Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

The NCAA has notified UConn of an inquiry into its men’s basketball program, Hearst Connecticut Media has learned and the school confirmed Thursday. While the full nature of the inquiry is uncertain, some, if not all, involves areas of recruiting, according to two sources with knowledge of the situation.

Last edited:

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score

The NCAA has notified UConn of an inquiry into its men’s basketball program, Hearst Connecticut Media has learned and the school confirmed Thursday. While the full nature of the inquiry is uncertain, some, if not all, involves areas of recruiting, according to two sources with knowledge of the situation.
Is this an early April Fool's joke?

Reaction Score
So about that $10 million buyout...
That’s the dream scenario. But if we committed even the most minuscule infraction. Mark Emmert and the NCAA are going to screw us into obscurity. Firing Ollie in that scenario won’t save us

Reaction Score
I have an eerie feeling about this one. Who knows? Maybe this will be the missing piece into why there was such a mass exodus after last season.

Reaction Score
there's our cause.
No death sentence. No coach worth a damn is going to take over a dying program with sanctions in AAC. This is no bueno. If we’re guilty then Ollie has really screwed us big time

Reaction Score
Was nice knowing you Akinjo (speculating)........I had doubts we'd every see him on campus anyway

Reaction Score
Let's just hope they weren't dumb enough to do stupid after the ban year. Honestly just preserve 2013-14 in all its glory and give us an out on KO then a nice slap on the wrist just like everyone else gets to enjoy.
It’d be a real shame if we cheated to get Terrence Samuel or Brimah lol. Purvis slightly scares me

Reaction Score
I came here to post about the fact I was happy we got a win and this is the first thread I see.

I’m not naive. At this level every program that wants to compete for banners has to toe the line if not cross it. But if we’re crossing the line and the result is getting blown out repeatedly and overtime games with Monmouth and Columbia then Ollie really is the worst coach in America.

Reaction Score
I actually feel relieved reading that this has nothing to do with the fbi investigation. Just hope for the best I guess.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine which player we got recently in a "shady" way.....most of them have been damaged goods or flyers. Maybe someone we swung & missed on?

Guess I shouldn't speculate but what top 50 player that wasn't a walking injury have we landed in last few years?

Reaction Score
Couple things I could think of

1. That suit guy that had connections to KO
2. Talking to transfers too early. (Gibbs,Purv,Miller, seemed like we already had an in with those guys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom