JimCalhoun needs to retire gracefully...... | The Boneyard

JimCalhoun needs to retire gracefully......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JC needs to retire gracefully and stop making comments that undermine KO. He has had his days in the sun and should be a bigger man....... just go and stop hinting you will coach again.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It's generally understood that he's done everything he can to make sure Ollie is his long-term successor. Whatever he's doing, it's not undermining Ollie.

Reaction Score
Nobody tells JC what to do, that's the way of the world.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
swing-and-a-miss.jpg

Swing and a miss by the OP.

Reaction Score
JC needs to retire gracefully and stop making comments that undermine KO. He has had his days in the sun and should be a bigger man....... just go and stop hinting you will coach again.

Wasn't he asked a question to which he responded "You can never say never"???

That's undermining Ollie and/or not retiring gracefully? Has he said anything whatsoever to indicate that he doesn't support Ollie as the long term head coach at UConn?? This post is insane.

Reaction Score
Guys like calhoun, larry brown and knight have coaching in their dna

Reaction Score
Think I need to take a break from this board, the stupidity is not good for my blood pressure.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Think I need to take a break from this board, the stupidity is not good for my blood pressure.
Better yet use all of our insane and crazy ways at looking at the world as a means to reduce the impact people have on you. If people want to smash boards with their hand they work at reducing the pain in their hands. Or think of Adam Sandler in the "Waterboy" telling Henry Winkler what to do to reduce the impact his former coach had on his life.

Of course, without seeing your face or hearing your voice, your post could just be a tongue and cheek thing to dig the OPoster. I suspect this is the case.

Reaction Score
Agree big time. His ego does not let him realize how hated he is by many. He has his very good side of course but after the hall induction nothing can over come the chip. Including himself......

Reaction Score
Agree big time. His ego does not let him realize how hated he is by many. He has his very good side of course but after the hall induction nothing can over come the chip. Including himself......

Funny thing is most guys who are as successful as JC and alike are "hated by many" and most of those many are just jealous wannabe's........but most UConn fan's aren't amongst those that hate because nothing the UConn athletic department has exists without him!!!! He has a right to be around still and if someone asks a question why not answer it honestly??

Reaction Score

No one has been a bigger supporter of Kevin Ollie then JC, so he is answering a reporters question giving an honest answer. Its JC decision what he wants to do not yours or does he need permission from you.

Reaction Score
No one has been a bigger supporter of Kevin Ollie then JC, so he is answering a reporters question giving an honest answer. Its JC decision what he wants to do not yours or does he need permission from you.
And yet, he can't avoid making comments that undercut his hand picked successor...

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
It's very simple. Coach Calhoun is saying to Warde: If you don't extend Ollie, you will get me. So you had better do it now or else.
^ This
JC wants Ollie to be the next coach. If he isn't, JC's basically saying "I'll throw it out there that I want to come back and there's no way you can't hire me. But if Ollie has a long term contract, I'll shut up."

Reaction Score
And yet, he can't avoid making comments that undercut his hand picked successor...

Guess it depends on how smart you are and how you take an answer from someone to a media question? :eek:.......c'mon you can't be that dumb free?

Reaction Score
^ This
JC wants Ollie to be the next coach. If he isn't, JC's basically saying "I'll throw it out there that I want to come back and there's no way you can't hire me. But if Ollie has a long term contract, I'll shut up."
Problem is that Manuel might call his bluff...then what?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why doesn't JC do or say something to help the program instead of himself for a change?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Jim needs to stop. He's making life harder for Ollie and UConn than it has to be.

He and Jeff Jacobs both had it right this week. Calhoun was right when he said he had no filter and Jeff had it right when he said that while all of us know that Calhoun is full of s*** about coaching again, the rest of the country doesn't know how to take it.

He undercut himself and the program with the constant dithering about retirement over the past few years and talking about coaching again does nothing to help Ollie. He has no leverage over Herbst or Warde, so it's time to just stop.

Ollie is well on his way to getting a nice three-year deal from UConn after the new year - a far better contract, by the way, then he would have gotten in September.

And Jim gets the role of Godfather of UConn basketball...all he has to do now is back off and let KO do what he's doing.

Reaction Score
Maybe JC comes back to the bench as KO's assistant coach when Blaney retires at the end of the season..

How cool would that be? Young coach with the best of the best to help out anyway he can.

Reaction Score
You are right. He doesn't need my permission to continue being a selfish blow hard.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Jim needs to stop. He's making life harder for Ollie and UConn than it has to be.

He and Jeff Jacobs both had it right this week. Calhoun was right when he said he had no filter and Jeff had it right when he said that while all of us know that Calhoun is full of s*** about coaching again, the rest of the country doesn't know how to take it.

He undercut himself and the program with the constant dithering about retirement over the past few years and talking about coaching again does nothing to help Ollie. He has no leverage over Herbst or Warde, so it's time to just stop.

Ollie is well on his way to getting a nice three-year deal from UConn after the new year - a far better contract, by the way, then he would have gotten in September.

And Jim gets the role of Godfather of UConn basketball...all he has to do now is back off and let KO do what he's doing.

Word.

And the conspiracy theorists love to think that JC is the reason for the 7 month contract and now sending smoke signals that he may be there the following day. Remember, ha was coming back if not for a hole in the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom