Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What does it matter to you anyways? Even before this you didn't think we could land a local YMCA coach, let alone Hurley. This changes nothing in your narrative.

Do you think that the magic pixie dust surrounding this program is enough to get Hurley to come on board with a postseason ban in year one?

I’m afraid the answer is no, and I’ve resigned myself to that possibility.

Reaction Score
In a thread where UConn admits being investigated by the NCAA, possibly for recruiting violations, it makes more sense to trust anonymous hearsay? The hearsay might be correct, but it’s a weird time to say it makes more sense.
It’s not weird. Nothing has been proven. We don’t even know what’s being investigated. I have a hard time believing Ollie cheated to get guys he didn’t have to cheat to get lol. It could be true obviously idk, but it’d be weird and downright pathetic

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Ugh, hopefully a minor deal like too many phone calls or something.

They eliminated those rules that they nailed Kelvin Sampson with (twice) and Calhoun. A lot of that stuff is no longer against the rules because the NCAA decided those rules were unenforceable.

Reaction Score
Do you think that the magic pixie dust surrounding this program is enough to get Hurley to come on board with a postseason ban in year one?

I’m afraid the answer is no, and I’ve resigned myself to that possibility.
You're making quite an assumption there. I wasn't aware that the NCAA had already adjudicated the program guilty and banned us from next year's tournament.

Reaction Score
This is sad. Kevin Ollie has not been implicated in anything. The program has not been implicated in anything. The report is that there has been an inquiry. The range of things that the NCAA could inquire about at any given time is endless. You don't know whether they're investigating a car payment or a coupon.

If we were 19-1 each and every one of you would be jumping to his defense. Incidentally, the people who are able to feign the most outrage over things that go on elsewhere will be the first to re-evaluate their opinions of KO based on a news anecdote that could have originated from any number of places. People are beyond two-faced on these things. The NCAA can't be this evil, corrupt organization that suddenly becomes credible when something mildly provocative that we want to confirm our narratives comes down the pipe. Look at the players on our roster. Look at the players on other rosters. You're all suckers. It doesn't matter how they get here and it never has. Any pretense otherwise is window dressing that a billion dollar industry uses to distract you from the emerging reality of what this really is.

Everybody cheats. Trying to extrapolate the extent to which we do from this is beyond illogical. The only justifiable reason for terminating his contract would be if he proved to be abnormally negligent in dotting the I's and crossing the T's. Otherwise, he is a basketball coach and you all should chill with this witch hunt. It's kind of pathetic at this point and I don't even feel particularly passionate that he be retained.

Reaction Score
"Naive" is the word that comes to mind in regard to KO on the recruiting trail.
Because of course you have first hand experience from traveling with Ollie during recruiting visits. Can you tell us what that is like? Your inside perspective from experiencing Ollie's recruiting of college basketball players would be really cool to hear for us regular people who don't get to be there to see how that happens.

Reaction Score
Its gotten to the point were I saw the bleacher report notification the we were under investigation and all I could do was laugh. It seems as if there is a limit to how much disappointment and frustration something you love can bring that you just have random emotions. All the negativity that I had is used up I need a refill.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Alternatively, how embarrassing would it be to get nabbed for violations for a player we couldn't even get to come here.
Does the name Nate Miles ring a bell?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Because of course you have first hand experience from traveling with Ollie during recruiting visits. Can you tell us what that is like? Your inside perspective from experiencing Ollie's recruiting of college basketball players would be really cool to hear for us regular people who don't get to be there to see how that happens.

Nothing gets Tenspro’s fingers to the keyboard quicker

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Anyone wonder if this might have something to do with Cobb?
It just feels like the timing of latest news with Sid Wilson and then this glorious news is not a coincidence.
The whole Sid Wilson situation has just smelled from the very start. Not saying I expected this, but it was a very odd situation to begin with.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Hopefully whatever the infraction is, it's not too serious.

On the bright side, however, it definitely provides a pathway towards getting out of that $9mil buyout. That's huge.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
It just feels like the timing of latest news with Sid Wilson and then this glorious news is not a coincidence.
The whole Sid Wilson situation has just smelled from the very start. Not saying I expected this, but it was a very odd situation to begin with.
I'm assuming too much contact once he got to St. Johns because he was going through an emotional time in his life during a big transition after just losing his mother. Because NCAA.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Hopefully whatever the infraction is, it's not too serious.

On the bright side, however, it definitely provides a pathway towards getting out of that $9mil buyout. That's huge.

Love your sig (total non-sequitor, but who cares?).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is sad. Kevin Ollie has not been implicated in anything. The program has not been implicated in anything. The report is that there has been an inquiry. The range of things that the NCAA could inquire about at any given time is endless. You don't know whether they're investigating a car payment or a coupon.

If we were 19-1 each and every one of you would be jumping to his defense. Incidentally, the people who are able to feign the most outrage over things that go on elsewhere will be the first to re-evaluate their opinions of KO based on a news anecdote that could have originated from any number of places. People are beyond two-faced on these things. The NCAA can't be this evil, corrupt organization that suddenly becomes credible when something mildly provocative that we want to confirm our narratives comes down the pipe. Look at the players on our roster. Look at the players on other rosters. You're all suckers. It doesn't matter how they get here and it never has. Any pretense otherwise is window dressing that a billion dollar industry uses to distract you from the emerging reality of what this really is.

Everybody cheats. Trying to extrapolate the extent to which we do from this is beyond illogical. The only justifiable reason for terminating his contract would be if he proved to be abnormally negligent in dotting the I's and crossing the T's. Otherwise, he is a basketball coach and you all should chill with this witch hunt. It's kind of pathetic at this point and I don't even feel particularly passionate that he be retained.

If they were 19-1... yes this would be a different story.

It got published after the biggest win of the year.

It got published late enough to set off the night owls but a lot of impact to the actual paper.

Dropped to a reporter covering the same beat but for a new outlet. One in heavy competition with the writer’s former employer.

I play Clue 2-3 times a week with my 8 yo daughter. If I’ve beaten her 3-4 times in a row , even after I’ve solved the ‘crime’ in the next game - I pretend I haven’t.

Does anyone need the quid pro quo spelled out for them?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
The NCAA can S a Fn A those will regret this S

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Of course ESPN has us as one of the top stories. I hate how they love to see our demise.
Can't stand that place, unless there's an actual live event on tv, I avoid it like the plague. Doesn't surprise me one bit, they're gonna blow this up to be bigger than what it deserves to be.

Reaction Score
The NCAA needs something and someone to deflect the attention away from the fact that Michigan State is in trouble. This way they punish them by proxie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom