Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 55 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

Reaction Score
Yes. OL Jake Guidone looks like a surefire starter at center, and Sequoia McDuffie looks like he could slide in to Travis Jones' spot at DT.
Excellent.

Still some holes but there is still time.

Reaction Score
Not a chance with Saban falling into the same trap... You see how he recruits former D1 Head coaches year in and year out that get canned? He's keeping ideas fresh... We didn't do that here....
Exactly. But there was a few years where Alabama was looking a step behind everyone else and was just trying to clock manage games to win like UConn was. Difference was Saban adapted. Edsall didn't.

Reaction Score
Back to the topic @ hand:

Mora, PC, and several others Twitter following Mickey Grace - defensive assistant for Dartmouth football. Wonder if we'll see her added to UConn staff.
As mentioned in another thread Errin Joe is no longer listed, but I noticed Uconn has a new add to Jim Mora's staff-

Mickey Grace- Analyst - Offense

image_handler.aspx

Reaction Score
Interesting that they have her working on the offensive side of the ball, with receivers when her prior experience (coaching/playing) was with the D-Line. WR/DL rarely interact so it'll be a good learning experience for her as she continues her career.

Reaction Score
I'm with you on this one. Randy was too stuck in his ways because of the success he had here the first time. The game changed greatly even while he was at Maryland where he did have the money to succeed. Take all biases out for a second and compare Edsall to say someone like Nick Saban. Saban is older and has coached about just as long as Edsall. You would think Saban would have fallen into the same trap coaches like Edsall and Pasqualoni, hell even Paterno did. And there was a few years where Saban's teams were just that a little bit slower than some of the other top teams in the SEC and they tried to game managed by grind the ball. Instead of beating his head against the wall like Edsall, Saban adjusted by hiring staff that adapted to today's game. Good coaches coach, great coaches adapt.
Saban is part CEO and part Coach. Being great at both is what sets him apart. And good luck to Mickey Grace. Hope she can be put in a position to succeed and contribute.

Reaction Score
Mora > Sabin in many ways. Successful in college AND NFL. Not a Demi-god. Nothing questionable in his approach. We are very lucky to have him and I can’t wait to see where this goes
Saban had the luck of coaching under Belichick, then having pretty much unlimited funding at LSU, was ok at Miami, but didn't stay long enough to really build a resume one way or the other, and was given keys to the kingdom at Alabama where he can and was able to do anything he wanted. Saban is still a great coach, but he was giving a silver platter in terms of success. Mora is showing that he was definitely a better hire than Kelly was at UCLA. Had a lot of success in the NFL and is update with the modern college game because of his analyst job on TV. Mora will have a lot of success here, but unfortunately Saban will always be talked about as the next Bryant just because of the luck he found himself in.

Reaction Score
I love the mora hire and what it has done in terms of a shot in the arm. But are we really suggesting that anyone could’ve gone to bama and won 6 nattys and countless SEC championships? And if the argument is that he had unlimited funding (and he does), see Texas, fsu, Miami, Nebraska and countless other programs who throw money at problems thinking it’ll fix everything.

Again, couldn’t be happier to see smiling Jim leading us back. Let’s focus on a return to a relevance and not get caught up in delusions of grandeur.

Reaction Score
I love the mora hire and what it has done in terms of a shot in the arm. But are we really suggesting that anyone could’ve gone to bama and won 6 nattys and countless SEC championships? And if the argument is that he had unlimited funding (and he does), see Texas, fsu, Miami, Nebraska and countless other programs who throw money at problems thinking it’ll fix everything.

Again, couldn’t be happier to see smiling Jim leading us back. Let’s focus on a return to a relevance and not get caught up in delusions of grandeur.
Put Saban at UMass and you think he's going to have the same success there as he had at LSU and Alabama? Yes his record might be just as good, but no way he would even sniff the 10 top at UMass. Saban is a great coach, but he is in the most ideal situation where he literally only has to play 3 tough games per year then a bunch of cupcakes that artificially get inflated in stature because they're in the SEC. Saban really only has to worry about A&M, Georgia and one of the Mississippi's every year. Everyone else it pretty much average at best, but again since they're in the SEC they get this glorified aura about them making them seem like they're so much better than they actually are. I mean if Tyler didn't get hurt last year, Vanderbilt loses to UConn handedly.

Reaction Score
Put Saban at UMass and you think he's going to have the same success there as he had at LSU and Alabama? Yes his record might be just as good, but no way he would even sniff the 10 top at UMass. Saban is a great coach, but he is in the most ideal situation where he literally only has to play 3 tough games per year then a bunch of cupcakes that artificially get inflated in stature because they're in the SEC. Saban really only has to worry about A&M, Georgia and one of the Mississippi's every year. Everyone else it pretty much average at best, but again since they're in the SEC they get this glorified aura about them making them seem like they're so much better than they actually are. I mean if Tyler didn't get hurt last year, Vanderbilt loses to UConn handedly.
Good lord.

Reaction Score
lol wow. Guess LSU/Auburn is now the Rutgers of the SEC

Reaction Score
A former football coach in enfield about 20 years ago and I had a long discussion about New Britain High and such under Jack Cochran and how great he was at Bloomfield, New Britain and then new London .

He then went, guys a great coach, but if you want to impress me do that at fermi high.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom