Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 54 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

Reaction Score
I really love the way Mora has shaped and continues to build his staff. It seems more fluid and adaptable to the times than anything we've seen here. I think think Mora pulls it together sooner rather than later and really surprises some people next year. I think we'll have a good shot at winning the majority of out games.

Reaction Score
Not sure if has been mentioned, but the post above regarding the Madi Harris announcement included a quote on Destiny Wilson joining the recruiting staff.

It was very short lived stay for Destiny as she has already accepted a position at LSU on Brian Kelly’s new staff as the On-Campus Recruiting coordinator.

008.png

Reaction Score
You slobbered over the staff last summer.
To be fair the last class was rated pretty high (relatively speaking of course) until Edsall "retired" and recruits decommitted. I think Edsall is going to fall in the Pasqualoni mold soon. Edsall still knows football and can most likely still be a position coach on defense. I hoped he could catch the magic he had the first time around, but it just didn't work this for many reason. It sucks that it happened, but I think he left the program in a better place than when it was handed to him. So at least he laid a foundation for Mora to build on.

Reaction Score
You slobbered over the staff last summer.
I did see some improvement from their norms and gave encouragement. I recognized what the assistant coaches and recruiting staff had to overcome given Randy’s rigidity. My criticism you responded to was directed towards Randy by name. Hence, making that distinction.

Reaction Score
As mentioned in another thread Errin Joe is no longer listed, but I noticed Uconn has a new add to Jim Mora's staff-
Mickey Grace- Analyst - Offense

image_handler.aspx

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
As mentioned in another thread Errin Joe is no longer listed, but I noticed Uconn has a new add to Jim Mora's staff-

image_handler.aspx

Everyone loves the girl on the grass, but no one wants to be the guy who hires the girl to be on the grass.“

Good stuff.

Reaction Score

image_handler.aspx

Thanks for sharing, great story. Wishing her great success ahead.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This seems like a good hire. Especially since the first thing I thought of when I saw "Rams" was Rhody.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe this has been said already, but Erin Joe our director of recruiting from Georgia Tech has bounced to Alabama.

Reaction Score
To be fair the last class was rated pretty high (relatively speaking of course) until Edsall "retired" and recruits decommitted. I think Edsall is going to fall in the Pasqualoni mold soon. Edsall still knows football and can most likely still be a position coach on defense. I hoped he could catch the magic he had the first time around, but it just didn't work this for many reason. It sucks that it happened, but I think he left the program in a better place than when it was handed to him. So at least he laid a foundation for Mora to build on.
I disagree. I think he left the program in shambles! ... I think Edsall 1.0 was worthy of a statue, if he stayed and went bowling every other year. But, I knew we were doomed when he said that 'the players had 2 years to learn the schemes". The schemes sucked beforehand! But his arrogance led to our demise! ... I hope Corey finds a good job and Randy just retires in Jax. ... But if I see him at St.D's , I will shake his hand.

Reaction Score
As I reflect on Jim Mora all I can think is how can he possibley manage all the staff he's brought in AND the staff he's brought in will not only produce a better onfield product but also, as with the hiring of Kevin Poles, lead to better lives long term for all players who come to UConn.

Is it not far too soon to be reflective about the Mora era?

How many of these staffers do you think report directly to him? I'd be surprised if he has more than 5-6 people directly reporting to him.

As I tried to explaining to others here, we're seeing a quite a few admin and logistical hires.

For one you are managing the whole roster. All of these kids have to monitored for academics and other issues, someone has to work with the professors. Do you really want the Offensive Coordinator spending time on something like this? No, you don't.

How many kids do you think we are recruiting at any given point? How many classes? Who keeps tabs on the social media, messaging and engagement, coordinating visits etc. Do you really want the Wide Receiver Coach booking flights? Nope.

Maybe, just maybe if Randy had evolved and been a bit more progressive in his staffing, his people would have produced more. They were getting paid less to work harder than most other coaches I bet.

Reaction Score
Maybe this has been said already, but Erin Joe our director of recruiting from Georgia Tech has bounced to Alabama.

Just the nature of the business. Sucks to have to fill that hole but at least we know that we are attracting quality people who are in demand.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How many of these staffers do you think report directly to him? I'd be surprised if he has more than 5-6 people directly reporting to him...Maybe, just maybe if Randy had evolved and been a bit more progressive in his staffing, his people would have produced more.
I mean how did Bear Bryant do it? Spending most of his time up in that tower. I guess we can give Randy some credit for the current emphasis on the need to beef up the staff.

Reaction Score
I am not defending Randy, but this looks a lot like the age-old story. Budget restrictions deny the previous guy the tools to succeed. He gets fired. The new guy comes in and gets all those tools to do the job.

I've been away skiing for awhile and have not kept up. Has UConn attracted anyone from the portal yet that might make an impact on the OL or DL?

Reaction Score
I am not defending Randy, but this looks a lot like the age-old story. Budget restrictions deny the previous guy the tools to succeed. He gets fired. The new guy comes in and gets all those tools to do the job.

I've been away skiing for awhile and have not kept up. Has UConn attracted anyone from the portal yet that might make an impact on the OL or DL?
Yes. OL Jake Guidone looks like a surefire starter at center, and Sequoia McDuffie looks like he could slide in to Travis Jones' spot at DT.

Reaction Score
Pffft. No way Randy would have the vision to hire these people. He’s too old and set in his ways. Sound familiar?

And even if he did nobody high caliber would want to work for him anyway.

Reaction Score
Pffft. No way Randy would have the vision to hire these people. He’s too old and set in his ways. Sound familiar?

And even if he did nobody high caliber would want to work for him anyway.
I'm with you on this one. Randy was too stuck in his ways because of the success he had here the first time. The game changed greatly even while he was at Maryland where he did have the money to succeed. Take all biases out for a second and compare Edsall to say someone like Nick Saban. Saban is older and has coached about just as long as Edsall. You would think Saban would have fallen into the same trap coaches like Edsall and Pasqualoni, hell even Paterno did. And there was a few years where Saban's teams were just that a little bit slower than some of the other top teams in the SEC and they tried to game managed by grind the ball. Instead of beating his head against the wall like Edsall, Saban adjusted by hiring staff that adapted to today's game. Good coaches coach, great coaches adapt.

Reaction Score
I'm with you on this one. Randy was too stuck in his ways because of the success he had here the first time. The game changed greatly even while he was at Maryland where he did have the money to succeed. Take all biases out for a second and compare Edsall to say someone like Nick Saban. Saban is older and has coached about just as long as Edsall. You would think Saban would have fallen into the same trap coaches like Edsall and Pasqualoni, hell even Paterno did. And there was a few years where Saban's teams were just that a little bit slower than some of the other top teams in the SEC and they tried to game managed by grind the ball. Instead of beating his head against the wall like Edsall, Saban adjusted by hiring staff that adapted to today's game. Good coaches coach, great coaches adapt.
Not a chance with Saban falling into the same trap... You see how he recruits former D1 Head coaches year in and year out that get canned? He's keeping ideas fresh... We didn't do that here....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom