Joe Cremo (Grad Transfer) - Official Interest | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Joe Cremo (Grad Transfer) - Official Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Worth a shot for a year. Think he would create a lot for our other guys when on the floor.if he can truly shoot like that consistently you'd have no choice but keep a man on him.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if there is any mutual interest? Pretty tough competition to land him.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If I am him, I'm looking for a shot to play in the Dance and get showcased a little.

Reaction Score
OK- I've watched enough video on this kid Cremo. He wouldn't have gotten off Calhoun's bench. There is a reason he went to Albany. Keep the scholarship and give it to an incoming freshmen and build a team, otherwise your Albany not UCONN.

Reaction Score
If he does we’re the best option rep wise out of seton hall or Rutgers
Uhm excuse me? Were in the big ten. You are in the American which is worse than the MAC. Good luck trying to get this guy or anyone else rated better than 2 stars - Rutgers fans, probably.

Reaction Score
I really don't think we are getting this dude.

Time travel back to 1987 ... stick your head in the sand (snow) ... and Whine a little. S'il vous plaît

Reaction Score
This kid, Cox, and the URI recruiting class:

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
He didn’t compete in the Suburban councill.

Suburban council was Averill Park, Ballston Spa, Bethlehem, Burnt Hills, Colonie, Columbia, Guilderland, Mohonasen, Niskayuna, Saratoga, Shaker and Shenendehowa in 2014 and it added CBA, Troy, Schenectady and Albany when the old Big 10 dissolved and those 4 old Big 10 schools competed in the Suburban beginning in fall 2015.

Scotia-Grenville normally just referred to as Scotia is a single A school and is a member for the Foothills Council Conference.

I am 20 years behind. Dinosaur. WarrenPrehmus was the STAR at Scotia Grenville when I was in HS.

But I did see Cremo play in Sectionals & at UALBANY (where I teach).

Reaction Score
Why was this guy playing at Albany to begin with?
For a good reason: Linky

Cremo, a 6-foot-4 guard out of Scotia (N.Y.), didn’t go through the recruiting process in high school. In fact, Cremo committed to Albany during his junior season, before it got started. He never took an official visit and didn’t even play AAU basketball.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
OK- I've watched enough video on this kid Cremo. He wouldn't have gotten off Calhoun's bench. There is a reason he went to Albany. Keep the scholarship and give it to an incoming freshmen and build a team, otherwise your Albany not UCONN.

"Wouldn't have gotten off Calhoun's bench" is a ridiculous standard for the types of players we should have on our roster next year, Hurley recruiting uptick or not...especially considering a kid who was the last denizen of JC's doghouse (Daniels) played a significant part in our most recent tourney run. And besides, Calhoun went up against schools of the caliber of Arizona, Louisville, and Ohio State many times when recruiting HS players. I would've thought that nobody would be griping about the quality of player we'd be getting by going head-to-head with those schools today. Oh well.

It's quite clear that you don't follow college basketball very closely given the abundance of transfers from lower-level schools that are seeing or are primed to experience success. Florida's Egor Koulechov averaged ~14 and 6 while shooting nearly 40% from 3 after coming from Rice in Conference USA, a year after the Gators boasted a grad transfer from College of Charleston as their best bench option on an Elite 8 team. Missouri increased their 2016–17 win total by 150% on the backs of 16 PPG and a 43% 3PT rate from a guard from Canisius. Xavier garnered a one seed after moving a transfer from Wisconsin-Green Bay averaging 10.9/4.5 into their starting lineup. Clemson made the Sweet 16 after being led in scoring by a guard whose first stop was Robert Morris. Auburn's Desean Murray put up 10/7 in his first year after transferring from Presbyterian. Texas and Miami have transfers from Mount St. Mary's who sat out this past year. Shall I continue?

What you also seem to be missing is that taking the right transfer instead of a freshman is a perfectly effective way to "build a team." Each team in the final four this past year had at least one transfer in the rotation; two won MOP honors in their tournament region (Michigan-Matthews and Kansas-Newman), one won Conference POY (Loyola-Custer), and the other has been a solid rotation piece all year long (Villanova-Paschall). Would any of those teams have made it as far as they did if they rejected each transfer out of hand and went with a freshman simply for the sake of going with a freshman?

College basketball is evolving, and thankfully the foolish "big time programs don't use transfers" attitude you espouse is becoming less common every day.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
For a good reason: Linky

Cremo, a 6-foot-4 guard out of Scotia (N.Y.), didn’t go through the recruiting process in high school. In fact, Cremo committed to Albany during his junior season, before it got started. He never took an official visit and didn’t even play AAU basketball.

Well then... I guess when you know where you want to be, no need...

Reaction Score
As someone who grew up in Albany and raised kids in Albany ... they can by Uber parochial in thought. Part of that is any basketball knowledge of kids going to top Programs from any of the 13 counties surrounding the region. There’s Jimmer Fredette. The HS coaching staffs just reinforce that mindset.

Albany City Rocks has been a solid AAU Program. But Cremo has less peer peripherally than a CT kid ... particularly with our Prep schools near.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Welcome to The Boneyard; great first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom