Jeremy Lamb to the Hornets | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb to the Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You guys need to learn what a "bust" is. Ben Gordon was absolutely not a bust.

Agreed. No way can you consider Gordon to be a bust. You don't get second and third contracts like Gordon did if you're a bust.

Reaction Score
Just because a player isn't a polarizing superstar doesn't make him a bust. You can just be a solid, good contributor to a team. Not everyone is Kobe or Lebron. Based on some of the logic on this thread, it seems there are only like 15 non-busts in the entire league.

Reaction Score
Just because a player isn't a polarizing superstar doesn't make him a bust. You can just be a solid, good contributor to a team. Not everyone is Kobe or Lebron. Based on some of the logic on this thread, it seems there are only like 15 non-busts in the entire league.
The busts still sure do love their pay rates.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ban this Troll
Mmm, maybe not. Watching this guy getting clubbed like a baby seal has been vaguely entertaining.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Yeah as of right now he is still a Thunder. He'll be gone involving some trade tonight.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Yeah as of right now he is still a Thunder. He'll be gone involving some trade tonight.
Scratch that, JLamb still going to Charlotte... but instead traded for a future 2nd rounder.

Reaction Score
Scratch that, JLamb still going to Charlotte... but instead traded for a future 2nd rounder.

Thank god, I was getting uneasy after your previous post. I can't take any more UConn related disappointment from this GM. After dangling the Shabazz/Kemba reunion in front of us at last year's draft, he better make this Lamb trade work.

I'm watching you, Cho.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
MJ has obviously been watching video of the 2011 NC & has seen what a great duo Walker & Lamb are. You can't teach that kind of chemistry. Good move all around!

Reaction Score
still not finalized. I saw a draft grade on espn, it then disappeared . not sure what is going on. maybe charlotte is exploring other options with ridnours contract in order to move up in the draft

Reaction Score
great trade for both sides. I think lamb is worth more than an expiring + future second, but he is going to have to prove it. he's got a chance now.

Reaction Score
This was always going to happen. Hornets wanted him before the trade deadline but the deal got too complicated and the price too steep. Everyone knew OKC would trade him in the offseason. MJ got his man for .70 cents on the dollar compared to the first offer. He's learning....

Reaction Score
I've never seen an owner get the criticism and praise for every single move his team makes like with MJ. Do people still not realize Rich Cho is the one making the moves?

Reaction Score
great trade for both sides. I think lamb is worth more than an expiring + future second, but he is going to have to prove it. he's got a chance now.
That's the way I see it also. I don't live in OKC but I would imagine that they are not complaiing. Brooks was a bad coach for Lamb, I hope that was his only problem down there. Nonetheless like you said he can prove it now, he does have Kemba who I believe will help him do it.

Reaction Score
The Waiters move was probably the most baffling NBA transaction of the entire year, and that's saying a lot. You got two of the best players in the world, and you're going to complement them with one of the worst spot-up shooters in the league, somebody who is not a good passer, and whose best skills are extremely redundant with his back court partner.

Then there's the part where he and Westbrook were out there in the latter half of the season free-styling on defense to the point where OKC devolved into one of the worst defensive teams in the league.
I've never seen an owner get the criticism and praise for every single move his team makes like with MJ. Do people still not realize Rich Cho is the one making the moves?
MJ is the face of the club .
If Charlotte ever does anything ,he will be the story.

Reaction Score
True, but MJ still signs off, or so I have been told. MJ is the face of the franchise. He will always get more blame/praise than deserved. Not to mention his legacy as a talent evaluator from his early days still lingers.

Reaction Score
MJ is the face of the club .
If Charlotte ever does anything ,he will be the story.
Thats the story made by those who think he is the one making all of the moves, which is incorrect. It was established a long time ago by Rick Bonnell, who is more connected to what goes on with the Hornets than anyone, that player personnel duties were handed over to Cho when he came onboard.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Wow i can't believe i didn't have this troll jsm 1970 on ignore. calling rookies and 22 year olds busts. ha
How about that: an off-season Ignore. I bet this thread will re-read much better.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
How about that: an off-season Ignore. I bet this thread will re-read much better.

The only problem is I still read the boneyard alot via Forum Runner on my phone and tablet and that ignores the ignore list! :)

Reaction Score
No way anybody that knows the league considers Ben a bust. To me, BG is the most underrated UConn star--I believe he should be considered in the Caron/Rip tier. In the pros, BG just got a new contract LAST year and is settling into a bench role in his 30s. He's had a good pro career for a 4th pick. Any NBA fan will tell you that.

Sorry, rashad, I have to disagree.

BG was phenomenal his first 4 or so years (his time with the Bulls). When he should have been in his prime (25- 30 age range), he declined to extreme mediocrity. Rip and Caron were all-stars, and Rip had longevity (sustained excellence is what I mean). Injuries aside, Caron could have had longevity as well.

BG really could have made a name for himself. He looked like he would be a perennial all-star. He did early on. But for some reason upon becoming a Piston his game plummeted. It's as if he lost all desire to be great. To me, that makes him a bust. What coulda been.

It's great that he got a new contract, but 3 pt marksmen off the bench are a valuable commodity.

He's had a good career, same with Donyell Marshall, but with the talent and being top 4 picks, more is expected, especially since, after 3 years of college, these guys weren't drafted on talent that needed time to develop. JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom