makes a statement that he would think highly enough of Uconn to take this job at this point in his career. Particularly because he has been a coach here already.

Hope this happens. Would be a huge get.

Reaction Score
As a Penn State Alum and die hard fan of the Blue and White it would be a definite blow to lose Moorhead, but if you guys get him you are getting a great coach. It will definitely be interesting to see play out.
We're familiar with him. He coached here.

Reaction Score
Thinking outside of the box: Moorhead is great & would be my choice. BUT, UConn needs to make a splash after the debacle that is the post-Edsall era. It is necessary to hire an eye-opener for recruiting purposes, for future realignment purposes, & in general, just to let the rest of FBS know that UConn is serious about relevancy in football. The Old Ball Coach is languishing in retirement, Benedict has SEC ties, & this hire would make headlines all the way to American Samoa. Just sayin'.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm good with wither Todd Orlando or Joe Moorehead. If Orlando comes, hope we can hire TJ weist back.
Do they have any connection other than having been at UConn at different times? I'd rather see a HC make their own hire of someone with something other than UConn on the OC's resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom