Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We're in 2015. Name the 9 lottery.

Thabeet = major bust
Lamb = bust
Kemba = solid player, can't shoot so will never be an elite PG
Rudy = got max. deal at one point
Hilton = bust
AD = my bad, will be max. player, was awful at UConn, good that we can even be associated with him
CV = journeyman, made good $$ and loves UConn, a good ambassador. A bust as a 7 pick.
Your initial post was about UConn getting guys to the NBA. How is the performance of these guys post-lottery relevant?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Criminal? No, thug yes. He's unlikeable. He was worked by Thompson and Mozgov. He's be good as long as he plays along with Steph and Klay. That is what I said.

I still don't take anything you say seriously, nor do a considerable number of posters here. Your arguments are utter sheet.

Reaction Score
I don't know why you're going to such extreme levels to self-deprecate your supposed favorite program. Has our NBA pedigree been amazing the past 7 years? Maybe not. Still better than everyone except the usual suspects.

Reaction Score
Is that what matters, really? Sullinger is 1,000x better for the C's system than a 6-7 4 like Green who can't defend legit 4s in the 1/2 court. If the C's had guards like Steph and Klay that could spread the floor then maybe it would make sense. But not for max. $$.

I still don't take anything you say seriously, nor do a considerable number of posters here. Your arguments are utter sheet.

Reaction Score
Good for him, but not UConn.

In the last 10 years UConn has not been relevant with getting guys to the NBA, a big factor for recruits.

Basically Rudy & Kemba. Beyond that not much to point to. Thabeet a top 5 bust of all time, Lamb a bust, Napier a likely bust. I guess right before then guys like BG, CV and Emeka have made a lot of time, albeit without much impact.

Hopefully going forward DHam, Adams, Larrier can get this going well again.

Are you really that stupid? You deserve a throat punch from Fishy.

Reaction Score
I'm going to hold back on seeing how Lamb does here before I assess him as a pro. Of course we were howling and moaning because Scott Brooks had this horrible personal vendetta that may or may not have been connected to the global anti-UConn conspiracy, but what if he actually sat him for basketball-related reasons?
Lamb was just never a fit in OKC. He's a natural scorer, but was playing alongside two top 5 players in the league. Brooks opted to go for experience/defense next to Durant and Westbrook, and Lamb was just never really in that picture.

That being said, his per-36 numbers are actually pretty good, and he's still very talented. He's got prototype 2-guard height and length, and is a good shooter from all levels. With a consistent role, he'll be a productive player.

Here is an interesting article calling Lamb "the next Danny Green" in the sense that he was overlooked in his first stop in the NBA, but has the talent to become a valuable piece in the right situation.

Reaction Score
Very fair point. It's the crazy conference thing again. UK picks up a top 15 kid like it's nothing and we get excited by getting a rising top 200 kid.

How many lottery picks for Pitino during that time?:(:( Self? NosePicker?

Reaction Score
I added AD, who basically was terrible at UConn, but sure we'll take credit for him.

Stupid? Really, who else would you list? CV maybe? My bad, I thought he went in 2004 draft, not 2005.

Gosh, take your Warde Manuel burrito googles off for 20 seconds.

Are you really that stupid? You deserve a throat punch from Fishy.

Reaction Score
Lamb was just never a fit in OKC. He's a natural scorer, but was playing alongside two top 5 players in the league. Brooks opted to go for experience/defense next to Durant and Westbrook, and Lamb was just never really in that picture.

That being said, his per-36 numbers are actually pretty good, and he's still very talented. He's got prototype 2-guard height and length, and is a good shooter from all levels. With a consistent role, he'll be a productive player.

Here is an interesting article calling Lamb "the next Danny Green" in the sense that he was overlooked in his first stop in the NBA, but has the talent to become a valuable piece in the right situation.

i think it was pretty laughable that brooks doghoused him when he shot better and actually played better defense than waiters. now presti is out here clearing cap space to sign freaking kyle singler lol. really excited for lamb, i have a good feeling he'll prove a lot of doubters wrong. still owns a rep as an nba talent by alot of folks around the league.

Reaction Score
It would have been Kemba, Bazz and Lamb if that trade never went through that sent Bazz to the Heat. That would have been something to see. I still think Lamb has the talent to succeed in the NBA and I hope he actually gets a legitimate shot to prove it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Good for him, but not UConn.

In the last 10 years UConn has not been relevant with getting guys to the NBA, a big factor for recruits.

Basically Rudy & Kemba. Beyond that not much to point to. Thabeet a top 5 bust of all time, Lamb a bust, Napier a likely bust. I guess right before then guys like BG, CV and Emeka have made a lot of time, albeit without much impact.

Hopefully going forward DHam, Adams, Larrier can get this going well again.
thabeet yes, lamb never played so you can't judge him, napier was injured and they just traded/are going to trade chalmers so that will help him, emeka was constantly injured and ben gordon was one of the top scorers in the league until the bulls fked up and didnt sign him he then went to the pistons which never panned out, daniels still has a shot also

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I added AD, who basically was terrible at UConn, but sure we'll take credit for him.

Stupid? Really, who else would you list? CV maybe? My bad, I thought he went in 2004 draft, not 2005.

Gosh, take your Warde Manuel burrito googles off for 20 seconds.
he wasnt terrible, he was a freshman and almost had a double double... he was too big for college... so uk should get credit for all their draft picks when those kids would be lottery picks out of high school?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Pumped, Jeremy never got a fair shake from Brooks and OKC, so glad he's getting the hell out of there. This could be a career saver, fresh start!
agreed... i hope he gets the start at sg, we'll have to see how it goes with the hornets during the offseason...

Reaction Score
We're in 2015. Name the 9 lottery.

Thabeet = major bust
Lamb = bust
Kemba = solid player, can't shoot so will never be an elite PG
Rudy = got max. deal at one point
Hilton = bust
AD = my bad, will be max. player, was awful at UConn, good that we can even be associated with him
CV = journeyman, made good $$ and loves UConn, a good ambassador. A bust as a 7 pick.
Man, you are a miserable.

Reaction Score
Hasn't UK been to the last 5 FFs or so?

he wasnt terrible, he was a freshman and almost had a double double... he was too big for college... so uk should get credit for all their draft picks when those kids would be lottery picks out of high school?

Reaction Score
Sure buddy. Green is still a useless 4 in a half court game. Whatever. You know nothing. I named 15 4s I'd take over him.

So you're not saying Thabeet and Lamb are busts? Ok.
Dude, you're picking a fight with someone who has forgotten more about basketball than you will ever know. You're doing even worse in this thread than you did in the NBA finals thread, embarrassing.

Reaction Score
yiu're right. Houston will regret they traded Lamb for Harden -- just a matter of time.

what's his college team? being serious here, idk if he's like the memphis, cuse, pc fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom