Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn under investigation by NCAA in the midst of an already discouraging season

"The exact nature of the inquiry is unclear at this point" and "It’s difficult to evaluate what this means for UConn without knowing more" and yet these parasites are still circling around like vultures waiting for the kill. The lack of professionalism among some of these sports writers is an absolute disgrace. They can't just wait and see, no, they need to jump on any new story they can. Shame on them.
Many, if not most, are cuse grads. Does UConn have a program that feeds into the sportscasting business? If not, we should start one. We need to infiltrate the lion's den.

Reaction Score
Regardless of how minor it may be, with Emmert in charge, this is our future.

images
Karma is lurking. It is only a matter of time before he gets what's coming to him.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
That's it! I'm calling it!

We are winning the whole damn thing this year and when KO is given the mic at the end he is gunna say...

"LEMMIE GET YOUR ATTENTION RIGHT QUICK! LEMMIE GET YOUR ATTENTION! LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE ANGRY HUSKIES! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS... WHEN YOU INVESTIGATE US! WE WORKED HARD... FOUR YEARS AND ANGRY! ANGRY HUSKIES!" ...mic drop

Reaction Score

We are winning the whole damn thing this year and when KO is given the mic at the end he is gunna say...

"LEMMIE GET YOUR ATTENTION RIGHT QUICK! LEMMIE GET YOUR ATTENTION! LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE ANGRY HUSKIES! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS... WHEN YOU INVESTIGATE US! WE WORKED HARD... FOUR YEARS AND ANGRY! ANGRY HUSKIES!" ...mic drop

Take your meds

Reaction Score
Regardless. It’s a garbage article. Basically to say it’s not about the FBI investigation and then write about the investigation for half the article. I’m no Ollie fan but Jeff Jacobs never ceases to dissapoint.
He wrote about the FBI investigation for a reason. My guess he was told something off the record. This thing goes much deeper than Jacobs article.

Reaction Score
Good thing the NCAA got that UNC distraction wrapped up so they could go after bigger fish. Whatever this is it can almost be guaranteed to pale in comparison to the academic fraud at UNC, the pay-to-play at multiple institutions, or the sexual abuse that metastasized Michigan State for years! If this turns out to be some hyped up contact situation sportswriters conflating it with larger scandals need to be held accountable.

Reaction Score
Should an actual fact beyond "recruiting" appear, we need a new thread because the guessing

Who is Bazz this year? Thought so.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
In other words, a punishment means worse coaching.
You sure about that? It's gonna take a Herculean effort to be any worse than the past 2 years. Ollie has trashed this program, I'd take Chieff00 as HC right about now...

Reaction Score
So tldr we opened an investigation after the FBI CBB scandal and the internal investigation found some red flags so we informed the NCAA of what was found?

Reaction Score
Did anyone catch Jeff's tweet?

To be clear: NCAA mandated schools to conduct an internal review last fall after FBI BB bribery scandal. I have no evidence and have been told UConn did not self-report to NCAA. Been a told this NCAA inquiry into UConn BB, however it was initiated, is separate. That's what I know

EDIT: My bad, a minute too slow, you guys are quick!

Why wasn't Jeff clear from the start, or is he just doing this as damage control after being called out for jumping the gun to begin with before everything was out in the open?

Reaction Score
The only reason the FBI thing was brought up was because we are using the same firm for this NEW NCAA issue that we used when the NCAA asked everyone to self-investigate back in the fall once the FBI got involved. That's it.

The only thing we really know is the NCAA is investigating us mainly (or entirely) due to something involving recruiting..and that we did NOT self-report.

Oh, and we also know that the wording in Ollie's contract is broad in terms of just cause - If Ollie violated, or if his coaches/players violated and he knew and didn't report it within 10 business days, UConn can take action.

I think I've got it now.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I was getting sick to my stomach with all this NCAA nonsense and then came the Trump/West/ARBY Tweets. LOL.
Thanking you for your hilarious posts. This is all I am going to follow for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom