Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I hear ya and I'm certainly no facsist trying to shut up the press. My point was exactly that; get the details before breaking the story. There are different levels of ncaa infractions, obviously everyone is going to think the worst and our competitors will use it against us. He must know that much and I personally think it's really irresponsible.

I feel like this is how most of these stories break. It's always pretty general "Institution X under investigation...", then specific details start to come out as more people start to talk and the institution tries to control the narrative.

Reaction Score
For breaking a story about a highly sensitive topic based on a leak that made headlines across the country (with obviously less than all of the facts). Sorry I have a problem with journalists motivated more by breaking a story to garner clicks and ad rev than by seaking and providing the truth.
I'm with you. I don't have a problem with him stating that we're under investigation. I do have a problem with him speculating on things that he doesn't have any facts to back up, just to cause an uproar and get clicks.

Reaction Score
You really think what you wrote is appropriate?
No and I apologize for it. I deleted it so there is no reason to quote it. But I'm most definitely ignoring him from here on out.

Reaction Score
Good Lord. Even if it is unrelated, can we at least have the tiniest modicum of self awareness here???

From the group that still thinks the ACC and Big are going to battle over us

Reaction Score
As an aside, Vic Cegles is a heck of a name.

It's either pronounced like seagulls or kegels, neither of which is a great outcome
Kegels would be worse, or better. All depends on the person.

Reaction Score
I feel like this is how most of these stories break. It's always pretty general "Institution X under investigation...", then specific details start to come out as more people start to talk and the institution tries to control the narrative.
We are 12 hours in and we aren't being portrayed in a very neutral way by anyone......,....time for UConn to start "controlling the narrative" I would think if we plan to field a team next year.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Kegels would be worse, or better. All depends on the person.

Kegels DEFINITELY worse. Seagulls is sort of just silly. Imagine hearing Kegels over the PA system at the DMV and having to stand up and claim that.

Reaction Score
Given that Ollie followed up the last post season ban with a championship -maybe he thought he needed to violate something to get us back on track.

Reaction Score
Time for Uconn to use social media to their advantage, and this includes fans. Call people out on their BS, if it is indeed proven to be BS...or at least DEMAND proof from those speculating. Social media IS a powerful tool...even more so when only one side seems to be using it. Uconn fans should be flooding twitter, espn comments, etc. with facts and good questions, demanding proof and holding people accountable for what they say. Don't stay silent.

Reaction Score
It's January 26th, and there hasn't even been a notification of what the violations are. The odds that this investigation wraps up by the end of the season in time to 1) Fire Ollie 2) hire anyone of value seems pretty small to me.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If we were cheating and still put this product on the court it is more than embarrassing.

Reaction Score
UConn under investigation by NCAA in the midst of an already discouraging season

"The exact nature of the inquiry is unclear at this point" and "It’s difficult to evaluate what this means for UConn without knowing more" and yet these parasites are still circling around like vultures waiting for the kill. The lack of professionalism among some of these sports writers is an absolute disgrace. They can't just wait and see, no, they need to jump on any new story they can. Shame on them.

*edit: emphasis my own.

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Regardless of how minor it may be, with Emmert in charge, this is our future.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom