Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
People jumped all over me a few months ago when I said that my friend at the Washington Post told me this would happen.

I do remember that. I hate when you are right.

Reaction Score
This should be the end of KO’s reign at uconn if serious. It will be interesting to see what this is. Wow is all I can say!

Reaction Score
I mean, wasn't Nate Miles on the 2008-09 roster for part of the year, and we didn't have to vacate that season.
Good point. By like storrssouth said I hope we don’t have to cross that bridge

Reaction Score
I wonder what level of punishment the AD would be willing to accept if it got them out of the KO contract.

Postseason ban is probably too much, but maybe a couple of schollies taken away for a year or two?

Reaction Score
I wonder what level of punishment the AD would be willing to accept if it got them out of the KO contract.

Postseason ban is probably too much, but maybe a couple of schollies taken away for a year or two?
I’d rather the post season ban. Let us take it this yr and keep our schollies. Small chance we make the tourney anyway

Reaction Score
My gut says Sid Wilson.

The whole set of circumstances was just strange, with him committing to St. John's, going there for a week, then backing out and coming here.

Could also be why the AD appeared to be totally clueless about the NCAA ruling, maybe there was something else going on behind the scenes.
Well if this is "it" at least he never actually played for us, maybe just improper contacts & hopefully nothing terribly nefarious ..

Whatever it is I hope they make it public soon. We are rock bottom right now so let's just get this over with quickly.......a cloud for a year is the absolute last thing we need.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

If you can take a postseason ban this year to save yourself, you take that and run. They aren't making this year -- pull a Cuse and save your next season.

C

Chief00

What happens if a buyout is not affordable is the employer will scrutinize the employee for behavior contrary to the code of conduct and most contracts have an exit clause there. When this happens it gets nasty and then negotiations is considered.

Unfortunately, this will likely be the route UConn has to take.

Chief on Sunday.

Reaction Score
This honestly makes more sense. Ollie is too honest to be an elite recruiter. Ollie cheating to get sub par recruits just doesn’t pass the sniff test
In a thread where UConn admits being investigated by the NCAA, possibly for recruiting violations, it makes more sense to trust anonymous hearsay? The hearsay might be correct, but it’s a weird time to say it makes more sense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So you're going with the "AD Dave in fake mustache and glasses calling from a pay phone" theory?

No. More like AD Dave just telling Jeff to his face with the recorder off.

The personal stuff I heard was nothing that would create cause.

Reaction Score
This honestly makes more sense. Ollie is too honest to be an elite recruiter. Ollie cheating to get sub par recruits just doesn’t pass the sniff test

"Naive" is the word that comes to mind in regard to KO on the recruiting trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom