JC Retirement Gift Commitment To Date: $10,826* ** | Page 4 | The Boneyard

JC Retirement Gift Commitment To Date: $10,826* **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If this gets high enough, we can have Calipari maimed or beaten or something.

We'd go through the Foundation, of course.

Who are you kidding? Anyone here would do that for a sacred and a couple of wings.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
And 8893 reups to push us over 10k!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity who donated the $3.00?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Someone donated 263 or some such. But if you feel like donating $3.00, I'll take it!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
have we decided on what the gift is going to be?

Not to say too much, but picture this - Calhoun, the Boneyard, Las Vegas.

It will be epic.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Not to say too much, but picture this - Calhoun, the Boneyard, Las Vegas.

It will be epic.
Vegas? Vegas is for . Bring that 10G to Reno and I can get JC and all the Boneyard
regulars laid and still have enough to put 2G on red and donate 3G to the UCONN Foundation. If red hits we all get laid again. This time with attractive girls with all their teeth.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Vegas? Vegas is for . Bring that 10G to Reno and I can get JC and all the Boneyard
regulars laid and still have enough to put 2G on red and donate 3G to the UCONN Foundation. If red hits we all get laid again. This time with attractive girls with all their teeth.

If we do this can I wait until after red hits before getting laid?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Someone donated 263 or some such. But if you feel like donating $3.00, I'll take it!
I'm in for $100 already but I like round numbers so add another $107.00 to my commitment (unless we decide on Reno, in which case I'll hold off any additional donations until I see what the girls CAHusky has in mind look like).

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Is there somewhere we can actually donate now or still just getting a total? I am in for $50 just let me know where to do it.

Reaction Score
Is there somewhere we can actually donate now or still just getting a total? I am in for $50 just let me know where to do it.

There isn't yet, but if you all decide* that your plan is to donate through the Foundation for the Basketball Development Center in honor of Coach (or the Cardiology Center in honor of Coach, etc.), we could have a dedicated secure online giving page up anywhere from a few hours to one business day from when we get the word to do so. It would look like the existing Calhoun giving page, but would be easier to provide a total of the giving that's gone through The Boneyard.

* We know you're all still discussing it.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Still working on details - should have something later today or tomorrow.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I'm in for $100 already but I like round numbers so add another $107.00 to my commitment (unless we decide on Reno, in which case I'll hold off any additional donations until I see what the girls CAHusky has in mind look like).

I like symbolic numbers, so I'll throw in another $116. 1 for the NIT, which gave many of us hope that good times were ahead, and 16 for the old Big East Championships.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Total up over 10k with some caveats.
* = 2379 only through Foundation
** - $5,000 extra committed if we reach 20k to make it 25k!

So let's reach 20k - let's go kids - ante up!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Do we have any idea what the donation is going towards? I'll be in for some $, but don't want to commit and falsely inflate the number without knowing what the gift will be.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Do we have any idea what the donation is going towards? I'll be in for some $, but don't want to commit and falsely inflate the number without knowing what the gift will be.
Read the update thread for an explanation.

Reaction Score
I thought I responded to this. I am in for $100.

JC was in his second year when I got to Uconn - I have seen it from the start and can't believe what he did at my school. I'll miss the old coach. Congrats Jim, enjoy retirement. :)

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Once the committee decides on a Gift- it might not be a bad idea to post the Plan/Donation Link/Goal on the Boneyard Football/Woman's/Realignment boards etc. I've noticed names over there that I rarely see on the Men's board. In ten years, I've probably been on the woman's board 5x BUT- if something Special was going on for Geno's honor- I would want to know. Every dollar helps, especially if we're trying to get that Extra Gift of $5,000.

Reaction Score
Before I give a commitment of $100 I would like to know where the money is going. I know we have some ideas but until its established i'll be a little hesitant.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Once the committee decides on a Gift- it might not be a bad idea to post the Plan/Donation Link/Goal on the Boneyard Football/Woman's/Realignment boards etc. I've noticed names over there that I rarely see on the Men's board. In ten years, I've probably been on the woman's board 5x BUT- if something Special was going on for Geno's honor- I would want to know. Every dollar helps, especially if we're trying to get that Extra Gift of $5,000.
Absolutely - we will blanket the boards. We'll also ask you to ask friends and family who might not be on the boneyard to go to the donation page. We'll squeeze every last drop out of this!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Before I give a commitment of $100 I would like to know where the money is going. I know we have some ideas but until its established i'll be a little hesitant.
At this point, you are agreeing to donate assuming we come up with something worthwhile. I'll tell you know it is worthwhile and endoursed to boot. So just say you're in for $100 and if you hate our idea, which you won't, you're not obligated, but at least we know we're working with the extra money as we plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom