JimCalhoun needs to retire gracefully...... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

JimCalhoun needs to retire gracefully......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Maybe JC comes back to the bench as KO's assistant coach when Blaney retires at the end of the season..

How cool would that be? Young coach with the best of the best to help out anyway he can.

Yeah, one Kentan Facey defensive lapse and its "Get him the duck* outta there Kevin!!!!"

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Some need a sense of humor.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
Now im just getting a weird feeling about all of this, maybe JC is just taking a year off, watching things from a far knowing this is a rebuilding year with no postseason, checking in with Ollie and the coaching staff every now and then. Maybe there is a reason why Ollie was only signed to a 1 year contract.

Reaction Score
Now im just getting a weird feeling about all of this, maybe JC is just taking a year off, watching things from a far knowing this is a rebuilding year with no postseason, checking in with Ollie and the coaching staff every now and then. Maybe there is a reason why Ollie was only signed to a 1 year contract.
Oh my gosh! The guy says a thousand things that backs up KO, and answers a question about coaching again in let's just say in not the smartest way, we conclude he wants to stab KO in the back to get his job back. Please!!!!

I bet JC himself thought after the comment he made, "good grief, why did I say that!" He's just a guy who has coaching in his blood and is finding it hard to turn the page. How many times have we heard ex-athletes and ex-coaches say they struggle with moving on, though in their heart of hearts they realize their time has passed and it's time to take on new things. This whole thread is much ado about nuttin'.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Some need a sense of humor.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.
That would remove a lot of entertainment from these forums.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Oh my gosh! The guy says a thousand things that backs up KO, and answers a question about coaching again in let's just say in not the smartest way, we conclude he wants to stab KO in the back to get his job back. Please!!!!

I bet JC himself thought after the comment he made, "good grief, why did I say that!" He's just a guy who has coaching in his blood and is finding it hard to turn the page. How many times have we heard ex-athletes and ex-coaches say they struggle with moving on, though in their heart of hearts they realize their time has passed and it's time to take on new things. This whole thread is much ado about nuttin'.
Exactly. I came away this JC's comment was tongue in cheek. But what do I know.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jim needs to stop. He's making life harder for Ollie and UConn than it has to be.

He and Jeff Jacobs both had it right this week. Calhoun was right when he said he had no filter and Jeff had it right when he said that while all of us know that Calhoun is full of s*** about coaching again, the rest of the country doesn't know how to take it.

He undercut himself and the program with the constant dithering about retirement over the past few years and talking about coaching again does nothing to help Ollie. He has no leverage over Herbst or Warde, so it's time to just stop.

Ollie is well on his way to getting a nice three-year deal from UConn after the new year - a far better contract, by the way, then he would have gotten in September.

And Jim gets the role of Godfather of UConn basketball...all he has to do now is back off and let KO do what he's doing.

C'mon the guy just retired and someone asked would you ever coach again. What would expect that answer to be other than well no but you never say never? Jacobs is a world class jackass who obsesses about Jim Calhoun to the point that it is creepy. He must have been Jonesing pretty severely, so when he got a chance to take shots at a man who has accomplished far more professionally and given far far more to community then he ever will, well he jumped on it. It is pitiful when you think about it. Why you let one man's creepy obsession get your panties in a bunch, I can't figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom