Joe Cremo (Grad Transfer) - Official Interest | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Joe Cremo (Grad Transfer) - Official Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
To be clear my post wasn’t about race at all, just the fact that Ollie isn’t a coach right now. I was just ribbing gcam. Guess it opened a whole different can of worms.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
OK- I've watched enough video on this kid Cremo. He wouldn't have gotten off Calhoun's bench. There is a reason he went to Albany. Keep the scholarship and give it to an incoming freshmen and build a team, otherwise your Albany not UCONN.
This is ridiculous the kid is a 6'4 senior guard who averaged 18 points a game and shot 46% from 3 last year. He would be in the rotation on most if not all of JC's teams. This kid is getting offers from Ohio State and Arizona. He can and will contribute for any school he chooses. We have a major need next year for guards and shooters to spread the floor. He checks both boxes would be a great get for us.

Reaction Score
He has all th skills as far as ball handling, shooting, defense. Gets to the goal easily. Glue Kid who hustles. He dominated locally since his Soph year; then went to a good nearby UAlbany program. He’s proven in a good league. Against good competitio
You had me at "glue kid who hustles."

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
OK- I've watched enough video on this kid Cremo. He wouldn't have gotten off Calhoun's bench. There is a reason he went to Albany. Keep the scholarship and give it to an incoming freshmen and build a team, otherwise your Albany not UCONN.
So tie up a scholarship for 4 years on some uncommitted in April riffraff? Sounds great.

Reaction Score
So tie up a scholarship for 4 years on some uncommitted in April riffraff? Sounds great.

Seriously. Cremo is good for 6 off the bench, spacing the floor, and a good bbiq.

Worth the risk if we cant reel in a late top 50 guy

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
you got caught in the cross fire. there are many posters here who have implied or outright stated that Ollie didn't want any white kids
yeah, they're trolls who only post when things are bad

Reaction Score
"Wouldn't have gotten off Calhoun's bench" is a ridiculous standard for the types of players we should have on our roster next year, Hurley recruiting uptick or not...especially considering a kid who was the last denizen of JC's doghouse (Daniels) played a significant part in our most recent tourney run. And besides, Calhoun went up against schools of the caliber of Arizona, Louisville, and Ohio State many times when recruiting HS players. I would've thought that nobody would be griping about the quality of player we'd be getting by going head-to-head with those schools today. Oh well.

It's quite clear that you don't follow college basketball very closely given the abundance of transfers from lower-level schools that are seeing or are primed to experience success. Florida's Egor Koulechov averaged ~14 and 6 while shooting nearly 40% from 3 after coming from Rice in Conference USA, a year after the Gators boasted a grad transfer from College of Charleston as their best bench option on an Elite 8 team. Missouri increased their 2016–17 win total by 150% on the backs of 16 PPG and a 43% 3PT rate from a guard from Canisius. Xavier garnered a one seed after moving a transfer from Wisconsin-Green Bay averaging 10.9/4.5 into their starting lineup. Clemson made the Sweet 16 after being led in scoring by a guard whose first stop was Robert Morris. Auburn's Desean Murray put up 10/7 in his first year after transferring from Presbyterian. Texas and Miami have transfers from Mount St. Mary's who sat out this past year. Shall I continue?

What you also seem to be missing is that taking the right transfer instead of a freshman is a perfectly effective way to "build a team." Each team in the final four this past year had at least one transfer in the rotation; two won MOP honors in their tournament region (Michigan-Matthews and Kansas-Newman), one won Conference POY (Loyola-Custer), and the other has been a solid rotation piece all year long (Villanova-Paschall). Would any of those teams have made it as far as they did if they rejected each transfer out of hand and went with a freshman simply for the sake of going with a freshman?

College basketball is evolving, and thankfully the foolish "big time programs don't use transfers" attitude you espouse is becoming less common every day.

That's a great post, but it looks like you're responding to a troll.

Reaction Score
Any insinuation that Ollie is racist is vile.

That said, it's quite obvious that Ollie, as an incredibly successful, young, black coach who came outta South Central L.A. would be a coach for whom young black men would want to play. That's one of the reasons that Ollie's career prospects seemed so unlimited - his ability to recruit young African American, inner city talent was potentially massive.
That, of course, could lead to Ollie being able to land more highly ranked black players than white players. Nothing insidious, and nothing improper.

Reaction Score
Uhm excuse me? Were in the big ten. You are in the American which is worse than the MAC. Good luck trying to get this guy or anyone else rated better than 2 stars - Rutgers fans, probably.

And the last time the B1G won a national championship is...............? 18 years ago.

Reaction Score

If only my grandfather was still alive we would have him locked up in five minutes. Being a Polish immigrant, he settled in New Britain (Britski), and liked the local brew, Cremo, so much he bought the stock. Sadly, Cremo went out of business by the time I could legally buy it in the 60's so I'm unfulfilled so to speak.
It would be fulfilling if Cremo came on board and was our Divicenzo next year.......

Reaction Score
I have my issues with Kevin Ollie, but any implications that he is a racist man are absurd and without merit.
Any insinuation that Ollie is racist is vile.

That said, it's quite obvious that Ollie, as an incredibly successful, young, black coach who came outta South Central L.A. would be a coach for whom young black men would want to play. That's one of the reasons that Ollie's career prospects seemed so unlimited - his ability to recruit young African American, inner city talent was potentially massive.
That, of course, could lead to Ollie being able to land more highly ranked black players than white players. Nothing insidious, and nothing improper.
I think there’s a lot of accuracy here. I think KO enjoyed being able to mentor kids from backgrounds similar to his, and to maybe be a bit of a father figure to some kids. I’ve had problems with his roster and staff construction but never tried to insinuate any racism. He’s a high character guy who just didn’t run a good program. Other than commenting about a future job he gets or something positive, I won’t comment on KO anymore. I love UConn basketball and the future of our program. It’s Dan Hurley’s program now and I’m excited to see how he can restore the program to excellence again.

Reaction Score
If only my grandfather was still alive we would have him locked up in five minutes. Being a Polish immigrant, he settled in New Britain (Britski), and liked the local brew, Cremo, so much he bought the stock. Sadly, Cremo went out of business by the time I could legally buy it in the 60's so I'm unfulfilled so to speak.
It would be fulfilling if Cremo came on board and was our Divicenzo next year..

Slow down, DiVincenzo is still gonna be DiVincenzo next year and probably the year after. In the middle of the first half after he had just swished 2 3's, I said to my buddy, how does he not avg 30 a game? Whenever I see Nova he's amazing. I wish that dude was graduating, his presence makes me less likely to want to go down to MSG for this Christmas season... Hoping we get a couple of bodies for next season to entice me to buy tickets

Reaction Score
It would be fulfilling if Cremo came on board and was our Divicenzo next year..

I assume if this kid comes here, he would start next to Adams

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Everybody knows Ollie loves white Russians, just ask the bartender at Grant's in WeHa.
giphy.gif

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nope. I assure you, it is far more insidious than that--maybe not the first post, but the later ones represent a subcurrent on this board.
I doubt most of that current was anything more than that some people who were angry over the past several seasons needed to throw stones at KO. There was a lot of stuff that was thrown out that probably was exaggerated or outright lies.

This doesn't excuse people who resort to this type of crud. I'm all for calling out things that are not going well, but this need to destroy someone because our lives are ruined by a bad season is pitiful.

Reaction Score
I doubt most of that current was anything more than that some people who were angry over the past several seasons needed to throw stones at KO. There was a lot of stuff that was thrown out that probably was exaggerated or outright lies.
Meh. Cesspool tells you all you need to know about an undercurrent here. Promise you that, for some, it goes well beyond KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom