Jeremy Lamb to the Hornets | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb to the Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You guys need to learn what a "bust" is. Ben Gordon was absolutely not a bust.

You used the term was. His career is not over yet.

He wasn't early on, that's for sure. What happened to him makes him seem like a bust to me, just saying.

Reaction Score
BG isn't a bust but he's definitely been a disappointment since leaving Chicago, no idea what's going on there but he looks like the prototype for guys who get paid and stop giving a . Don't understand how he went from being a 20ppg scorer on playoff teams in Chicago to what went on in Detroit. Usually when guys go to worse teams they put up even more stats with the whole looter in a riot theory. Its not like those Bulls teams had alot of scorers when he was there(Hinrich/BG/Deng, then sub out Hinrich for rookie Rose) so its not like he was scoring off the attention paid to a bunch of other talented dudes.

Reaction Score
You used the term was. His career is not over yet.

He wasn't early on, that's for sure. What happened to him makes him seem like a bust to me, just saying.

Just saying, you're an idiot. Declining after significant success isn't "busting," it's getting worse as you age. Michael Jordan is a bust, since he's not good at basketball anymore, right?

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree, and maybe I was a bit strong in my defense of BG.

But Detroit killed many careers during the yrs BG was there (including Charlie V, unfortunately). It had nothing to do with desire and everything to do with Dumars's poor roster construction after the 04 championship and a revolving door of coaches (the team literally "mutinied" against that dude Kuester).

And to be clear, I think BGs COLLEGE career should be considered on Ray/Rip/Caron level, while his pro career has been steady and solid with a lot of bad luck beginning in Detroit. I wouldnt be surprised if he had a moment or two in the sun still if he ever finds some minutes off the bench for a playoff team.

I would hope every UConn fan would feel the same. He was amazing.

Reaction Score
Just saying, you're an idiot. Declining after significant success isn't "busting," it's getting worse as you age. Michael Jordan is a bust, since he's not good at basketball anymore, right?

So sorry you feel I'm an idiot, I am very far from such.

MJ didn't decline after his first four years in the league. BTW, there's a difference between your early 30's and late 40's and being an all-time great player and a decent (potentially great) player. BG didn't get worse with age unless he aged unusually rapidly (mid-twenties is not getting worse with age).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I realize that not everyone's a cheerleader, but one's fanhood comes into question when they view their players in a manner bordering on contempt.

Unless of course you are a fan of the Jets. Part and parcel there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The busts still sure do love their pay rates.

Jalen Rose had a comment about that tonight on the draft coverage. The basic do the math of how hard it is to actually make it to the NBA and sign even one contract and how those numbers compare to regular college grads.

His point? No one who wears an NBA uniform is a 'bust'. A disappointment? Sure. Someone who doesn't maximize their talent or opportunity? Yes.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I'm just not sure Kaminsky will be a good pro. He's a decent shooter, but the guy is so SLOW. If he doesn't speed up his feet, he wont be able to stay on the floor because guys will torch him on D.

Lamb should get some solid minutes off the bench behind Batum and MKG.

Reaction Score
Jalen Rose had a comment about that tonight on the draft coverage. The basic do the math of how hard it is to actually make it to the NBA and sign even one contract and how those numbers compare to regular college grads.

His point? No one who wears an NBA uniform is a 'bust'. A disappointment? Sure. Someone who doesn't maximize their talent or opportunity? Yes.

Maybe that's what I mean, Chin. BG is a huge disappointment to me.

Certainly an awesome Husky (and one that I loved watching at UConn and his early years in the NBA), that didn't maximize his potential or opportunity. He could have had a much better career than he has since his days with the Bulls. I wish that was the case. Not hating on the guy, but just the thought of what could have been, you know?

Reaction Score
lamb press conference, looks spacey per usual.

CIcUlhIUMAAe2BE.jpg

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So can NBA fans start calling it how it is and label MKG a bust or is it still blasphemous to talk badly about the holy Kentucky recruits? I have no idea how they saw that kids jump shot form and thought "this kid is the #2 overall pick after Davis". Charlotte could have had Andre for f sake.

Reaction Score
So can NBA fans start calling it how it is and label MKG a bust or is it still blasphemous to talk badly about the holy Kentucky recruits? I have no idea how they saw that kids jump shot form and thought "this kid is the #2 overall pick after Davis". Charlotte could have had Andre for f sake.

He's working on it. Still would rather have Drummond in the Buzz City, but you like to see the kid buy into the system and make a necessary change.

Reaction Score

In the Hornets' defense, I remember him being basically the consensus #2 guy in everyone's rankings that year. That year was Anthony Davis and everyone else. It's easy to look back and see how guys like Lillard, Andre, Beal have panned out but everyone thought MKG was the guy at the time.

Today, MKG is a top defender and the Hornets are a totally different team with and without him. His jump shot is improving every year and he's definitely capable in transition. Plus the guy is what, 22? Yeah, he wasn't the best #2 overall, but I have a very hard time saying he's a bust.

Reaction Score
In the Hornets' defense, I remember him being basically the consensus #2 guy in everyone's rankings that year. That year was Anthony Davis and everyone else. It's easy to look back and see how guys like Lillard, Andre, Beal have panned out but everyone thought MKG was the guy at the time.

Today, MKG is a top defender and the Hornets are a totally different team with and without him. His jump shot is improving every year and he's definitely capable in transition. Plus the guy is what, 22? Yeah, he wasn't the best #2 overall, but I have a very hard time saying he's a bust.

You remember correctly. It was one of those years where there was a consensus #1 pick and then a lot of guys ('97-esque), but MKG was definitely the guy most people liked with the #2 pick. Charlotte has had pretty bad lottery luck, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
He's not a bust. He's a starter when healthy. He might not be a star or worthy of the #2 but a bust? No way

C

Chief00

Alright man just let us know when you have a little more free time.

Thanks for your patience - most likely will be some time early next week. It's the off-season so relax and do other things - I will say one thing now - the big thing with Lamb is the perception of competitiveness and how that translates to defense. Does he play too passive? Remember 2012.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He's not a bust. He's a starter when healthy. He might not be a star or worthy of the #2 but a bust? No way
I think a lot of people think when you're picked that high you can't be average or a role player. Just like cauley stein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom