Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’m indifferent about the hire. Players love him and that seems like a special thing when you couple it with the losing. Few coaches remain lovable or respectable even by the players when having seasons like ours.

It’s going to be a short fuse next fall however. The defense needs further improvement and they have to figure out how to get better without Travis Jones on the field who did help lessen the burden on others in games.

Reaction Score
so, it looks like we still need two coach spots filled..... DL and Special Teams

not sure how to read why ST hasn't been filled. It's not like we are filled the OC spot...

Reaction Score
so, it looks like we still need two coach spots filled..... DL and Special Teams

not sure how to read why ST hasn't been filled. It's not like we are filled the OC spot..
There is a rumor on the ST coach as Mora has followed the one from ball state ( who play a bowl game ) after follow the individual who is now the OL coach.

Reaction Score
I know it’s a long shot but Urban Meyer for OC! Hear me out guys….

1024.jpg

Reaction Score
PLEASE ... take a pill. coachcap - can you help your fellow pharmacist out?
Relax Mr. Pudge--if we wanted him, why didn't we announce anything even prior to signing day to show any potential recruits we have continuity as well as to fans. It's not like we had to wait because he was coaching a bowl game.

Reaction Score
Like someone said, it isn't rocket science. But it IS non-linear. All you need is for the Offense to improve 10% and that by itself should improve the Defense by 15%. And then you get the feedback loop. Defense improving by 15% produces an Offensive additional improvement of .... In other words, a tipping point.

I eagerly await the blue-white game for the next clues. But first, the ski season.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, all!!!

Reaction Score
Right conference, wrong team. ;)
The Pat Collins’s account ( executive director UConn football) is following the STC of Marshall and is also being followed by the assistant athletic director for football operations at Mississippi State

Reaction Score
While Spanos may not have been the top choice, I don’t view that as a failure. The rest of the staff filled in almost immediately. It is certainly possible that the initial DC choice or two got better offers and reneged, but there has been a lot of turnover this year and jobs are available all over college football. Spanos is a Mora guy and the coincidence of Mora coming after the UConn job with Spanos being interim HC is hard to ignore. Maybe Spanos was promised a different, lesser job on the staff but ended up DC when other option(s) fell through. It is just hard to believe Spanos hooked his buddy up and planned to completely walk away.
The other defensive positions, other than the line, were filled right away so it's doubtful Spanos was offered a lesser position, unless it was Special Teams, and I don't think JM would insult him with that type offer based on their history together.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Like someone said, it isn't rocket science. But it IS non-linear. All you need is for the Offense to improve 10% and that by itself should improve the Defense by 15%. And then you get the feedback loop. Defense improving by 15% produces an Offensive additional improvement of .... In other words, a tipping point.

I eagerly await the blue-white game for the next clues. But first, the ski season.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, all!!!

Not signing on to the arithmetic but I agree with the statement that seemingly small improvements in certain areas can provide a big return on the scoreboard.

I can think of a bunch of 3rd down conversions by opponents that wouldn't have happened if we had a better pass rush and I'm certain we would have played better in thr second half is we weren't defending 10 play drives regularly.

Reaction Score
Not signing on to the arithmetic but I agree with the statement that seemingly small improvements in certain areas can provide a big return on the scoreboard.

I can think of a bunch of 3rd down conversions by opponents that wouldn't have happened if we had a better pass rush and I'm certain we would have played better in thr second half is we weren't defending 10 play drives regularly.
Yeah, the influence factors were fictional, chosen (grabbed out of the air) to make a point.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
not seeming like a future uconn assistant by the way he handled signing day yesterday on twitter.

According to this Michigan linked article, it says that Ryan is still expected to be hired at UConn:

Although take it with a grain of salt, as the article says he will be coming to UConn as a LB coach, which we know isn’t true with Diabate announced as LB coach.

Article Link

Reaction Score
According to this Michigan linked article, it says that Ryan is still expected to be hired at UConn:

Although take it with a grain of salt, as the article says he will be coming to UConn as a LB coach, which we know isn’t true with Diabate announced as LB coach.

Article Link
Good stuff. Thanks. Sounds like Osborn is still our guy on D. Not surprised the writer mis-wrote.

Reaction Score
Seems like they have a lot bigger staff than before. A GM, an Executive Director, A Director of Player Personnel, and I believe a Director of Football operations. Seems like those 5 were 1 or two people before, I could be mistaken.
What do these people do? What are their roles?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom