Joe Cremo (Grad Transfer) - Official Interest | The Boneyard

Joe Cremo (Grad Transfer) - Official Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
kJPujMe.png

Reaction Score

Fairly high usage 6-4" guard. Sniper obviously jumps out, but not just a spot up shooter. Draws a lot of fouls (60% more FTA than Jalen) and distributes the ball, too. Main weakness to his game statistically is a relatively poor 2pt shooting % (not clear if he shoots poorly at rim, takes too many long 2s, or both... has declined each year as he's taken bigger share of offense.). Takes care of ball; Lower TO% this year than Jalen's best.

Reaction Score
Local kid to Albany lead his team (Scotia) to back to back state titles if I remember correctly.

I can’t remember the particulars of when he as recruited.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
imo vital polley and this kid would be a nice shooting trio. Add in hopeful improvements by our other players, and our shooting should be solid.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Does he have two years or one left as a grad transfer?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Sounds good. I'd still like Akinjo or another pg too.

Reaction Score
Played at Albany because he played inside in HS, including the post. Became a guard at Albany and has done well. Committed to Albany early in Junior year, had a great relationship with Coach Brown. Appears pretty confident that he can play at higher level. I have seen him play several times, he is good, but I am not sure how good he would be at a high level. He is extremely hard worker and is worth a look, for sure. Still shocked that he and roomie chose to leave at this stage of their careers.

Reaction Score
Why was this guy playing at Albany to begin with?

Not to be dismissive ...

But, if you don’t play the elite AAU circuit, you can be missed. Cremo played in a damn good Suburban Council with a good coach. He was a stud. But unlike 35 years ago, Dean Smith ain’t walking through that door. (See Sam Perkins from same league). He has all th skills as far as ball handling, shooting, defense. Gets to the goal easily. Glue Kid who hustles. He dominated locally since his Soph year; then went to a good nearby UAlbany program.

He’s proven in a good league. Against good competition. With good coaching. At a University that is academically rigorous. I just think you can be overlooked - easily- if you aren’t connected.

Reaction Score
Not to be dismissive ...

But, if you don’t play the elite AAU circuit, you can be missed. Cremo played in a damn good Suburban Council with a good coach. He was a stud. But unlike 35 years ago, Dean Smith ain’t walking through that door. (See Sam Perkins from same league). He has all th skills as far as ball handling, shooting, defense. Gets to the goal easily. Glue Kid who hustles. He dominated locally since his Soph year; then went to a good nearby UAlbany program.

He’s proven in a good league. Against good competition. With good coaching. At a University that is academically rigorous. I just think you can be overlooked - easily- if you aren’t connected.

He didn’t compete in the Suburban councill.

Suburban council was Averill Park, Ballston Spa, Bethlehem, Burnt Hills, Colonie, Columbia, Guilderland, Mohonasen, Niskayuna, Saratoga, Shaker and Shenendehowa in 2014 and it added CBA, Troy, Schenectady and Albany when the old Big 10 dissolved and those 4 old Big 10 schools competed in the Suburban beginning in fall 2015.

Scotia-Grenville normally just referred to as Scotia is a single A school and is a member for the Foothills Council Conference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69